MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Will mailbox # be the same as Room #? Rail24 General Discussion 3 09-04-2009 10:29 AM
Summer- university mailbox access? Richa General Discussion 4 04-18-2009 07:50 PM
McMaster email/mailbox trouble Richa General Discussion 3 04-05-2009 07:28 PM
Residence 09/10 FJEAN Residence & Housing 6 01-28-2009 11:46 PM
The Residence Flu katie_batt General Discussion 9 09-19-2008 12:27 PM

Residence Mailbox

Old 10-13-2010 at 11:00 PM   #1
vp15

Liked: 4 Times

Residence Mailbox
If you want to order items on the internet from sites like Amazon, or eBay, how do you put your address? II put address 1 as 1280 Main St.W., Mailbox # and address 2 as Residence name and room number is this correct? Also I am not sure, but are we allowed to order stuff online?
Old 10-13-2010 at 11:01 PM   #2
REPLEKIA/.
Community Engagement Officer

Liked: 447 Times

If you have your name on it and it gets sent to MAC they sort it to the right place, but it is highly appreciated that you do include your residence and room number as it saves the staff some work.
Old 10-13-2010 at 11:07 PM   #3
Deegs14
Cogito, ergo sum

Liked: 156 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replekia View Post
If you have your name on it and it gets sent to MAC they sort it to the right place, but it is highly appreciated that you do include your residence and room number as it saves the staff some work.
Yes you're allowed to order items online - just keep in mind depending on the size of your mail (i.e. a package) they'll obviously leave you a slip saying its being kept at the nearest Canada Post (like the one in titles). Remember, your mail box is quite small.
Old 10-13-2010 at 11:57 PM   #4
crazyfree
Elite Member

Liked: 284 Times

Packages judt get delivered to Housing Services. They just contact you by phone or email when you have a package and you just need to go pick it up from them (in the commons building...same place you go if you loose keys or need a vacuum... at least that's where it is if you live in North Quad. Probably Mary Keyes if you live in West Quad I think). I used to get packages sent from my boyfriend all the time last year and I just had to pick them up.

Old 10-14-2010 at 12:12 AM   #5
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 416 Times

The only packages that you need to go pickup in MDCL (canada post) are the ones that require signature.

Otherwise, no matter how big the package is, Housing services have it.

1280 Main st w. should be the first line
Mailbox# Building name should be the 2nd line
Old 10-14-2010 at 12:23 AM   #6
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

Everything's pretty much been answered already. As for your address, if you look at the bottom of this page, it'll tell you what format it's supposed to be in =] http://housing.mcmaster.ca/Residence...s/moulton.html