MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FCE and Residence moonlitnight First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 11 03-21-2010 01:35 PM
Residence Rep loats14 Residence & Housing 6 01-27-2010 04:14 PM
Residence saigalhz General Discussion 13 04-10-2009 09:44 AM
The Residence Flu katie_batt General Discussion 9 09-19-2008 12:27 PM
Residence Ruggedman First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 07-03-2008 07:48 AM

Residence 09/10

Old 01-26-2009 at 05:45 PM   #1
FJEAN

Liked: 0 Times

Residence 09/10
I was wondering when we're able to apply for residence next year? Also, how would it work (for a first year going into second year)? I heard it's a lottery but I'm not too sure how that works either. Since all my friends are living off campus...I can't really resort to Keyes or Bates...even though I'd LOVE to live there :( If I applied there without listing roommates, would I increase my chances in rooming with first year students? :S
And...what are my chances of getting a single room at Les Prince or McKay?
Gah, this is so stressful.
Old 01-26-2009 at 06:29 PM   #2
bauhaual

I think there are already some posts that adress these types of questions. Just keep checking the housing website - it'll let you know when applications for residence are up.
http://housing.mcmaster.ca/Residence...tructions.html
But from what I know, if you are an upper year and you get accepted into residence, I think you're almost always guarenteed a single room. I've never really heard of an upper year in a double or triple room with a first year.

FJEAN says thanks to bauhaual for this post.
Old 01-26-2009 at 06:57 PM   #3
FJEAN

True. I hope I get into a single. Thanks =)
Old 01-26-2009 at 07:36 PM   #4
mumbojumbo

Liked: 10 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by bauhaual View Post
I think there are already some posts that adress these types of questions. Just keep checking the housing website - it'll let you know when applications for residence are up.
http://housing.mcmaster.ca/Residence...tructions.html
But from what I know, if you are an upper year and you get accepted into residence, I think you're almost always guarenteed a single room. I've never really heard of an upper year in a double or triple room with a first year.
I currently live in McKay and I know an upper year living with a first year in the building, though, from what I know, they applied as preferred roommates in the application process.
Old 01-26-2009 at 09:12 PM   #5
JBeans

Liked: 14 Times

Last year I was an upper year in Matthews living with a first year I did not request. I have a feeling this happened because I had requested someone who did not get into rez and so I was automatically put for a double room even though I hadn't put a double room in my preferences
Old 01-27-2009 at 10:46 AM   #6
bauhaual

So basically just request a single room and don't ask to live with someone else and you should be okay...i guess this is the vibe i'm getting.

FJEAN says thanks to bauhaual for this post.
Old 01-28-2009 at 11:46 PM   #7
Alvin

Liked: 9 Times

I know of several friends in their upper years who were mistakenly assigned double rooms (they hadn't requested a roomate, nor a double room). They were able to contact Residence Admissions to resolve the problem (i.e. getting a single room). Hope this helps.
McMaster University