MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GO Transit Fare Increase CompassIC MacInsiders Announcements 0 01-11-2012 09:22 AM
why did my tuition just increase? bubblegum3 Financial Aid 13 09-02-2010 12:17 AM
GO Transit Fares Increase Saturday March 14 lorend MacInsiders Announcements 7 03-14-2009 06:28 PM
HSR Fare Increase, Jan 1st lorend ARCHIVES 1 12-17-2007 03:08 PM

Mark issue 1% increase

Old 01-18-2012 at 12:05 AM   #16
person33

Liked: 53 Times

all first year classes suck and most are extremely boring, so i dont think that a lot of people would be in their respective majors if they based their decision solely on their experience in 1 first year class. i know i would not be in poli sci if i based my decision soley on 1G06- horrible, boring class but because i like politics and you get to specialize more in 3rd/4th year- put up with one or two stupid classes- that being said the op is probably interested in business but just hates 1st year micro. you should have studied harder/earlier, and went to class just to get it over with so you can move on to better courses in later years

alyssarr, jim1 like this.
Old 01-18-2012 at 08:14 AM   #17
WalkerBlue

Liked: 73 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commie8507 View Post
Ye, that increase isn't going to happen. Essentially you could go to the APO office in DSB and ask them to
waive the requirement but let me warn you. If are getting a 66 in econ 1b03, you will likely fail 2aa3, 2ab3,2fa3 and 3fa3.
This is a pile of shit. Most people don't have a stellar first year. Christ, most graduate schools are willing to look past it.

I ended up with a similar grade in 1B03 and 1BB3, and haven't failed to make Dean's List/Win a Scholarship since then.

As for your minor, forget it. Focus on your core classes. Your minor in management isn't going to change your life, just ask the hundreds of commerce majors looking at more education.

alyssarr, Desda, IcexFire, jim1 like this.
Old 01-18-2012 at 09:15 AM   #18
3am Coffee

Liked: 155 Times

jesus.. is every single poster on here a cynical moron?

no need to be a giant douche in your response to him.....

mfattal, try seeing her in person and talking to her... book an appointment and see what she can do

Old 01-18-2012 at 09:19 AM   #19
mike_302
Elite Member

Liked: 422 Times

In the OP's case, it isn't about doing well in first year. It's his general attitude towards most things. Check his history on this forum. In the case of this thread, there's the obvious point of not correctly identifying the issue at hand. Blaming the exam, when you didn't study or go to lecture all year? HAH. That is all. Just, "HAH".

temptingf8 says thanks to mike_302 for this post.

Desda, J. Dorey like this.
Old 01-18-2012 at 10:57 AM   #20
Snowman
Elite Member

Liked: 180 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3am Coffee View Post

mfattal, try seeing her in person and talking to her... book an appointment and see what she can do
The reason people people take no pity on him and think he shouldnt get a mark boosted cause he didnt go to class and didnt study for his exam and thinks he deserves a boost. If he worked his butt off then i would agree he probably should, since some of my harder courses i spend 2 or 3 full days studying for and pull of a high 60 on the exam but even the easy courses you need to put some time in

atran says thanks to Snowman for this post.
Old 01-18-2012 at 11:00 AM   #21
wesiscool

Liked: 13 Times

you probably won't get a mark increase since there is a long process, and it'd be unfair for other students who are off another grade point by less than 1%. You just gotta move on...and do better on term 2
Old 01-18-2012 at 11:33 AM   #22
justinsftw
Elite Member

Liked: 342 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3am Coffee View Post

I said nothing cynical or moronic, and he already spoke with her.
Old 01-18-2012 at 12:07 PM   #23
tyrant
Account Locked

Liked: 121 Times

Blah blahbla.... I dont like this kid so might as well make him feel shitty, it will make me feel good about myself, ecause im a shy person who wouldnt say it to his face, anyways it must okay because everyone is saying the same stuff.

....this is why I trust no ones opinion, they simply don't have my best interests at heart

jim1 likes this.
Old 01-18-2012 at 12:47 PM   #24
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrant View Post
Blah blahbla.... I dont like this kid so might as well make him feel shitty, it will make me feel good about myself, ecause im a shy person who wouldnt say it to his face, anyways it must okay because everyone is saying the same stuff.

....this is why I trust no ones opinion, they simply don't have my best interests at heart
You're clearly new here, haha. Its mfattal, he won't feel shitty because of what somebody says to him, hes a boss. A lazy boss.

alyssarr, mfattal like this.
Old 01-18-2012 at 07:06 PM   #25
DragonBorn

Liked: 13 Times

I'm sick of the ad hominem attacks on here.
Old 01-18-2012 at 07:12 PM   #26
Reda
Elite Member

Liked: 274 Times

An eng got a 60 something in this class? With hannah? Trolololol
Old 01-18-2012 at 07:17 PM   #27
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfattal View Post
ya the exam killed me 62% :(

it was a really boring class and didnt even go to any lectures

i should have studied 2 days before the exam and not the night before :(
Don't mind me, I'm just quoting this so that when Hannah Holmes needs proof that you don't deserve shit, she'll have it right here before you get to go back and edit your post.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Desda says thanks to lawleypop for this post.

Old 01-19-2012 at 09:30 AM   #28
eccentrikkk

Liked: 8 Times

I had a TA bump my mark come the end of the term once, it was for a course with no exam though... I only asked to be bumped less than 1% however, and that was to go from a B+ to an A- because I told her my GPA could really use it... She was very familiar with who I was though, so it wasn't like a last minute sort of thing where I was asking for something that she'd probably say no to normally.

Try asking your TA to bump one of your assignment marks up maybe, I doubt any prof would ever be compassionate enough to do something like that... TA's are students themselves remember so they're probably more understanding as to how important that percentage can be

mfattal says thanks to eccentrikkk for this post.
Old 01-19-2012 at 10:46 AM   #29
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 459 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by eccentrikkk View Post
I had a TA bump my mark come the end of the term once, it was for a course with no exam though... I only asked to be bumped less than 1% however, and that was to go from a B+ to an A- because I told her my GPA could really use it... She was very familiar with who I was though, so it wasn't like a last minute sort of thing where I was asking for something that she'd probably say no to normally.

Try asking your TA to bump one of your assignment marks up maybe, I doubt any prof would ever be compassionate enough to do something like that... TA's are students themselves remember so they're probably more understanding as to how important that percentage can be
There were no assignments in ECON 1B03.
Old 01-19-2012 at 07:59 PM   #30
lenzm2

Liked: 1 Time

I don't even see how that's possible. If you just read the textbook/applied yourself even a little bit...to either of the 1st year ECONs you'd be able to get at least a B/B+

At least with the business minor you don't have to take ECON 2XO3... haha

And another poster is quite right.. if you can't manage to do well in those... you're absolutely screwed if you need to take: 2AA3, 2AB3, 2FA3, 2QA3, 3FA3.