MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Brandon Hall 2012! GurtegS Brandon Hall Forum 35 04-01-2013 04:58 PM
Moulton Hall 2012 ct5892 Moulton Hall Forum 60 08-24-2012 03:01 PM
Matthews Hall 2010: Introduce yourself! amitoj Matthews Hall Forum 29 04-12-2012 04:15 PM
Matthews Hall '09 Chad Matthews Hall Forum 28 09-04-2009 10:27 AM
Matthews Hall '07 lorend Matthews Hall Forum 25 09-02-2007 01:15 PM

Matthews Hall 2012!

Old 06-30-2012 at 10:51 PM   #16
Watoko
Elite Member

Liked: 126 Times

This was my last choice of rez as well, but my floor turned out to be great probably because we get all the sunlight

Although, the downside is going up and down the stairs....everyday... .
Old 07-01-2012 at 08:23 AM   #17
cjdzl
G0DFATHER

Liked: 229 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by beccaalmeida View Post
Ok , so I made the Field Hockey team as a goalie, and my goalie bag..... well....
We'll just say there is absolutely no room in my room for my bag.
Is there like storage rooms or something like that?
actually there is a storage room in basement next to the study rooms where people left their hockey bags and stuff. The door is always locked and I don't know how your given access to it so I suggest you talk to your CA about it when you move in
Old 07-01-2012 at 11:11 AM   #18
Sara1234

Liked: 4 Times

It says Matthews is adjacent to Cootes Paradise does that mean its beside the forest ?
Old 07-02-2012 at 11:47 AM   #19
eh_v

Liked: 0 Times

Is it co-ed by rooms or is one section guys and then another section girls? Is there always a quiet area in this dorm and would I know from my assignment whether or not I'd been put there? How can I tell which tower I am in?
Old 07-02-2012 at 04:03 PM   #20
gkjagdev

Liked: 3 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watoko View Post
This was my last choice of rez as well, but my floor turned out to be great probably because we get all the sunlight

Although, the downside is going up and down the stairs....everyday... .
..There aren't any elevators? Great! Moving day will be a blast -__-"
Old 07-02-2012 at 05:16 PM   #21
Milk.Tea

Liked: 21 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by eh_v View Post
Is it co-ed by rooms or is one section guys and then another section girls? Is there always a quiet area in this dorm and would I know from my assignment whether or not I'd been put there? How can I tell which tower I am in?
Co-ed by sections. The rooms are ordered by Male, female, male, female. So your neighbours will most likely be of the opposite sex.
And I'm sure the res portal tells you which floor and tower you are on. So if it states 3C, you're on the third floor, center tower.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkjagdev View Post
..There aren't any elevators? Great! Moving day will be a blast -__-"
haha, moving day is a breeze because the reps bring up your stuff.

eh_v, gkjagdev all say thanks to Milk.Tea for this post.
Old 07-02-2012 at 06:26 PM   #22
eh_v

Thanks for the response Milk.Tea. Res portal said I was in a double, gave me a 3 digit room number (no C or N, etc. indicating which tower) and a bed assignment. Were other people told their tower? Also does anyone know about the quiet floor or section? I didn't request it ...would I be notified if I was assigned there?
Old 07-02-2012 at 09:08 PM   #23
Milk.Tea

Quote:
Originally Posted by eh_v View Post
Thanks for the response Milk.Tea. Res portal said I was in a double, gave me a 3 digit room number (no C or N, etc. indicating which tower) and a bed assignment. Were other people told their tower? Also does anyone know about the quiet floor or section? I didn't request it ...would I be notified if I was assigned there?
hmm.... maybe it's been changed.
From what I remember, the last two digits will dictate which tower. 40-30 will indicate North. 30/20-10 will be center. And 10-0 will be east.
This is roughly what I remember, and an approximate location of towers.

The quiet section should be center or east. Probably East tower. North tower is the health and wellness one, and the best tower (I'm biased though, because I lived in north).
Old 07-03-2012 at 08:20 AM   #24
gkjagdev

Liked: 3 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk.Tea View Post
haha, moving day is a breeze because the reps bring up your stuff.
Woohoo that's great Thanks for the quick reply!
Old 07-03-2012 at 08:35 AM   #25
JBeans

Liked: 14 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjdzl View Post
actually there is a storage room in basement next to the study rooms where people left their hockey bags and stuff. The door is always locked and I don't know how your given access to it so I suggest you talk to your CA about it when you move in
You get a key from the service centre in Keyes (or at least that's where I went several years ago!). It also has bikes racks so your bike doesn't have to be left outside.
Old 08-10-2012 at 09:42 PM   #26
hillary13
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 23 Times

I'm staying in matthews hall and got apartment style with 2 others
Old 08-13-2012 at 08:22 AM   #27
eh_v

Laundry -Do the washing machines in Matthew's take regular or "he" detergent?

I moved this to a new thread.

Last edited by eh_v : 08-13-2012 at 01:16 PM.
Old 08-19-2012 at 11:49 PM   #28
Milk.Tea

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillary13 View Post
I'm staying in matthews hall and got apartment style with 2 others
OMG YOU GOT MY OLD ROOM I have pictures, so if you message me, I'll show them to you