MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
First day of classes...what do you do in between classes? like 1hour breaks? memyselfandi First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 21 08-22-2010 08:12 PM
Failed Course Banshee Academics 14 04-19-2010 05:58 PM
Failed! ??? BT23 Academics 41 07-03-2009 07:33 PM
What to do?? SOLAR says Kin A03 and AA3 FAILED? VoyozooT Academics 16 07-03-2009 06:50 PM
Failed Course Limit johnaa Academics 5 01-01-2009 09:58 PM

Making up failed classes.

Old 12-24-2008 at 04:02 PM   #1
fleenagirl

Liked: 0 Times

Making up failed classes.
Here's the problem:

I happened to fail 2 classes, and went to add 2 new courses to my term 2 timetable (to make up for the 2 classes that I failed) and it wouldn't let me add 2 because it said that I have a max of 30 units, by adding 2 more it would make it 36. I e-mailed the timetable people but I wasn't sure if anybody else has tried to add a class to replace one that they failed. If anybody has any suggestions or what not, let me know!

Thanks
Old 12-24-2008 at 04:11 PM   #2
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 470 Times

I would assume you have to remove 2 of the other classes you were planning on taking next term and replacing them with the 2 you failed that you want to re-take. It's obviously telling you you can't take 36 units which could be 7 courses in one term.

My guess as to why you can only take 30 units is because of payment. You've only paid to take 30 units so you cannot add more now.

Last edited by sew12 : 12-24-2008 at 04:15 PM.
Old 12-24-2008 at 04:23 PM   #3
temara.brown
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 352 Times

the maximum courses you are allowed to take is 30 unless you get permission to overload, which is granted if your cumulative average is above a certain point.

you can try talking to your academic advisors.. you can always consider taking courses in the summertime too.
Old 12-24-2008 at 06:43 PM   #4
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 23 Times

No one is going to let you overload by two courses in a semester if you failed two the previous semester, the only way I see that happening is if you had a medical problem or a personal issue that took you away from school and thus resulted in the two failures.
You're only allowed to over load if you can prove that you can take it academically (usually shown by your previous grades). Those two failures work against the idea that you can handle the extra courses, at least in the eyes of Administration. You'll most likely have to make it up in the summer if you can or next year. If you want professional advice, go talk to your faculty undergraduate advisor in Jan.

Last edited by kokosas : 12-24-2008 at 06:45 PM.
Old 12-25-2008 at 12:04 AM   #5
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

You can also try emailing and/or calling your faculty advisor...but I don't think anyone (administation-wise at least) goes back to work until January 5th.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement