MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Does anybody know how to use the undergraduate master timetable ? m0nica First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 06-29-2010 11:40 PM
Master Course Timetable down?? DMe3 Academics 2 06-26-2010 09:31 AM
Master Timetable - Released! blackdragon MacInsiders Announcements 37 06-16-2010 03:51 PM
Master Timetable Down?? hellohello Academics 16 06-15-2010 11:11 AM
U of T master timetable??!! queenie Academics 8 03-29-2010 10:54 PM

Master Course Timetable Available!

Old 06-10-2008 at 08:43 PM   #31
ferreinm
Elite Member

Liked: 120 Times

Haha, funny! Actually, I already chose which days my tutorials are. It was there on the timetable, I was surprised.
Old 06-10-2008 at 08:44 PM   #32
ferreinm
Elite Member

Liked: 120 Times

They'll always have enough tutorials. For one of my classes there were I think 15 TAs and most had two courses so around 30 tutorials available. trust me it'll fit into your schedule.. you just may not like when the tutorial is
Old 06-10-2008 at 08:50 PM   #33
JBeans

Liked: 14 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iman View Post
I'm a bit worried about that bit where tutorials might not be scheduled until a few classes in...what if all those scheduled tutorials are in conflict with existing classes and the tutorials have material that count toward my mark?!

Just to vent a bit, but I went and made up my schedule so everything fits nicely...and then I find out that my materials course has yet to schedule tutorials and my math courses apparently have 2h labs EOW that also aren't scheduled yet! Unless the undergrad calendar is lying to me. ):
If they run matls the same as they have in the past, you'll have only a couple tutorials throughout all of the term and it will be held at night. It won't appear on your timetable.
The math courses have just been changed this year, so they might still be figuring things out. Up until last year it was 2 calc courses and an algebra course, all without labs. So the labs might take them a bit to figure out what they plan to do.
Hope that helps.
Old 06-10-2008 at 09:13 PM   #34
Iman

Liked: 5 Times

Oh, that's a relief, about the matls tutorials... One less thing to try and fit into the schedule! Hopefully when they figure out the labs, they'll conveniently fall in my empty spots... Thanks so much!
Old 06-10-2008 at 09:48 PM   #35
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,731 Times

McMaster Master Course Timetable is now up and running, checked it a minute ago. Always good to go on it in the evening as it's working best then!
Old 06-21-2008 at 12:26 PM   #36
katie_batt

Liked: 9 Times

Someone mentioned somewhere else on macinsiders (I think it might have been Chad) that they think its good to keep as many of your classes together on your timetable as you can, so you go right from one class to the next. I was wondering, if you choose back to back courses like that, will you have enough time to classÉ for example, if I have a class from 11:30-12:20, will I be able to make it to my next class, which is at 12:30? It seems like a really tight time frame.
Old 06-21-2008 at 12:35 PM   #37
lampk

Liked: 0 Times

yup, it's a good idea, and my entire schedule is like this. on some days I've got 3 or 4 classes back to back.
my latest class, which are labs, ends at 4:30 ish.

from what i've heard katie, it's more than enough time.

the campus is relatively small compared to other universities, and i have a friend going to Western (which is much bigger than mcmaster), and they only have 10 minutes between classes as well.
Old 06-21-2008 at 12:42 PM   #38
katie_batt

Liked: 9 Times

lol I'm used to my high school where we have 10 minutes between classes, classes are like maybe 30m away from each other, and I'm STILL late most of the time! haha, I guess I dont exactly rush myself though. Thanks for the prompt response!
Old 06-21-2008 at 01:47 PM   #39
erika

I was just looking at my physics class timetable, physics 1D03, and they have labs EOW and tutorials EOW. Does anyone know if labs and tutorials in the same course generally work out so you can book them into the same time slots? Or should i take them at seperate times? Im not sure if SOLAR would even let me book them together anyways...
Old 06-21-2008 at 02:11 PM   #40
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

one week you would have lab, and the opposite tutorial. so you always have something scheduled during that time, but the classes are designed so they don't conflict

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 06-22-2008 at 02:35 PM   #41
goleafsgo13

Liked: 1 Time

if im in second year.....and i choose a program tmrw can i go back tuesday and change it if i decide to change my mind lol
Old 06-22-2008 at 03:35 PM   #42
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

No. It's a one-shot deal. You will be in the program you chose until the following year.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 06-22-2008 at 05:02 PM   #43
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,731 Times

Katie, 10 minutes is enough time to walk briskly across the whole campus from one side to the other. However, that's walking briskly. Most of the time your classes will be situated in a quad of campus with buildings near each other (ie. Arts Quad, Engineering, etc). But sometimes you may have a class that is in TSH for example, and your next one is in MDCL. If this is the case, you'll just have to remember that you have to leave right when class ends and start walking to your next class instead of hanging around waiting to talk to the prof or chatting with your friends. But yes, having classes back to back makes it so you can get them over with and then have the rest of the day to do your own thing. If you have long breaks inbetween classes you may, as I've experienced, tend to waste it and not use it very wisely since you know once you get into the swing of things you'll have to go to the next class. We have an article coming up about what you can do between classes soon... stay tooned for it
Old 06-22-2008 at 11:28 PM   #44
Sarah13

Liked: 11 Times

erika,
For courses like that, SOLAR won't let you separate the tutorial and lab. For example, if you're in L02, then you will also automatically be in T02, with the labs and tutorials alternating every week.
Old 08-07-2008 at 02:46 PM   #45
kirbyking

Hi, i check my timetable today and my bio lab and tutorial are both on the same day and at the same time (Biology 1A03 T15 and L15), but they are both EOW.
does this mean i have a conflict?
thanks.