MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Classics 2K03 kokosas 2nd Year Course Reviews 10 12-18-2014 11:08 AM
Econ 2K03 hollie012 Academics 0 06-03-2010 09:10 PM
Econ 2K03 noghi First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 0 12-27-2009 02:09 PM
MATH 2K03 - Financial Mathematics troth Academics 7 08-19-2009 07:42 PM

math 2k03

Old 06-07-2010 at 02:58 PM   #1
canuster

Liked: 1 Time

math 2k03
hey I was wondering if anyone has taken this course. If so, can you provide some feedback? (difficulty etc)

Thanks,
Old 06-07-2010 at 03:53 PM   #2
sunnyk

Liked: 0 Times

math2k
it's not that easy......regardless of what ppl tell you...
it also depends on who your prof is....
If you have Lozinski, it will become easy to learn.
I found math 2x03 and 2xx3 more interesting then 2k03
Old 06-07-2010 at 03:55 PM   #3
Melanieee
Cla$$y Lady

Liked: 103 Times

im taking it in the fall, and i wanted lozinski but i dont think hes teaching.. so well see how it goes.
also i heard that the prof for 2x03 this year, bronsard i think, is gonna be brutal :(
Old 06-07-2010 at 04:40 PM   #4
sunnyk

Liked: 0 Times

yeah i had bronsard for MATH 3F03
She was a really hard marker....
Her tests are not so hard, but her marking was brutal beyond belief.
I got a low grade despite the fact I thought I did well on the final.

You should take Math 2K03 regardless if you are interested in the subject matter.
It can be a bit boring, but just keep in mind it's not that easy.
If you need some old tests, old assignments, notes etc... for math 2k03 or any other math course you may be taking, send me a private message and we can discuss. I graduated from honours math in november 2009....and have taken tonnes of math/stats courses
Old 06-07-2010 at 04:44 PM   #5
Melanieee
Cla$$y Lady

Liked: 103 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyk View Post
yeah i had bronsard for MATH 3F03
She was a really hard marker....
Her tests are not so hard, but her marking was brutal beyond belief.
I got a low grade despite the fact I thought I did well on the final.

You should take Math 2K03 regardless if you are interested in the subject matter.
It can be a bit boring, but just keep in mind it's not that easy.
If you need some old tests, old assignments, notes etc... for math 2k03 or any other math course you may be taking, send me a private message and we can discuss. I graduated from honours math in november 2009....and have taken tonnes of math/stats courses
wow thats sweet! im terrified, im in the math program but the courses are starting to sound more and more intimidating! i would love to get old tests and stuff from u, or are you offering to the thread poster
Old 06-07-2010 at 08:42 PM   #6
canuster

Liked: 1 Time

thanks for the quick reply sunny. I'm taking a few maths to add to my minor, thanks for offering a hand. I was wondering what the course breakdown was, if you recall it, do you mind sharing?

Thanks again
Old 06-22-2010 at 10:55 AM   #7
Mowicz
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

People generally consider Financial Mathematics (at least at lower levels...it gets pretty intense at higher levels) an 'easier' stream of math (when contrasted with say, Linear Algebra, 2R03/2S03).

While I won't comment on how hard or easy a specific stream of math is (it varies from person to person anyway), I know that I personally found the content a bit dry and a little too easy to keep my interest and ultimately dropped the course. There isn't much difficulty 'visualizing' or 'interpreting' the material, it all makes sense and is rather practical...and since I'm a 'pure math' kinda guy whose interests lie in the abstract, this wasn't the best choice for me.
Old 07-26-2010 at 10:51 AM   #8
Mahratta
Elite Member

Liked: 366 Times

Mowicz, what did you think of linear algebra 2R03? I'm a bit confused over what will be covered where, for example, Jacobian matrices - would that be in 2X03 or 2R03?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanieee View Post
im taking it in the fall, and i wanted lozinski but i dont think hes teaching.. so well see how it goes.
also i heard that the prof for 2x03 this year, bronsard i think, is gonna be brutal :(
I'm taking 2X with Bronsard too (I think it's the only core)

I heard her marking is ridiculously tough as well. Guess we'll just have to grit our teeth and bear it.

Last edited by Mahratta : 07-26-2010 at 02:26 PM.