MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Second Year Major healthsci1 Academics 13 03-10-2010 12:07 PM
double major mike123 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 14 07-10-2009 04:53 PM
2nd year major sj316 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 06-03-2009 12:18 PM
Double Major goodnews.inc First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 05-13-2009 10:16 PM
Article: What should I major in? Chad Academics 4 12-24-2008 07:22 AM

Major Help !!!

Old 08-31-2009 at 07:52 PM   #1
ghostanime20

Liked: 0 Times

Major Help !!!
I have problems....

I have applied to OSAP but I applied kinda late after the deadline (July 15th) to use OSAP as a funding option because My SIN # was lost for over a month a half. This was because I am moving and things are moved around so much it eaily gets misplaced.

I am now doing monthly payment and payed through Interac online. I already made a deposit of $1000 but that payment didnt show up on my MUGSI account summary. So what is going on??? Do I still have options to use OSAP once it gets issued cuz it still hasnt been issued to me yet. ??? Am I doomed to use OSAP or any other funding option to lower my expenses cuz I dont want to waste away all my parents money all on first year. So please anyone thanks. Also, I am wondering if when OSAP gets issued to me and I am able to use OSAP to pay for tuition fees. Can i use it for montly payment as well ? So i wont be paying like 700 bucks at the beginning of each month. ????????

Thanksssssssssss
Old 08-31-2009 at 07:57 PM   #2
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostanime20 View Post
I have problems....

I have applied to OSAP but I applied kinda late after the deadline (July 15th) to use OSAP as a funding option because My SIN # was lost for over a month a half. This was because I am moving and things are moved around so much it eaily gets misplaced.

I am now doing monthly payment and payed through Interac online. I already made a deposit of $1000 but that payment didnt show up on my MUGSI account summary. So what is going on??? Do I still have options to use OSAP once it gets issued cuz it still hasnt been issued to me yet. ??? Am I doomed to use OSAP or any other funding option to lower my expenses cuz I dont want to waste away all my parents money all on first year. So please anyone thanks. Also, I am wondering if when OSAP gets issued to me and I am able to use OSAP to pay for tuition fees. Can i use it for montly payment as well ? So i wont be paying like 700 bucks at the beginning of each month. ????????

Thanksssssssssss
When did you pay? Does it not say Interac Payment Pending at the bottom? Is there not a payment received? Had your payment agreement balance gone down compared to the balance forward?

You won't be able to use OSAP once it gets issued. You'll have to pay out of your pocket and pick up you OSAP afterwards (which will go into your bank so don't forget your banking information). You can use the money from OSAP to pay your tuition since you are on monthly payments.
Old 09-01-2009 at 02:13 PM   #3
ghostanime20

Liked: 0 Times

I paid a sum of 1500 yesterday for montly payment of Sept 1st the amount due by Sept 1st was like $1493 or something I paid $1500 using Interac online and still my account summary hasnt been updated. What I mean is when I payed 1500 yesterday and then i chekced my account summary after NOTHING has changed and STILL is this morning !! When I clicked Pay Now button up at the top I paid to "Payment Agreement Balance" giving 1500 there and paying with my scotiabank card. There were 2boxes i typed the sum at the bottom box. When I checked my account summary this morning I still had a "Balance Forward $5835.75" it didnt decrease for Sept 1st payment on monthly payment plan B. Did the money ever get sent or do I have to pay out of my pocket AGAIN ??? Can I get the money I paid already back maybe i typed the sum in the wrong box ?? Helppppp....

Last edited by ghostanime20 : 09-01-2009 at 02:18 PM.