MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
First Blog as President-Elect mkozi MacInsiders Announcements 6 04-24-2010 03:30 PM
Mary Koziol & Vishal Tiwari: MSU Presidential Controversy? Purgatory99 Presidentials 2010 46 02-19-2010 06:52 PM
Mary Koziol Chad Presidentials 2010 99 02-04-2010 08:07 AM
President-Elect Barack Obama on American Jobs Chad Politics 0 11-14-2008 04:00 PM
SRA Meeting To Elect MSU VP's! Chad MacInsiders Announcements 2 04-06-2008 08:31 PM

Mary Koziol Is the New MSU President-Elect

Old 02-05-2010 at 09:55 PM   #30
InYoutoGive

Liked: 41 Times
This seems like a bit of an upset victory... I'm just glad nobody's singing obnoxious songs in my lectures anymore. Hallelujah.

Congrats to Mary.

Kathy2, McIntyre, micadjems like this.

Old 02-05-2010 at 09:55 PM   #31
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Liked: 333 Times
I didnt feel the need to vote. Only cause, if you want things to change you gotta do it yourself. So with that said...hopefully in 4 years time, you'll see me running for presidency.

Old 02-05-2010 at 09:59 PM   #32
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 470 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InYoutoGive View Post
This seems like a bit of an upset victory... I'm just glad nobody's singing obnoxious songs in my lectures anymore. Hallelujah.

Congrats to Mary.
I don't know if its so much an upset or just that a lot of people severely underestimated Mary.

McIntyre likes this.

Old 02-05-2010 at 10:20 PM   #33
InYoutoGive

Liked: 41 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sew12 View Post
I don't know if its so much an upset or just that a lot of people severely underestimated Mary.
I just figured McMaster students would care more about, you know, real issues, rather than running a Farmer's Market on campus when Jackson Square is but 15 minutes away. And an express line at the Union Market?

I suppose I'm coming off as a little harsh, and I'm willing to give her a chance for sure, but the majority of people in the world have to walk for miles just to get clean drinking water... I'm reasonably sure a bunch of privileged yuppies can bear the burden of taking a short bus ride to a real Farmer's Market, or of having to listen to their iPod for a few minutes while a Union Market line clears up.

That being said, there are several aspects of her campaign I like, so again, we'll see what happens. Again, congratulations to Mary, and I hope you win me over.

PolSci_Mike, ytpos like this.

Old 02-05-2010 at 10:25 PM   #34
FireDragoonX
Elite Member

Liked: 142 Times
Quote:
I just figured McMaster students would care more about, you know, real issues, rather than running a Farmer's Market on campus when Jackson Square is but 15 minutes away. And an express line at the Union Market?
good start

Quote:
I suppose I'm coming off as a little harsh, and I'm willing to give her a chance for sure, but the majority of people in the world have to walk for miles just to get clean drinking water...
bad finish

DannyV says thanks to FireDragoonX for this post.

BlakeM, Gibson, kanthamd, Richa like this.

Old 02-05-2010 at 11:16 PM   #35
Purgatory99

Liked: Liked 4 Times
Quote:

I suppose I'm coming off as a little harsh, and I'm willing to give her a chance for sure, but the majority of people in the world have to walk for miles just to get clean drinking water... I'm reasonably sure a bunch of privileged yuppies can bear the burden of taking a short bus ride to a real Farmer's Market, or of having to listen to their iPod for a few minutes while a Union Market line clears up.

That being said, there are several aspects of her campaign I like, so again, we'll see what happens. Again, congratulations to Mary, and I hope you win me over.
Ditto sir!

Its the same someone from the Inside, the Maroons Exec supported by the rest of her exec and first year Maroon Keeners aka the MSU Insider circle electing another one of "their" people who are out of touch with what the students really want and need in this time of the age.

She probably wouldn't have won if Casey didn't make everyone hate him so much by playing Miley Cyrus and putting up offensive videos hence losing the insider circle vote.

The Hall Mark of the two Insiders (Casey and Mary) was ridiculous things that don't really affect the real purpose everyone is here for: Study.

Free OUA games, Free Snacks, Better Bands, Bus Shelters for one

For Mary it was the same and micro things that are typical of these MSU reps.

