MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Maple SIM / McMaster Email trouble MiniDragon Academics 3 09-19-2010 09:00 PM
McMaster Email vp15 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 06-30-2010 01:17 PM
McMaster Email Skittles Academics 2 06-27-2010 04:33 PM
McMaster email Zorateus General Discussion 12 09-12-2009 12:40 PM
McMaster Email Use Selfcontrol First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 48 08-08-2009 07:15 PM

McMaster email/mailbox trouble

Old 04-03-2009 at 11:04 PM   #1
Richa

Liked: 11 Times

McMaster email/mailbox trouble
Hey
I think that my mailbox might be full and now it doesn't let me send any more messages telling me that I have exceeded the limit.
Can someone please assist me on how to divert all my emails from my mcmaster account to some other mailbox like gmail?
thanks
Old 04-04-2009 at 12:01 AM   #2
myoozik

Liked: 42 Times

Hi Minnie,

1. Log into your MUSS Account.
2. At the top you will see links for Mailboxes | Compose | Rules | Settings | External | | Web Site | Log Out. Click on Rules.
3. Somewhere near the bottom there should be a box with the option "Redirect All Mail To". Check the box beside the heading and in the main text box type in whatever e-mail address you prefer.

To ensure that e-mails are being deleted as they are forwarded to your other e-mail, make sure that the "Keep A Copy" heading just underneath the text box is NOT checked. You may also want to put a check beside the "Preserve To/Cc fields" so the e-mail will look exactly how it would if it came into your MUSS inbox.

With that said, delete all your previous e-mails that you have no further use for. E-mails you received before you apply the "Rule" will not be forwarded to your other e-mail so just clean up your inbox.

Hope this was helpful enough!

kirbyking, Richa, nila*, RyanC all say thanks to myoozik for this post.
Old 04-05-2009 at 02:01 PM   #3
Richa

Liked: 11 Times

hey thanks for your help.
And I did redirect all my mails to my gmail accnt.
however the message "account is full (quota exceeded)" keeps showing up when I try sending mails through my muss account.
How do I solve this problem?

Old 04-05-2009 at 07:28 PM   #4
caroline54

Liked: 10 Times

I had that happen to me once....try deleting the emails that you sent.