MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Swap 2nd term econ for 1st term mizz.s. Academics 0 08-31-2010 11:54 PM
Does anyone who has term 2 Physics 1L03 want to trade for the term 1 course? Yuls Academics 0 08-13-2010 01:42 PM
can i drop a class in term 2 and take a class in term 1??? Cassandraa87 Academics 4 08-10-2010 12:58 PM
Will the first term courses be offered in second term too? nanaaoyama First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 08-04-2010 10:37 PM
What happens if you fail a course first term that is a prerequisite for second term? MacPack Academics 3 06-11-2010 04:44 PM

MacInsiders Get-together (Term 2)!

Old 01-13-2010 at 10:39 PM   #136
niteskie
Elite Member

Liked: 45 Times

Wish I could come. :( Have class until 5:30 and I hate showing up late.(stereotype)
Old 01-13-2010 at 10:42 PM   #137
marieeeeeee

Liked: 26 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by niteskie View Post
Wish I could come. :( Have class until 5:30 and I hate showing up late.(stereotype)
Why not go either way? Being late doesn't seem like a big problem
Old 01-13-2010 at 10:46 PM   #138
niteskie
Elite Member

Liked: 45 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by marieeeeeee View Post
Why not go either way? Being late doesn't seem like a big problem
I'll see.
Old 01-13-2010 at 11:05 PM   #139
snaps

Liked: 32 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by marieeeeeee View Post
Sure! I'll come then though I'm not sure how I'm gonna find everyone ^_^;
I am assuming everyone is gonna have little name tags with their macinsiders nickname on it.

Quote:
My last class ends at 6 30 and I am still coming. (:
Old 01-13-2010 at 11:14 PM   #140
Mowicz
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Hey guys. So is the consensus tomorrow Jan 14, 5-8pm, Bridges? Would you like me to post it on the homepage?
Sure, by all means.
Old 01-13-2010 at 11:31 PM   #141
xo.monica
M.I.'s most trolled

Liked: 325 Times

Haha, yeah, I'm not sure how we're going to find everyone.. O_O
This'll be interesting. xD

But no, I have no friends, either!
The more the merrier!

and no, I will try to be civil, haha, no arguments.
and I don't think reeves is going, anyway =/

So we're good.

Mowicz, are we still going over math tomorrow at 1:30 at Math Cafe?

Old 01-13-2010 at 11:41 PM   #142
xo.monica
M.I.'s most trolled

Liked: 325 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossclot View Post
Hahaha! I love how you call me ignorant, while you are being ignorant. I have cooked for extended periods of time for people of more varying dietary lifestyles than most people can name. Unless you have a medical reason, they are just self inflicted constraints that limit your experiences. And supposedly I need to stop being close minded? This from the person defending being restrictive in your diet. HA.
Umm, you said to stop being a baby and to eat meat... =/
Now I highly doubt he has some medical reason for not eating meat, but hey, if he doesn't want to, he doesn't have to. He's eaten meat before, fyi, so he's 'experienced' it all, but he decides not to because of beliefs and animal rights and such. And I am not ignorant, Mr. Rossclot, I myself eat meat. I love it. Not gonna lie. I was defending him because you called him a baby. :s wtf? He's a baby because he doesn't eat what you eat? Surely vegetarians have eaten meat before and then for whatever reason decided to be a vegetarian, etc. Stop being such a meanie.

Old 01-13-2010 at 11:44 PM   #143
Jake

Liked: 107 Times

Damn it...I'm not going to attend this one either. I have an evening class, and a class before that class. Hopefully, I'll be able to attend the next one... Have fun guys!

