MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looking for a team to play for (Intramural soccer team) dlee Athletics & Recreation 0 09-12-2010 10:16 AM
Management Team from 1280 Moving On finklej MacInsiders Announcements 9 03-12-2010 12:34 PM
Team Canada 2010 Kevin S Athletics & Recreation 58 02-19-2010 12:50 AM
Team Canada's Hockey Team jhan523 General Discussion 61 08-28-2009 07:58 PM
Team Canada @ Mac temara.brown MacInsiders Announcements 8 06-29-2008 01:29 PM

Team Canada DJ's at 1280

Old 11-04-2009 at 10:30 PM   #1
1280promo

Liked: 1 Time

Team Canada DJ's at 1280
We are bringing in the BEST IN CANADA!

Team Canada DJ's @ 1280

The Olympics are just around the corner which makes it the perfect time for this Gold Medal Event!

Join us for a night of wicked music for the cheap price of $6 at the door. Be sure to get there early, this night is guaranteed to hit capacity within minutes of the doors opening!

There will be 100 presold tickets for $8 which includes your cover AND bypass! What an amazing deal! ******Presold Tickets are on sale at the Bartender at 1280******

Saturday November 7th, 2009
Doors: 9:30pm
Cover: $6

***$3 drinks all night!***

Come decked out in your Red and White for a chance to win a Prize!

Team Canada DJs:
http://www.myspace.com/teamcanadadjs

Grandtheft:
http://www.myspace.com/grandtheezy

Don't forget Twelve-Eighty will be playing the Olympics in the bar in February, so make sure to check back and grab a bite to eat!
Old 11-04-2009 at 10:30 PM   #2
1280promo

We will be giving away free tickets to this event on Thursday night!
Old 11-05-2009 at 12:33 PM   #3
manu
jack

Liked: 75 Times

on another note, what costumes won on halloween night? what were the prizes? I am dying to know!
Old 11-05-2009 at 02:35 PM   #4
1280promo

There were some wicked costumes! People really brought their A Game this year but sadly there were only 3 prizes to be awarded so....

For Scariest: Although there were a few of them, the two that won this prize did a pretty good job with it. one of the H1N1 costumes won this.

Best Costume: There was a Centor who won this. Looked like he made it himself and it was pretty amazing to say the least!

Finally, for Best Couple(we changed it to group) Costume: The Love Train... They did not stop dancing except for one short team bathroom break! I thought they only made conductor overalls for babies and small children not people in University!

manu says thanks to 1280promo for this post.
Old 11-05-2009 at 03:14 PM   #5
deadpool
X-Man

Liked: 394 Times

centaur.

FAInLey
Old 11-05-2009 at 08:14 PM   #6
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1280promo View Post
We are bringing in the BEST IN CANADA!

Team Canada DJ's @ 1280

The Olympics are just around the corner which makes it the perfect time for this Gold Medal Event!
What about the people who aren't supporting the Olympics?

FYI people: protests are forthcoming once the flame comes into Canada...

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 11-05-2009 at 08:36 PM   #7
Taunton
Elite Member

Liked: 598 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorend View Post
What about the people who aren't supporting the Olympics?

FYI people: protests are forthcoming once the flame comes into Canada...
I don't think this should hamper people's enthusiasm. Frankly, there are people who have problems with everything, including something that is meant to be good and unifying, such as the olympic games.

If people don't like the olympics, and don't like the association that 1280 is making between the Olympics and this event, then that's their problem. They don't need to attend, and they don't need to spend their money.

PS: the flame is already in Canada... it's in the Northwest Territories right now and will be going south to Alberta tomorrow.

Last edited by Taunton : 11-05-2009 at 08:53 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-05-2009 at 09:14 PM   #8
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

The train was funny, but that centaur was TERRIBLE ..

I saw some better ones: Yoshi, a really impressive Wolverine, Snap Crackle & Pop, etc.

What were the prizes?
Old 11-07-2009 at 03:01 PM   #9
1280promo

Hey everyone!

Just a reminder that TONIGHT is going to be our biggest night ever!

Come on out it will be a great time! Forget those essays they can wait until boring sunday! You need some time to yourself. So bring your friends, Great prices on drinks and the CHEAPEST cover around Southern Ontario to see this great DJ team!

Team Canada DJ's just played Western and said the places was packed! We beat Western at Football now lets show these guys that we can beat Western at partying too!

Reminder wear your red and white!

Twelve-Eighty
Mac Lives Here
Old 11-07-2009 at 03:05 PM   #10
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 473 Times

There are people that are anti-Olympics?

LOL.

Some people really take activism to new and strange heights, that's for sure.
Old 11-07-2009 at 03:31 PM   #11
Lois
Elite Member

Liked: 361 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by sew12 View Post
There are people that are anti-Olympics?

LOL.

Some people really take activism to new and strange heights, that's for sure.
I have friends in Vancouver who are annoyed with having the Olympics because they believe the money should be spent on other things like increasing the number of hospital beds and helping out with social issues (such as homelessness).

Another issue involves the construction of Olympic venues on indigenous territory that has never been signed over to the Government of Canada via treaty or otherwise. I think this is the issue that Danielle is having with the Olympics.

Just as a note, these are the opinions of others and not necessarily my own.

Anyways, this is kind of off-topic.

Last edited by Lij : 11-07-2009 at 03:37 PM.
Old 11-07-2009 at 05:10 PM   #12
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
I have friends in Vancouver who are annoyed with having the Olympics because they believe the money should be spent on other things like increasing the number of hospital beds and helping out with social issues (such as homelessness).

Another issue involves the construction of Olympic venues on indigenous territory that has never been signed over to the Government of Canada via treaty or otherwise. I think this is the issue that Danielle is having with the Olympics.

Just as a note, these are the opinions of others and not necessarily my own.

Anyways, this is kind of off-topic.
Indeed. Many Indigenous communities are protesting for that reason. Also HBC is outsourcing their goods to be made in China...

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Lois says thanks to lorend for this post.
Old 11-07-2009 at 09:35 PM   #13
Lois
Elite Member

Liked: 361 Times

Quote:
Indeed. Many Indigenous communities are protesting for that reason. Also HBC is outsourcing their goods to be made in China...
What the hell?

While I think it's important to support our athletes, we should also be supporting our local textile industries especially in a period of economic recession. Especially if the clothing is supposed to represent our country :\.
Old 11-07-2009 at 09:47 PM   #14
manu
jack

Liked: 75 Times

I think it was in the summer when the Ontario Government was thinking of having the provinical flag made in china along with the Canadian flag that they use in their MPP's offices and in Queens park.
Old 11-08-2009 at 04:03 AM   #15
Taunton
Elite Member

Liked: 598 Times

Quote:
Also HBC is outsourcing their goods to be made in China...
I'm not too happy about this. They promised this year though that all of the clothing the actual athletes wear will be made in Canada.

Big woop.

I hope Roots gets the contract back whenever it comes up againl.