MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Posters on Campus resh.jyoti General Discussion 3 09-09-2010 04:03 PM
National Aboriginal Day – June 21st Lois MacInsiders Announcements 0 06-19-2010 07:49 AM
Top Posters for May 2010 Chad MacInsiders Announcements 16 06-08-2010 10:40 AM
RS 2YY3E The Bible and Film Lecture Notes Janruary 21st, 2010 Steph Butter Academics 6 01-23-2010 08:11 PM
Free Wings at Kelsey's: January 21st DavidR MacInsiders Announcements 7 01-21-2010 08:58 PM

May 21st Judgement Day Posters

Old 04-25-2011 at 03:03 PM   #1
ShouldBeStudying
Elite Member

Liked: 357 Times

May 21st Judgement Day Posters
Has anybody seen these weird posters claiming that the end of the world is on May 21st, 2011 on the TTC subway? I noticed it on the way home today after writing my last exam...one of the headlines on the poster was "The Bible Claims it".

They look like this but in poster format.

I'm just shocked at how the TTC allowed these ridiculous conspiracy posters to be in the subway...not to mention religious...what's even more disturbing is that they had the money to do so...
Old 04-25-2011 at 03:14 PM   #2
sjager

Liked: 59 Times

That's the most wrong religious statement I've ever seen.

Bible says that "Judgment Day" (as they refer to it) comes without warning. We will *never* know when it happens. Surprisingly they try to refer to this very verse as proof? Wtf lol idiocy.

x_x

Reference: 1 Thes. 5:2

Last edited by sjager : 04-25-2011 at 03:18 PM. Reason: Bible Reference

traveler10 likes this.
Old 04-25-2011 at 03:16 PM   #3
Cliu91
Taylor Gang Lifestyle

Liked: 325 Times

Fear mongers.
Old 04-25-2011 at 03:26 PM   #4
3am Coffee

Liked: 155 Times

Some people think they're always right, others are quiet and uptight. Others, they seem so very nice, nice, nice, nice, oh. Inside they might feel sad and wrong, oh no. Twenty-nine different attributes, only seven that you like, oh. Twenty ways to see the world, oh. Twenty ways to start a fight, oh. Oh don't, don't, don't get up, I can't see the sunshine. I'll be waiting for you, baby, 'cause I'm through, Sit me down, shut me up....I'll calm down and I'll get along with you.

Oh, men don't notice what they got, women think of that a lot. One thousand ways to please your man, oh. Not even one requires a plan, I know. Countless odd religions too. It doesn't matter which you choose, oh no. One stubborn way to turn your back, oh. This I've tried and now refuse.
Old 04-25-2011 at 03:29 PM   #5
dkdk

Liked: 11 Times

They got it wrong. Judgement Day was on APRIL 21st, 2011, two days after Skynet became self aware. Silly Christians.

http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com /2011/...-judgment-day/

Kathy2, _Luu_ like this.
Old 04-25-2011 at 03:32 PM   #6
sjager

Liked: 59 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkdk View Post
They got it wrong. Judgement Day was on APRIL 21st, 2011, two days after Skynet became self aware. Silly Christians.

Don't lump Christians into one singular group. There are millions of Christians who will never ever ever believe that Judgment Day will happen on a particular date.

traveler10 likes this.
Old 04-25-2011 at 03:38 PM   #7
ShouldBeStudying
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjager View Post
That's the most wrong religious statement I've ever seen.

Bible says that "Judgment Day" (as they refer to it) comes without warning. We will *never* know when it happens. Surprisingly they try to refer to this very verse as proof? Wtf lol idiocy.

x_x

Reference: 1 Thes. 5:2
Whatever, let's not fight irrational thinking with more irrational thinking.

Old 04-25-2011 at 03:40 PM   #8
Entropy
Splice onto Arcane

Liked: 974 Times

...I'm hoping this is a viral marketing campaign for this summer's surprise blockbuster. There's no way this can be serious.

Really, check out some of the stuff from the website:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Family Radio
FACTS about May 21, 2011

AT THIS TIME IN HISTORY THERE IS NO VALID, BIBLICAL EVIDENCE OR AUTHORITY WHICH INDICATES THAT WE CANNOT KNOW THE PRECISE DAY OF JUDGMENT. THE GREAT AMOUNT OF BIBLICAL SIGNS AND PROOFS ABSOLUTELY GUARANTEE THAT JUDGMENT DAY WILL BEGIN ON MAY 21st THIS YEAR.
Quote:
How can Family Radio be so bold as to declare a date for Christ's return?