Old 01-14-2010 at 12:45 AM   #144
snaps

Liked: 32 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by xo.monica View Post
Umm, you said to stop being a baby and to eat meat... =/
Now I highly doubt he has some medical reason for not eating meat, but hey, if he doesn't want to, he doesn't have to. He's eaten meat before, fyi, so he's 'experienced' it all, but he decides not to because of beliefs and animal rights and such. And I am not ignorant, Mr. Rossclot, I myself eat meat. I love it. Not gonna lie. I was defending him because you called him a baby. :s wtf? He's a baby because he doesn't eat what you eat? Surely vegetarians have eaten meat before and then for whatever reason decided to be a vegetarian, etc. Stop being such a meanie.
Dont worry, tomorrow you guys can argue in person. You can also grab some delicious vegetarian meals while you argue... However, I suggest that the best way to solve an argument is a fist fight. That way, there will always be a definite winner.

lol just kidding..

reeves likes this.
Old 01-14-2010 at 06:48 AM   #145
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 453 Times

Quote:
I have class until 4:30 and I still plan to be late, there are stereotypes I need to live up to
Old 01-14-2010 at 08:38 AM   #146
Marlowe
Elite Member

Liked: 421 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockerSocker View Post
Spin class? Yoga? Vegetarian? You sure you're a dude? Or are you gay? Just curious.
Ok, yoga I can see. The class was like 90% female, and since it focuses on flexibility is more female dominated. I mainly went because I'm just starting to get into the habit of going to the gym, and a bunch of my friends joined that class. To be honest, my first experience there didn't seem that helpful, but I plan on continuing to go because of the health benefits and because of friends.

Spin class (haven't been yet, but according to the people I'm going with) is a much more even split. I guess I kind of pictured it as more of a female thing as well, but its pretty much just exercise bikes where you have someone telling you what speeds to go at to maximise the exercise to your heart. I know its not as manly as free lifting, but it is important to mix cardio with strength training, which I'm starting Tuesday.

Being vegetarian has nothing to do with your sexual orientation. In fact, you'd think the choice to keep meat out of my mouth would make me more straight :p
But yeah, I like girls, not boys. Which is the defining point between being gay or straight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossclot View Post
Hahaha! I love how you call me ignorant, while you are being ignorant. I have cooked for extended periods of time for people of more varying dietary lifestyles than most people can name. Unless you have a medical reason, they are just self inflicted constraints that limit your experiences. And supposedly I need to stop being close minded? This from the person defending being restrictive in your diet. HA.
If you had been rational from the get go instead of just calling me a baby, maybe she wouldn't have called you ignorant. If you have a valid, logical point, don't lead with ad hominems.

But FYI, Bridges is the best food on campus, even if you aren't vegetarian. Most people who've been there instead of ruling it out because of the fact that its vegetarian agree to that. Its more expensive as well, which does suck, but that's the tradeoff.

I believe you posted at some point that you're a dog owner, and I'm quite sure that you would limit your own experiences by not eating dog. (Correct if wrong). So why not take your point to its logical conclusion and try it? And if you have tried it, why not continue to eat it on a regular basis?

I have already experienced eating meat, and decided I could live without it. And I am in the habit of limiting my experiences in the name of health, so that I can live longer and better and have other experiences. My choice, and I only give up things I have already experienced.

But yeah, why not show up tonight, so can discuss this further, and you can actually try bridges!

Quote:
I'm coming at the same time, so no worries.

Last edited by Marlowe : 01-14-2010 at 09:02 AM.
Old 01-14-2010 at 09:23 AM   #147
JEFF_CHAN
Forum Creeper

Liked: 454 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Marlowe View Post
So why not take your point to its logical conclusion and try it? And if you have tried it, why not continue to eat it on a regular basis?
You're still working under the assumption that he hasn't tried it before (and if he has, maybe he just didn't like it)

I don't think he's outright posted that he hasn't yet.

</Devil's Advocate>
Old 01-14-2010 at 11:05 AM   #148
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by xo.monica View Post
Stop being such a meanie.
This is a very convincing argument. Rossclot will surely change his ways now. I sure would.

JEFF_CHAN, Taunton like this.
Old 01-14-2010 at 01:10 PM   #149
Hatsumi

Liked: Liked 2 Times

Where are the bridges? o.o

snaps, Taunton like this.
Old 01-14-2010 at 01:16 PM   #150
Taunton
Elite Member

Liked: 598 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatsumi View Post
Where are the bridges? o.o
Made me smile

Bridges is a vegetarian food location on campus. It's in the Refectory building, next to Wallingford Hall