MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mary Koziol Is the New MSU President-Elect temara.brown MacInsiders Announcements 117 03-08-2010 11:59 PM
Calling out Vishal Tiwari FireDragoonX General Discussion 41 02-09-2010 12:53 PM
Mary Koziol Chad Presidentials 2010 99 02-04-2010 08:07 AM
Israeli Apartheid Controversy Chad Misc 0 02-29-2008 10:41 AM

Mary Koziol & Vishal Tiwari: MSU Presidential Controversy?

Old 02-17-2010 at 12:47 AM   #31
emtee10
Mac Lifer

Liked: 49 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosh View Post
thanks for the full post ! I was just wondering if you or anyone else here could enlighten me on the part about the " incident at 1280 on December 21st " which was"..very volatile and embarrassing event.." and that Vishal "passed over and attempted to attack a fellow member of the SRA" .

Im just curious about this , Macinsiders is really getting a larger audience watching the MSU
Check out pages 5-6 of the SRA 09M minutes.

Nosh says thanks to emtee10 for this post.
Old 02-17-2010 at 01:01 AM   #32
Souldier
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 256 Times

Wow, so Vishal got into a yelling match with students and damaged school property? Is this a complete joke? I don't know if that's the funniest or most embarrassing thing I have ever heard. How is he still allowed to stay in office after a stunt like that? Anyone who does something like that is probably amongst the most immature people at McMaster, that is unacceptable to say the least, the fact a buffoon like that could get elected into office makes me disgusted.

As if it wasn't already clear he was the absolute WORST president McMaster has ever seen, this is just icing on the cake. I'm in shock. I'm even more in shock at the fact there are people on macinsiders who defend this pathetic excuse for a president.
Old 02-17-2010 at 01:14 AM   #33
Nosh

Liked: 17 Times

Worst MSU president might be harsh , the only one ive heard good about from more than just their friends is Ryan Moran. I'm surprised this isnt all over like at least I thought MacInsiders and The sill would have gone crazy on this , or it will be next week's story. Still surprised this wasn't turned into a huge smear campaign albeit he's not running for anything.
Old 02-17-2010 at 01:36 AM   #34
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souldier View Post
Wow, so Vishal got into a yelling match with students and damaged school property? Is this a complete joke? I don't know if that's the funniest or most embarrassing thing I have ever heard. How is he still allowed to stay in office after a stunt like that? Anyone who does something like that is probably amongst the most immature people at McMaster, that is unacceptable to say the least, the fact a buffoon like that could get elected into office makes me disgusted.

As if it wasn't already clear he was the absolute WORST president McMaster has ever seen, this is just icing on the cake. I'm in shock. I'm even more in shock at the fact there are people on macinsiders who defend this pathetic excuse for a president.

You do know we live in a country that once had a PM that choked a protester, and was then re-elected to majority governments twice, and later appointed the Order of Canada and Order of Merit, right? Pretty sure a yelling match and a broken shredding box is far lower on the scale.

People have tempers. At least he had the decency to break shit rather than attack someone (at least according to the statement in the SRA minutes; I don't know any other side to the story). You can't expect any person in any position to be perfect at all times. As long as it's not a regular occurrence, it shouldn't be an issue. A single incident doesn't define a person.
Old 02-17-2010 at 01:47 AM   #35
Souldier
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 256 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeves View Post

You do know we live in a country that once had a PM that choked a protester, and was then re-elected to majority governments twice, and later appointed the Order of Canada and Order of Merit, right? Pretty sure a yelling match and a broken shredding box is far lower on the scale.

People have tempers. At least he had the decency to break shit rather than attack someone (at least according to the statement in the SRA minutes; I don't know any other side to the story). You can't expect any person in any position to be perfect at all times. As long as it's not a regular occurrence, it shouldn't be an issue. A single incident doesn't define a person.
Umm, your PM example is kind of irrelevant. I'm sure that no MSU president in the past has done such an immature act as to yell at students and damage property.

People may have tempers, but not everybody resorts to throwing tempter tantrums. Maybe you do though, considering what you did to that poor pizza delivery guy I wouldn't be surprised. I can't remember the last time I threw a temper tantrum, probably over a decade ago when I was a child. I've matured since then and I've learnt how to keep composure during frustrating situations. It really tells you a lot about a man's character by how he deals with adversity. Clearly Vishal's character is that he's childish and completely unprofessional.

The MSU president should at all times have in the back of his mind that he's the MSU president and is representing all students, if he had done that, his tantrum would have never occurred. Although I can definitely see how he forgot he was the MSU president considering it's not like he's done anything significant for McMaster during his term.
Old 02-17-2010 at 02:35 AM   #36
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souldier View Post
Umm, your PM example is kind of irrelevant. I'm sure that no MSU president in the past has done such an immature act as to yell at students and damage property.

