Micro and Macro in one Sems Fa11enAnge1 Academics 9 12-12-2009 01:09 PM
MICRO or MACRO? MSS12 Academics 6 06-01-2009 09:39 AM
Macro or MIcro???? ishk33 Academics 4 01-10-2009 09:39 PM

macro vs micro

Old 11-21-2009 at 05:11 PM   #1
lmasud

Liked: 33 Times

macro vs micro
Im planning to take one of the two next semester. Can someone tell me which is one is easier. I don't mind doing math, but I hate it if there is a lot of bs assignments. Also, it would be nice if someone could tell me if either or both classes use iClickers to check attendance.

thx in advance
Old 11-21-2009 at 05:54 PM   #2
Bibo

Liked: 0 Times

I preferred micro a lot more than macro, the main reason being Hannah Holmes is an awesome prof. Last year there was no attendance for iclickers, but I heard there are iclicker quizzes now in micro.
Old 11-21-2009 at 05:56 PM   #3
Mowicz
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

I don't think either choice is too difficult. I found Micro a lot more relevant in my day to day life.
Old 11-21-2009 at 06:00 PM   #4
saukalra
Elite Member

Liked: 18 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmasud View Post
it would be nice if someone could tell me if either or both classes use iClickers to check attendance.
In micro, we have a in class multiple choice quiz on scantrons almost every week (on the last lecture of every week). There are 9 quizzes in total and your best 5 count for 1% each. There are no iclicker quizzes this semester.
Old 11-23-2009 at 07:11 PM   #5
hollie012

Liked: 2 Times

Macro - O'Shaughnessy (great prof).
Old 11-23-2009 at 08:34 PM   #6
kamalprasher

Liked: 11 Times

I am currently taking Macroeconomics and am doing quite well in it. I am second year Honours Life Science student so this was my elective. The professor is really good and the material is not that hard if you just use common sense since some sense doesn't require any facts, but rather just what would actually happen. As for assignments they are all online and you get multiple attempts on them. These assignments are based on the textbook, so make sure you have textbook with you. The assignments go by chapter. As for iClickers, they are just there for class poll on questions and to make decisions. No attendance since she posts online lectures as well, so you don;t really have to go to class, but I suggest you do. Hope this helps.
Old 11-24-2009 at 11:58 PM   #7
leaffan

Liked: 4 Times

Both were easy. You could learn the material completely off the podcasts. Personally I found micro easier and did better in it. I would say if you think you are good at interpreting graphs and understanding concepts then micro is best. Macro is more mathematical.
Old 11-25-2009 at 08:53 AM   #8
lmasud

Liked: 33 Times

i think by the sounds of it..macro seems like the better choice for me