MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GO Transit Fare Increase CompassIC MacInsiders Announcements 0 01-11-2012 09:22 AM
why did my tuition just increase? bubblegum3 Financial Aid 13 09-02-2010 12:17 AM
GO Transit Fares Increase Saturday March 14 lorend MacInsiders Announcements 7 03-14-2009 06:28 PM
HSR Fare Increase, Jan 1st lorend ARCHIVES 1 12-17-2007 03:08 PM

Mark issue 1% increase

Old 01-19-2012 at 09:44 PM   #31
ictheworld

Liked: 0 Times

maybe you can try to talk to the DeGroot business office. They will probably provide you some ways ....
Old 01-19-2012 at 11:06 PM   #32
mfattal
Elite Member

Liked: 85 Times

had fun reading the replies lol

first semester in eng was brutal, its not as easy as other programs

so econ was like just an extra course i had to do and didnt focus on it,

my friends from past years told me that econ was a bird course, and it is but unfortunately it got changed

and trust me i made up my mind and im gona do the business minor

just gona try talking to the TAs or talk again to the prof hopefully she can increase me

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
Don't mind me, I'm just quoting this so that when Hannah Holmes needs proof that you don't deserve shit, she'll have it right here before you get to go back and edit your post.

loool just hope she dosent know what mac insiders is

jim1 likes this.
Old 01-19-2012 at 11:12 PM   #33
RememberTwce
Memento Mori

Liked: 878 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfattal View Post
had fun reading the replies lol

first semester in eng was brutal, its not as easy as other programs

so econ was like just an extra course i had to do and didnt focus on it,

my friends from past years told me that econ was a bird course, and it is but unfortunately it got changed

and trust me i made up my mind and im gona do the business minor

just gona try talking to the TAs or talk again to the prof hopefully she can increase me

1) You can't consider it an extra course. That implies that the curriculum normally consists of less courses and that you weren't expecting to deal with the course load. Considering you lived on this forum far before university began, you should have been well prepared to handle 6 courses like every other engineer.

2) Did you not realize when you did bad on the midterms that it wasn't going to be a bird course? I knew a good amount of people in the same class as you and they all said it was harder than they had heard, but still easier than their other courses.

3) Have you not realized that this is your fault and that the argument you're making is ridiculously foolish? Get over it and move on instead of trying to justify your own failure by deferring the blame to others.

J. Dorey, temptingf8 all say thanks to RememberTwce for this post.

Desda, jamescw1234, nerual like this.
Old 01-20-2012 at 10:32 AM  
IcexFire

Liked: 6 Times

Warning: This post has been reported
This post has been flagged as violating the MacInsiders Code Of Conduct, and is being reviewed by one of our staff. It may contain offensive material. Click here to view.

Desda, jim1 like this.
Old 01-20-2012 at 10:39 AM  
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

This post has been flagged as violating the MacInsiders Code Of Conduct, and is being reviewed by one of our staff. It may contain offensive material. Click here to view.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 01-20-2012 at 11:10 AM  
Entropy
Splice onto Arcane

Liked: 974 Times

candyman, rabblerabble like this.
Old 01-20-2012 at 02:31 PM   #34
Eternal Fire
Elite Member

Liked: 227 Times

^^ lol at the above post, too bad someone reported
Old 01-20-2012 at 03:05 PM   #35
_Luu_
Elite Member

Liked: 184 Times

To OP: It's simple. From now on, you'll have work hard to get what you want. None of this begging for 1 or even 1.4%; that's weaksauce and Grade 3-ish.
Old 01-20-2012 at 05:38 PM   #36
mfattal
Elite Member

just wanted to say, i didnt do bad on my midterms I had around 75% going into the exam,
unfortunately i did bad on the exam

second

I do take advice when people reply
MI actually answered so many questions for me before coming to mac

about my utube thing, I managed to do something better but still with youtube and i get more then 600,000 views a month

ill admit the 200-300 views i get from MI helped me at first

About minor

I might just repeat econ 1b03 and get a 10 in the course to raise my overall gpa
and I want to have some business skills when i graduate from mcmaster, so I think i will stick with it
I am going to try 1 more time with The prof on tuesday and see how it goes

note: I dont mind the hate, has zero affect on me so who ever is reporting the posts, u dont need to its fine

candyman, jim1, RyanC like this.
Old 01-20-2012 at 05:52 PM   #37
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 459 Times