People may have tempers, but not everybody resorts to throwing tempter tantrums. Maybe you do though, considering what you did to that poor pizza delivery guy I wouldn't be surprised. I can't remember the last time I threw a temper tantrum, probably over a decade ago when I was a child. I've matured since then and I've learnt how to keep composure during frustrating situations. It really tells you a lot about a man's character by how he deals with adversity. Clearly Vishal's character is that he's childish and completely unprofessional.

The MSU president should at all times have in the back of his mind that he's the MSU president and is representing all students, if he had done that, his tantrum would have never occurred. Although I can definitely see how he forgot he was the MSU president considering it's not like he's done anything significant for McMaster during his term.
The PM example is not irrelevant. If you want to talk irrelevant, let's talk about the pizza guy thing from another thread that you dragged in here. I'm talking about a man who had spent his life in politics, and already held his position for several years, and attacked a protester. If after a lifetime in politics and 3+ years of being PM, a 62 year old man can let his emotions get the best of him, then surely after 6 or 7 months, the 20-something MSU president can have a lapse in judgement as well. Both are personal mistakes made while in office. Not saying I want it to happen. Just that people aren't perfect. They make mistakes, regardless of their positions. Hell, this thread is about the possible wrongdoings of the President-elect. I won't comment on that, since I don't know the by-laws surrounding it, but the argument is based on a person in a certain position, doing something they should not have been doing. Just like Vishal and Chretien.

Im sure you've done at least 1 stupid thing in your life. Everyone has. Does that event summarize you as a person? Apparently you think I'm a "terrible human being" (IIRC the words you used in the other thread) because of a single incident 5 or 6 years ago. I can definitely see how you've "matured since then and I've learnt how to keep composure during frustrating situations". A single incident makes their actions, at that time, "completely unprofessional", not the person as a whole.
Old 02-17-2010 at 03:28 AM   #37
Nino
Insider Agent (IA)

Liked: 91 Times

It's pretty obvious that Souldier is just holding some kind of grudge against Vishal. Just looking at the posts Souldier made, it looks like he has a personal dislike for Vishal for some reason.
Old 02-17-2010 at 10:53 AM   #38
McIntyre

Liked: 173 Times

Again, not defending Mr. Tiwari's actions that night, but I think something needs to be said. As Reeves pointed out, not everyone is perfect, and that isn't a justification but sometimes things happen. I think how people deal with their mistakes tells you a lot about their character.

Vishal made a public apology to the SRA at the next meeting (with the Silhouette there so they are aware) and has personally paid for everything he damaged. This incident was out of character for Vishal, but again that does happen. I am happy with how he dealt with it after, personally.
Old 02-17-2010 at 12:15 PM   #39
andrew22
Account Locked

Liked: 238 Times

Vishal sounds like a ****ing tool lolol.

"In an effort to control the situation, I took the advice of my fellow colleagues and walked away."

-aka, its not worth it bro LOL.

then throws a tempertantrum and breaks some things? what a ****ing baby and a clown.

"I can only hope that we as a representative body will see this event as I do; my overzealous defence of an MSU service." - vishal

then he tries to turn it around like somehow it is a good thing he is a ʞɔnɟ up. lol

but i dont think it is all that big of a deal, at least he has some character : )

Last edited by andrew22 : 02-17-2010 at 01:09 PM.
Old 02-17-2010 at 02:21 PM   #40
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by emtee10 View Post
Check out pages 5-6 of the SRA 09M minutes.
Why don't more students know about this?

What MSU service was the person's comment about?
Old 02-17-2010 at 02:38 PM   #41
huzaifa47
MSU VP Education 2012-2013

Liked: 360 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy2 View Post
Why don't more students know about this?

What MSU service was the person's comment about?
1280 and their *Part time Bouncers* (After Rohan's clarification)

MSU Vice President Education '12/13

Last edited by huzaifa47 : 02-17-2010 at 04:43 PM. Reason: Update
Old 02-17-2010 at 03:38 PM   #42
deadpool
X-Man

Liked: 392 Times

Untrue.

1280 and their bouncer staff.. as usual.
Old 02-18-2010 at 01:19 PM   #43
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Why would he get so upset about someone bad mouthing 1280?
Was he drunk or something? I'm confused..
Old 02-18-2010 at 02:41 PM   #44
deadpool
X-Man

Liked: 392 Times

I'm going to let someone else deal with this who knows the situation better. I wasn't there for the actual confrontation event SO I cannot say for certain what exactly happened. However, I'm pretty sure there is another MacInsiders member who can fill us in. And I don't mean Huzaifa since he was not there so don't listen to him.

..ever..

hahaa.

kanthamd likes this.
Old 02-18-2010 at 11:17 PM   #45
Rossclot

Liked: 137 Times

Stage

a

coup

nuf said