MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What to bring!? Leeoku First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 08-26-2010 08:11 PM
Where to get boxes for moving? TTHX Residence & Housing 4 04-29-2010 01:20 PM
How many boxes? Iman First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 08-18-2008 06:36 PM

How many boxes do people actually bring?

Old 08-27-2010 at 11:26 AM   #16
LazyNinja

Liked: 6 Times

I know I'll be bringing probably six or seven boxes, but pretty small ones. A couple for clothes, one for bedding, (Yay pillows!), one for computer stuff, one for cooking stuff, and probably one for binders/folders/general school stuff. I don't think I'll be bringing that much compared to many people though.

I agree with everybody else about living on res even if you're close. I'm only up in Burlington, but I decided to move in anyways because it'll make it way easier to make new friends, and as an engineer being able to get up and be in class within five minutes is definitely a major bonus. Plus, I kinda think anybody who'd want to have their family around through first year is pretty silly.
Old 08-27-2010 at 11:50 PM   #17
olive

Liked: Liked 4 Times

I'm going to be about three hours from home, and im for sure not going home till thanksgiving. I'm gonna bring so much stuff :(
Old 08-28-2010 at 11:28 AM   #18
L'Étoile
Tooth Fairy

Liked: 543 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimzy View Post
I agree with Elizabeth bring only what you need for the 1st 2 weeks it will honestly be better....less clutter in your room. You wont have that over whelming feeling of un packing everything. It will also give your reps less work since they move in the stuff you bring.
She is only saying that since she is a rep ... LMAO

McMaster University, Honours B.Sc. in Biology '13, Minor in Psychology

University of British Columbia, DMD '17, Doctor of Dental Medicine
Old 08-28-2010 at 12:50 PM   #19
Olivia.

Liked: 9 Times

I think picking which clothes to bring may be a heart-breaking experience for me
But I'm bringing loads of stuff. I've been buying/packing since late June haha
I live about 2 hours away so it's not all that convenient to have to bring more up, either.
Old 08-28-2010 at 02:09 PM   #20
annemarie13

Liked: 0 Times

im about 2.5 hours away as well, i have sooo much stuff i have 2 big suitcases and 3 plastic storage containers filled as well as boxes.I