MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
Looking for a team to play for (Intramural soccer team) dlee Athletics & Recreation 0 09-12-2010 10:16 AM
Team Canada DJ's at 1280 1280promo General Discussion 14 11-08-2009 04:03 AM
Team Canada's Hockey Team jhan523 General Discussion 61 08-28-2009 07:58 PM
Luggage for moving in p3nsuk3 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 08-29-2008 09:12 PM
Moving In katie_batt Residence & Housing 4 07-27-2008 11:26 PM

Management Team from 1280 Moving On

From an email sent earlier today from MSU Business Manager John McGowan:

Good Afternoon Everyone,

On behalf of the Board of Directors, I would like to update you on some recent developments.

In the upcoming months the 1280 management team will be leaving the organization to pursue opportunities outside the MSU. Don Jackson's last day with the MSU will be March 30th. Ismael Viegas will continue with 1280 until April 28th. LeRoy Douglas will employed with us until the end of his contract, May 14th. We would like to thank them for their efforts and wish them all the best in future endeavours. Please take the time to do so also.

The challenges that face those who are involved in managing a student union restaurant and bar are numerous. Examples include scrutiny from regulatory bodies, financial pressures, the large under-age population and the continuous training of new staff. Each member of the management team embraced these challenges and worked tirelessly for the betterment of 1280.

The Board and myself will be looking at all options available to the MSU to fill the needs of 1280 and the MSU. During this period of transition 1280 will continue its current hours of operation.

Thank you,

John

Published by
Vice President Education

Article Tools

Deleted Post
Old 03-11-2010 at 09:37 AM   #2
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times
So, what can we expect to see? The same amount of chaos this coming september that we saw last year?

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 03-11-2010 at 12:31 PM   #3
deadpool
X-Man

Liked: 392 Times
lol when you let go of the only 3 people who know how to run the place, and expect to fill their positions with newbies who aren't used to the unique nature of the mcmaster student bar...

let chaos reign

Old 03-11-2010 at 01:11 PM   #4
micadjems
Awesome Member

Liked: 382 Times
Brings an even better justification for Matt Wright's motion...

stupid lawyers.

Marlowe, Matt Wright like this.

Old 03-11-2010 at 09:43 PM   #5
Matt Wright

Liked: 49 Times
General Assembly had a motion submitted (which is now removed), opening the possibility to open up an RFP to the hamilton community for bar management. It was removed due to the possibility of a constructive dismissal suit; I think it should now be re-added to the agenda.

arathbon likes this.

Old 03-11-2010 at 09:49 PM   #6
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Wright View Post
General Assembly had a motion submitted (which is now removed), opening the possibility to open up an RFP to the hamilton community for bar management. It was removed due to the possibility of a constructive dismissal suit; I think it should now be re-added to the agenda.

Explain this to me like I'm 3.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 03-12-2010 at 10:36 AM   #7
michelle

Liked: 61 Times
Moving on.

Euphemism of the century!

Old 03-12-2010 at 10:50 AM   #8
andrew22
Account Locked

Liked: 238 Times
I know what you're all thinking..

and the answer is yes, I will run 1280 from now on if you want.

Taunton likes this.

Old 03-12-2010 at 12:06 PM   #9
Naheed
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 11 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Wright View Post
That was not the only reason this motion was deemed out of order. The MSU lawyer, Derek Collins, and I, consulted several provincial regulations to find that transfer in management would be in violation of provincial law. I have sent them to Mr. Wright via e-mail, this week, as justification for this disallowance.

Old 03-12-2010 at 12:34 PM   #10
KayakerDan

Liked: 86 Times
What's next? Sterling Station?

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search