MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
Math & Stats mellye First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 04-06-2009 07:30 PM
Math and Stats Biee Academics 5 06-03-2008 10:02 PM

Math and Stats Society Presents: Math Wars!

Are you in first or second year? Are you looking to win some money? Do you enjoy math and some healthy competition? Do you want free pizza? If you answered yes to any of these questions (and even if you answered no :p), be sure to come out to Math Wars. This year, Math Wars is promising to be better than ever!! Details are below:

What: Math Wars, a game show style math competition
When: Tuesday, February 2 at 7 p.m.
Where: HH
Who: Everyone is welcome to be in the audience. Competing teams should include 1-3 first or second year students
Why: Cash prizes, free pizza, audience goodie bags, and most importantly a good time!

For more information, please visit the Math and Stats Society webpage.
Published by
Elite Member

Article Tools

Deleted Post
Old 01-28-2010 at 05:02 PM   #2
Mahratta
Elite Member

Liked: 366 Times
Mowicz should form his own team.

Old 01-28-2010 at 09:22 PM   #3
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Liked: 333 Times
This conflicts with dam materials 1m03 test.

Old 01-28-2010 at 09:46 PM   #4
Mowicz
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahratta View Post
Mowicz should form his own team.
lol I wish. Math Wars started when I was in third year ): (You have to be in first or second).

I usually sit in the audience and answer questions to myself. It's good times. (:

Old 01-28-2010 at 10:17 PM   #5
lmasud

Liked: 33 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxsumz View Post
This conflicts with dam materials 1m03 test.
I know man...damn midterm

Old 01-29-2010 at 11:36 PM   #6
Mahratta
Elite Member

Liked: 366 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowicz View Post
lol I wish. Math Wars started when I was in third year ): (You have to be in first or second).

I usually sit in the audience and answer questions to myself. It's good times. (:
What are the questions like? Problem solving?

Old 01-30-2010 at 09:46 AM   #7
mikefung

Liked: 11 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmasud View Post
I know man...damn midterm
Last year, they are in conflict of 1st year Math test. And now i can't team up with my 1st friend :(

Old 01-31-2010 at 02:19 AM   #8
Mowicz
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahratta View Post
What are the questions like? Problem solving?
Some of the problems are riddles (ie. "A bottle of wine is corked. How do you get the wine out without breaking the bottle, or pulling out the cork?"), some are arithmetic/combinatorial (ie. "if 12 people are in a room, and each person shakes hands with everyone else exactly once, how many handshakes occured?"), and others are just first year math questions (ie. "find this limit" "evaluate this definite integral" "compute the determinant").

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search