Given the overwhelming biblical evidence, the Family Stations, Inc. Board of Directors made a determination to dedicate all available resources to proclaim the warning of May 21, 2011. God has prepared Family Radio for this important time in history. Given the population of the world, radio and the internet are the perfect vehicles to deliver this warning.
Quote:
What proof is there for the date of May 21, 2011?

The date May 21, 2011 was derived solely from evidence found in the Bible. Mr. Camping saw God had placed, in Scripture, many important signs and proofs. These proofs alert believers that May 21st of 2011 is the date Christ will return for His people and begin a period of the final destruction of the world.
Quote:
What signs precede the Day of Judgment?

Jesus warned of several spiritual signs, such as the complete degradation of the Christian church, the devastating moral breakdown of society, the re-establishment of National Israel in1948, the emergence of the 'Gay Pride Movement', and the complete disregard of the Bible in all of society today as direct evidence of His return.
Quote:
Why Billboards?

Billboards have proven to be very effective. They are being placed in many U.S., Canadian and foreign cities, not only by Family Radio, but other organizations and individuals as well. Presently there are over 2000 billboards, posters, and bus posters throughout the world, with many going up weekly. The billboard messages are simple, and designed to clearly communicate the same message, Judgment Day May 21, 2011.
Quote:
What if May 21 ends and nothing occurs?

The Biblical evidence is too overwhelming and specific to be wrong. Christ's people can look with great confidence to this date because God promises His "beloved" He will not come upon them as a thief in the night.
God in His mercy has revealed the vital information needed to know the day. Judgment Day on May 21, 2011 will occur because the bible declares it. Anyone whom God has not saved will arrive at that day with no hope for salvation. God warns simply the "door will be shut."
I lol'd hardest at Jesus warning us of the Gay Pride movement.

Last edited by Entropy : 04-25-2011 at 03:42 PM.

Equinox likes this.
Old 04-25-2011 at 03:40 PM   #9
ShouldBeStudying
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkdk View Post

This would have been more believable.
Old 04-25-2011 at 03:42 PM   #10
Boolean

Liked: 169 Times

Uhh I dunno guys! The Bible guarantees it!!!

They're gonna regret putting that up when the 21st comes and goes and they realize they still have to pay for the billboard.

if(at_first_you_dont_su cceed) break;

Equinox, Kathy2 like this.
Old 04-25-2011 at 03:43 PM   #11
ShouldBeStudying
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
...I'm hoping this is a viral marketing campaign for this summer's surprise blockbuster. There's no way this can be serious.

Really, check out some of the stuff from the website:
After doing some research on this, the date was predicted by a guy named Harold Camping who also predicted the world would end in 1994.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harold_Camping
Old 04-25-2011 at 03:51 PM   #12
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Like someone else said, I wonder if it's viral marketing? I can't imagine the TTC allowing these kinds of ads. I've seen religious-related ads (like a victim help phone funded by a religious group on the HSR), but saying the world will end next month?? That's a little drastic. I'm very surprised the TTC would allow this.

Maybe email or phone the TTC and ask?
Old 04-25-2011 at 04:56 PM   #13
thedog123123
Crazy Physicist

Liked: 313 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy2 View Post
Like someone else said, I wonder if it's viral marketing? I can't imagine the TTC allowing these kinds of ads. I've seen religious-related ads (like a victim help phone funded by a religious group on the HSR), but saying the world will end next month?? That's a little drastic. I'm very surprised the TTC would allow this.

Maybe email or phone the TTC and ask?

$$$= it is ok
Old 04-25-2011 at 05:16 PM   #14
jo87
Elite Member

Liked: 152 Times

TTC almost put up Ashley Madison ads, so this really doesn't surprise me. Actually I was more offended by thought of Ashley Madison ads because people use that service, but these ads don't bother me. I just think its silly.
Old 04-25-2011 at 05:29 PM   #15
ShouldBeStudying
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedog123123 View Post
$$$= it is ok
Yea, it's still sad to think they have the money to place these ads all around the world. Here's on from Brazil.