Farmers Market- What he said

Union Market express line: what? How is that even a presidential "platform point" I'm not sure where but someone pointed to her that they went and talked to the UM manager who said it has been tried before and has failed

Bike Racks: facility services apparently Already working on it, we don't need another person to go in there and say omg we need more bike racks

Communications director: MSU already has a PR assistant according to her. All SRA and BOD people are also supposed to communicate, why throw away more money?

Craigslist: Already there in other forms, someone pointed out on her thread that MSU service provider incapable of programming one. Awesome.

Apathy week: already exists in other forms, or services already have tables throughout the year, no one gives a shit

Tl;Dr: She might get "some" of these done but that's just a cop out. So we pay someone $600 a week to get us farmers markets, where's the accountability? There is so much going on with budget cuts and program closures...

I have really high hopes for the future of MSU next year, Well done McMaster students

BlakeM, DannyV, mumbojumbo all say thanks to Purgatory99 for this post.

Old 02-05-2010 at 11:20 PM   #36
bodiddy

Liked: Liked 3 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxsumz View Post
I didnt feel the need to vote. Only cause, if you want things to change you gotta do it yourself. So with that said...hopefully in 4 years time, you'll see me running for presidency.
Thank you for giving me every reason not to vote for someone like you. Who in their right mind would elect someone that does not participate in the system because he/she believes voting does not create change.

Good job buddy, I see your university education is already kicking in...

Cristina_n13, Maegs, Richa like this.

Old 02-05-2010 at 11:23 PM   #37
Tleilaxu

Liked: 10 Times
Congratulations to Mary Koziol and the campaign team.

We all look forward to seeing how you will improve the MSU next year.

Old 02-05-2010 at 11:35 PM   #38
FireDragoonX
Elite Member

Liked: 142 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodiddy View Post
Who in their right mind would elect someone that does not participate in the system because he/she believes voting does not create change.

Good job buddy, I see your university education is already kicking in...
he did not say he believes voting does not create change. just sayin'

Old 02-05-2010 at 11:47 PM   #39
LeannaT

Liked: 7 Times
Congratulations Mary! You should be so proud, what a classy campaign you lead (and an amazing website too!) I'm excited to see your plans in action, and I am really happy that a woman is MSU prez this time! WOOO MARY! This is so exciting! All the best!!!!
-Leanna Tallmeister

Last edited by LeannaT : 02-06-2010 at 01:38 AM.

Old 02-05-2010 at 11:48 PM   #40
tbiris

Liked: 1 Time
Wow, I definitely didn't expect this. Although I'm slightly happy Park didn't get it. I do hope Mary works with Alkerton's mailing system change though, considering how the director is willing to do it if the MSU president also backs it up.

Old 02-06-2010 at 12:02 AM   #41
huzaifa47
MSU VP Education 2012-2013
MSU Staff

Liked: 360 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbiris View Post
I do hope Mary works with Alkerton's mailing system change though, considering how the director is willing to do it if the MSU president also backs it up.
I hope so as well. That Google Apps initiative was actually a section of my large scale research into the School's IT infrastructure for the SRA Operations Committee. And since I was the only individual who has met with the CIO pertaining to these issues I can say without revealing too much off the record info that he is "very" open to these ideas.

To get that however it will require the current BOD to get the ball rolling and for Mary to get in at May and start pushing the administration(regist rar) hard for funding and access. If that doesn't happen or if there isn't proactive action taken then we will only be able to get it by September 2011 and not September 2010(Since this can only happen in the summer).

She did seem rather skeptical of it during campaign period. But time will tell whether she wants to add this to her year plan.

MSU Vice President Education '12/13

Old 02-06-2010 at 01:37 AM   #42
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times
I voted, and not what I expected. But congratulations to her none the less. Awesome that it's a female too. :] Hopefully she can make some good changes and actually do something in her time, and pass on some good ideas to future candidates.

Old 02-06-2010 at 04:32 AM   #43
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times
Express line at union market is still the stupidest idea ever.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

mumbojumbo likes this.

Old 02-06-2010 at 08:04 AM   #44
Kareko

Liked: 8 Times
Quote:
rather than running a Farmer's Market on campus when Jackson Square is but 15 minutes away
I agree really but at least it's visably doable and should benefit the first years (who are the least likely to get out of the bubble to find good food sadly).

and the more people pushing for bike racks the better, mid day durring the warmer months is terribly full in some locations.

dont care really about the union market line or the craiglist aspect but I would like to echo the hope that she will incorporate some of the plans to improve registration for next year.

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search