Quote:
just wanted to say, i didnt do bad on my midterms I had around 75% going into the exam,

second

about my utube thing, I managed to do something better but still with youtube and i get more then 600,000 views a month

About minor

I might just repeat econ 1b03 and get a 10 in the course to raise my overall gpa
and I want to have some business skills when i graduate from mcmaster, so I think i will stick with it

note: I dont mind the hate, has zero affect on me so who ever is reporting the posts, u dont need to its fine
I wish you the best of luck. Just study really hard this term and not the night before the exam! I prepared for ECON 1B03 a week prior to the exam to let all the information settle it.

mfattal says thanks to anonanon987 for this post.
Old 01-20-2012 at 05:57 PM   #38
TheLegacy

Liked: 11 Times

Goddamn people, just chill. No need to rant if the dude effed up. Whatever happened to the old adage of if you don't have anything to say, just shut up?

[Moderated]

Medicine I
Biology III (BSc. 2011)

Last edited by jhan523 : 01-20-2012 at 11:08 PM.

anonanon987, candyman, jim1 like this.
Old 01-20-2012 at 06:01 PM   #39
Differential

Liked: 20 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Differential View Post
Indeed, 40x0.62 + ~4.5+60x(0.01(x1+x2) = 100
x1+x2= 117.83 => (117.83/200)x100 = 58.93 per midterm
Quote:

second

About minor

It is not possible you had 75% before exam, the max you could have 64.4% before entering exam. Why are you lying to yourself? Another evidence that your are so ignorant and hope you are not one those engineers who don't know how to work with logarithms or finding area for triangle

Watoko likes this.
Old 01-20-2012 at 10:16 PM   #40
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegacy View Post
Goddamn people, just chill. No need to rant if the dude effed up. Whatever happened to the old adage of if you don't have anything to say, just shut the fukc up?
1) This is the internet
2) This is a forum on the internet
3) You clearly don't understand 1 and 2

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 01-21-2012 at 02:07 PM   #41
yoni

Liked: 87 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Differential View Post
It is not possible you had 75% before exam, the max you could have 64.4% before entering exam. Why are you lying to yourself? Another evidence that your are so ignorant and hope you are not one those engineers who don't know how to work with logarithms or finding area for triangle
probably meant that of the % that had passed, he had 75% of that. so 0.75 x 65 = 48.75 %

but i think perhaps more importantly is that this person realizes that business is 99% how you interact with people and communicate, the actual economics part of it means nothing if nobody wants to work or invest in you. so if you want business skills, why not do one of those entrepreneurial competitions or something. that'll probably look more impressive on a resume than 1 line of "minor in business"
Old 01-21-2012 at 03:53 PM   #42
mfattal
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoni View Post
probably meant that of the % that had passed, he had 75% of that. so 0.75 x 65 = 48.75 %

but i think perhaps more importantly is that this person realizes that business is 99% how you interact with people and communicate, the actual economics part of it means nothing if nobody wants to work or invest in you. so if you want business skills, why not do one of those entrepreneurial competitions or something. that'll probably look more impressive on a resume than 1 line of "minor in business"
Thanks for explaining the mark thing

Yes I am more interested in business skills

but I would rather have a minor then a competition, because I am already working on something

does mac offer entrepreneurship degree/ minor ? or thats probably more of a collage thing

Last edited by mfattal : 01-21-2012 at 04:04 PM.