MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Residence Mailbox package address GYalstj Brandon Hall Forum 0 08-19-2013 04:50 PM
Residence Mailbox vp15 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 10-14-2010 12:23 AM
Will mailbox # be the same as Room #? Rail24 General Discussion 3 09-04-2009 10:29 AM
Summer- university mailbox access? Richa General Discussion 4 04-18-2009 07:50 PM
McMaster email/mailbox trouble Richa General Discussion 3 04-05-2009 07:28 PM

Mailbox delivery and

Old 02-12-2015 at 11:28 PM   #1
youdontknow

Liked: 7 Times

Mailbox delivery and
Earlier this week, I ordered something online and requested it to be shipped to my residence. However, when it came to address, all I did was give my name, my residence's postal code and the address of the university. Given the fields provided, I did not know how to tell them my room number, my mailbox number or the actual name of the residence. The shipping service has a 2-day delivery guarantee, and even though it has been two days, I have yet to receive the package.

The question I am asking is is it absolutely necessary to input the name of your residence, your room number and your mailbox number to get a package shipped to you? I am worried that I will not be able to get the package, since I did not give the shippers those details. If it is, am I still able to pick up the package one way or another without having to order it again?
Old 02-13-2015 at 07:23 AM   #2
GeorgeLucas
Elite Member

Liked: 91 Times

Why don't you ask.. you know... the company that does the delivery?
Old 02-13-2015 at 09:10 AM   #3
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 580 Times

Yeah, this is something you need to contact the company for, though you could always try calling the desk where you would pick up the package to see if they've got anything for you - it might be that they haven't gotten around to figuring out what your actual address is.

Usually when you order online there is a field for address and unit number, so you should have put the information into these fields. The housing website describes how items being sent to you should be addressed.
Old 02-13-2015 at 11:11 AM   #4
youdontknow

Liked: 7 Times

Don't worry, it turns out the parcel was just late.
I received it today.