MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
First Blog as President-Elect mkozi MacInsiders Announcements 6 04-24-2010 03:30 PM
Mary Koziol & Vishal Tiwari: MSU Presidential Controversy? Purgatory99 Presidentials 2010 46 02-19-2010 06:52 PM
Mary Koziol Chad Presidentials 2010 99 02-04-2010 08:07 AM
President-Elect Barack Obama on American Jobs Chad Politics 0 11-14-2008 04:00 PM
SRA Meeting To Elect MSU VP's! Chad MacInsiders Announcements 2 04-06-2008 08:31 PM

Mary Koziol Is the New MSU President-Elect

Old 02-05-2010 at 06:18 PM   #15
Kareko

Liked: 8 Times
I look forward to the farmers market next year
congrats to Mary and her team!

Old 02-05-2010 at 06:25 PM   #16
Goce
Elite Member

Liked: 36 Times
Congratulations to Mary and her team.

Old 02-05-2010 at 08:02 PM   #17
arathbon
Elite Member

Liked: 307 Times
Congrats Mary! And also congrats to all the candidates who worked hard to engage the students. And most of all congrats to my fellow students who voted!

Old 02-05-2010 at 08:21 PM   #18
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kareko View Post
I look forward to the farmers market next year
congrats to Mary and her team!
Me too! And the express line at Union Market.

Old 02-05-2010 at 08:23 PM   #19
FireDragoonX
Elite Member

Liked: 142 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvand View Post
Most importantly, YOU caused the increased turnout. And for that, I applaud you.
thanks bro'
but I didn't vote.

and about the turnout, I bet the majority of voters are first years. they don't know any better, don't take it out on them.

ytpos likes this.

Old 02-05-2010 at 08:35 PM   #20
mike_302
Elite Member

Liked: 422 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JillfromChil View Post
What do you guys think caused the increased turnout? More advertising for candidates?
I think it's because a lot of smart people realized they needed to vote in order to make sure Casey didn't get in...

Old 02-05-2010 at 08:59 PM   #21
kangs6

Liked: 20 Times
So many spoiled ballets...maybe if people know what's considered a spoiled one or how they can avoid it either by circling/numbering more carefully, those votes won't go to waste.
=]

Maegs likes this.

Old 02-05-2010 at 09:05 PM   #22
stevennevets

that's a good point, we try to include as many ballots as we can that are 'spoiled' but still clear, and even then over 100 were spoiled. of course, some of those were deliberate and can't just be educated better.

Old 02-05-2010 at 09:26 PM   #23
Rossclot

Liked: 137 Times
I look forward to things getting worse. We dont need a farmers market or more music or more anything. We need to cut all the fat. We need less, not more. (dont interpret this as me being against mary or anyone)

I say we take the MSU by force, stage a coup, then abolish it. We need someone to represent and protect students' voices and their health, not something to make distractions so we dont see that McMaster is now a glorified vacation spot. This is no longer an institute of higher learning. We need to take our school back.

edit: Congrats to mary for winning : p forgot to include that!

bawb, DannyV, xxsumz like this.

Old 02-05-2010 at 09:29 PM   #24
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 470 Times
Wow that isn't at all what I expected but Congratulations to Mary!

Even though I've voiced my personal preference for either Ash or Kieran I did rank Mary 3rd and do feel comfortable having her as the leader of the MSU next year.

Out of curiosity when was the last time the MSU had a female President, if ever?

Although I didn't vote for her, and it is slightly superficial I do feel a little happy to hear we will have a female head of the student body next year. I'm not a feminist by any means but as a female I do have a little bit of a girl power streak in me that likes to see it.

Old 02-05-2010 at 09:33 PM   #25
temara.brown
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 352 Times
first female president since the 80s

michelle, Richa like this.

Old 02-05-2010 at 09:33 PM   #26
Goce
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sew12 View Post
Wow that isn't at all what I expected but Congratulations to Mary!

Even though I've voiced my personal preference for either Ash or Kieran I did rank Mary 3rd and do feel comfortable having her as the leader of the MSU next year.

Out of curiosity when was the last time the MSU had a female President, if ever?

Although I didn't vote for her, and it is slightly superficial I do feel a little happy to hear we will have a female head of the student body next year. I'm not a feminist by any means but as a female I do have a little bit of a girl power streak in me that likes to see it.
Voting based on race, ethnicity, or gender is stupid.

Old 02-05-2010 at 09:37 PM   #27
moops
Elite Member

Liked: 40 Times
Congrats to Mary and her campaign team! I'm looking forward to seeing what Mary and the MSU accomplishes next year.

Old 02-05-2010 at 09:42 PM   #28
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 470 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goce View Post
Voting based on race, ethnicity, or gender is stupid.
Thank you Captain Obvious!

Yes it is, which is why I noted that I didn't vote for Mary. Voting for her simply based on her gender would have been moronic and ignorant. I didn't like her platform best therefore I didn't vote for her, I voted for Ashkan, and Kieran first and second and Mary in 3rd.

I just also liked to see a female in the running b/c these elections are typically an all boys club, and it is also nice to see a female MSU President.

Also if I felt Mary were completely unqualified and didn't care for her platform at all I wouldn't be at all pleased to see her win, but I don't feel she's unqualified and don't think her platform was bad, she just wasn't my first choice.

Old 02-05-2010
JillfromChil
This message has been removed by a moderator. .

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search