MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is eng 1p03 mandatory? pirates01 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 12-28-2010 11:59 PM
Are ther any language classes offered at Mac? chanduru First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 08-13-2010 09:38 AM
Mandatory course full qwerty91 Academics 5 06-17-2010 10:27 AM
Mandatory Courses FULL. Rakim Academics 1 06-14-2010 12:10 PM
Mandatory Voting at McMaster Rossclot General Discussion 56 02-08-2010 10:45 AM

Mandatory/Required classes not being offered?

Old 05-30-2011 at 12:05 AM   #1
gallagaj

Liked: 19 Times

Mandatory/Required classes not being offered?
I am just wondering if anyone can give me a reason as to why there are alot of courses that are mandatory and required for your degree, but yet they are not being offered this year. Its really starting to annoy me and making things very difficult.
Did anyone notice this as well?

J. Dorey likes this.
Old 05-30-2011 at 12:07 AM   #2
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallagaj View Post
I am just wondering if anyone can give me a reason as to why there are alot of courses that are mandatory and required for your degree, but yet they are not being offered this year. Its really starting to annoy me and making things very difficult.
What program?

It happens with my program but my program is tiny (I think there's like 35-40 people in my program in my year). So they offer a couple courses every other year, so instead of having only 40 people taking it they would have double or more of that amount (I think the year under us has more people in the program).
Old 05-30-2011 at 08:44 AM   #3
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times

Same here, except most of its offered, it just conflicts with other more important courses. My program's even smaller.
Old 05-30-2011 at 09:39 AM   #4
tyrant
Account Locked

Liked: 121 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallagaj View Post
If its mandatory for your program, tell them, they HAVE to let you in, don't stress if you can't get it now.
Old 05-30-2011 at 09:52 AM   #5
Silver
Elite Member

Liked: 392 Times

^no, he means specific courses aren't running this year that he needs to get a credit in and not that they are full.
Old 05-30-2011 at 10:08 AM   #6
tyrant
Account Locked

Liked: 121 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver View Post
^no, he means specific courses aren't running this year that he needs to get a credit in and not that they are full.
my bad.

<12 chars>