Applying for Mary Keyes jaason87 Mary Keyes Forum 25 02-24-2010 03:10 PM
Mary Keyes '08 Chad Mary Keyes Forum 23 08-13-2008 02:39 PM
Mary Keyes '07 lorend Mary Keyes Forum 59 05-13-2008 11:08 AM

mary keyes?

Old 06-02-2011 at 11:23 AM   #1
rmc04

Liked: 0 Times

mary keyes?
does keyes have good parties? ive been reading people who live there mostly keep to themselves? now im scared that its not a very sociable res
Old 06-02-2011 at 11:29 AM   #2
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmc04 View Post
does keyes have good parties? ive been reading people who live there mostly keep to themselves? now im scared that its not a very sociable res
It's mostly an upper year residence. So they aren't restricted to partying in residence and already have their network of friends set-up and can party off-campus. But they do have parties there, but I wouldn't say as much as other residences.

Plus, you don't have to be limited to your residence. Make friends in your courses and crash their parties.
Old 06-02-2011 at 11:33 AM   #3
Willmountain
Master and Commander

Liked: 69 Times

Coming from a Keyes alum, I wouldn't go back in a million years. My floor was almost all upper years. There were only 12 first years on my floor. One group was a group of christians and the others were hardcore bros. Not my cup of tea.

The rooms are great, and everything about where your living is a 9/10. You won't get a much nicer setup on campus. But to me, it's not university if you live there. Doing it all over again, I would live in a double like most people.

The funny part is that it was my last choice hahaha oh well, I still made friends and had a good year.
Old 06-02-2011 at 11:36 AM   #4
rmc04

Liked: 0 Times

great, i would have that as my first choice. Should i switch it to bates then?
Old 06-02-2011 at 12:14 PM   #5
Willmountain
Master and Commander

Liked: 69 Times

I don't know... I heard Bates is alright, but my point is I personally would live in a double room like most students because I feel like it's a valuable experience that everyone needs to have. I wish I did, because in apartment style, you're taking a big risk when most people are upper years and you have your own kitchen and the rooms are so far apart.

Now, if they had a first-year floor or two in these buildings, then I'm sure things would be different, but there isn't. I suggested it at the end of first-year, but whatevers.

I enjoyed first year, but I feel like it could have been much more fulfilling in a dormitory.
Old 06-02-2011 at 10:24 PM   #6
Allana:)

Liked: 46 Times

Nothing went on in Mary Keyes last year, at least not on my floor. I could always hear a pin drop. It's not a very sociable res. I wouldn't recognize the other people on my floor.
Old 06-03-2011 at 12:16 AM   #7
particle
Elite Member

Liked: 30 Times

I was in Bates this past year and my floor (the basement) pretty much just had first years, or at least the people that showed up to those community meetings.

There would be parties, at least that was my impression since I never went to any. People who be signing people in at night and what not so it's probably true. There was one time a group asked me if I had orange juice, most likely for making drinks.