MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Are there any good looking male profs at mac? ~*Sara*~ General Discussion 63 10-11-2010 06:57 PM
Anyone behind in their studies! MrSmith First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 39 10-21-2009 09:30 PM
LABOUR STUDIES 1A03 or COMMUNICATION STUDIES? lizziemcg First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 0 08-28-2009 05:43 PM
women studies manu Academics 17 07-03-2009 07:49 PM

Male Studies

Old 04-22-2010 at 01:44 PM   #76
Rossclot

Liked: 137 Times

fabric bought, searching out indian guy to help with tying,

dress begins tomorrow
Old 04-22-2010 at 04:36 PM   #77
JKSLYR

Liked: 19 Times

I'm amused by the fact that this thread has become an excuse for people to 'research' women in heels and men in kilts.

I call dibs on researching bathing suits. You know, for the evolutions and stuff.
Old 04-22-2010 at 09:15 PM   #78
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSLYR View Post
I call dibs on researching bathing suits. You know, for the evolutions and stuff.
You get to study David Hassellhoff's speedo and Rosie O'donnell's bikinis. I M SO JELUZ.
Old 04-23-2010 at 03:23 PM   #79
cocchiarella

Liked: 24 Times

funny quote i received in an email:

"If women are so bloody perfect at multitasking, how come they can't have a headache and sex at the same time?"
-billy connolly
Old 04-26-2010 at 06:09 PM   #80
killza

Liked: 105 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowicz View Post
This is an interesting issue in and of itself which could certainly be studied in a gender studies sort of course. Why do you think women use less effective methods?

When discussing this issue with a friend a few years ago, I'd hypothesized the following: a lot of times men want suicide as a means to end their life. Typically however, women use suicide as a means for change (perhaps subconsciously). They feel as though they're so upset that they can't go on living as they're currently living, and attempt something so drastic that it will guarantee change...either through death itself, should they be successful, or by gaining sympathy and support from those around them. The punchline: They're banking on the 2nd option.

I don't know if there's any validity to this hypothesis, and it's in general quite difficult to verify anything like this beyond mere speculation... But it feels like it might be something that makes sense.
on a totally unrelated note: OMG MICHAEL YOUR ON MAC INSIDERS?! haha i'm the infamous ***** guy!
Old 04-27-2010 at 02:56 AM   #81
Mowicz
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by killza View Post
on a totally unrelated note: OMG MICHAEL YOUR ON MAC INSIDERS?! haha i'm the infamous ***** guy!
lol how random.

Did you ever end up finding a formula for it?
Old 04-29-2010 at 09:29 PM   #82
killza

Liked: 105 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowicz View Post
lol how random.

Did you ever end up finding a formula for it?
I did actually, but only on lozinki's little spread sheet polar ordinate thing.. not really sure how to get an equation from that. Any thoughts? Its called Spreadsheet for Polar Curves under his lecture notes.
Old 05-19-2010 at 10:37 PM   #83
c.erl
PLUC Front, etc.

Liked: 94 Times

First MacInsiders, then the Toronto Star...

http://www.thestar.com/living/articl...-men-s-studies