MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
CA applications ~*Sara*~ Residence & Housing 19 01-13-2011 09:31 PM
McMaster Alzheimer's Society Committee Applications nerual Clubs & Groups 0 09-16-2010 01:56 PM
Late Applications? stevennevets First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 03-16-2009 09:37 AM
Welcome Week Rep Applications lorend Welcome Week Repping 0 01-12-2008 05:25 PM
RLS Staff Applications lorend Clubs 2 12-28-2007 06:34 PM

McMaster Applications Up Sharply

Old 01-29-2011 at 10:56 PM   #15
jajas
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 49 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyfree View Post
Whhaaaat?? Where's the rest? Have they been holding out on us?
That forest just above Coote's Paradise is all McMaster property I believe but it can't be developed because it is considered a green belt (i.e. protected area)

Old 01-29-2011 at 10:58 PM   #16
jajas
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 49 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by optical View Post
Just think of how MORE crowded MUGSI's gonna get :(
First of all MUSGI can't get any more crowded than it already is.

Secondly, the Patrick Dean said that they won't be increasing the number of admissions but they will probably increase the cut off average which means the number of students admitted will remain the same.

justinsftw likes this.

Old 01-30-2011 at 01:19 AM   #17
bcars
Elite Member

Liked: 286 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AelyaS View Post
Seems like I came at the right time.
That's what she said

Old 01-30-2011 at 09:56 PM   #18
MrVJPMAn
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 4 Times
Oh dear

I hope my transfer to McMaster goes smoothly, better hit those books.

Old 01-30-2011 at 09:59 PM   #19
davied

Liked: 1 Time
just great!
just great!, so for the students applying now the admission averages are going up?!? Well i better make sure i ace next semester!

Old 01-30-2011 at 10:13 PM   #20
Sasha

Liked: 8 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by changturkey View Post
Is there any more space on campus for them to expand really?
If you haven't noticed, behind Mac (near the parking lots and adl) there is LOTS of room to expand. Plus there is also room near cootes as well.

Also, expansion can just mean creating larger residences, or making more underground parking garages.

Old 01-30-2011 at 10:18 PM   #21
Needlenose
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 27 Times
I really hope they increase the admission averages. If you didn't manage to achieve at least an 80% in high school then university is not for you. Even a 90% in most high schools is no big feat. McMaster has more than 21 000 students - I think that's even more than U of T! And yet, our campus is so small. It's come to the point where you have to form lines to get through the student centre and the libraries are more like restaurants than quiet places to study. It's become so crowded that it would actually be useful to install traffice signals on different paths across campus so one can walk without having people coming at her from everwhere. Lectures have to be shared with 100 - 600 people, and many of these people just chat throughout class, causing further frustration. The internet connection is down every other day, most probably because thousands of people are accessing university websites at the same time. There are times when you can't even print off lecture notes or have a look at your timetable. Do the people who apply to this university know what's happening here?

Rakim, taylojl like this.

Old 01-30-2011 at 10:24 PM   #22
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Needlenose View Post
I really hope they increase the admission averages. If you didn't manage to achieve at least an 80% in high school then university is not for you. Even a 90% in most high schools is no big feat. McMaster has more than 21 000 students - I think that's even more than U of T! And yet, our campus is so small. It's come to the point where you have to form lines to get through the student centre and the libraries are more like restaurants than quiet places to study. It's become so crowded that it would actually be useful to install traffice signals on different paths across campus so one can walk without having people coming at her from everwhere. Lectures have to be shared with 100 - 600 people, and many of these people just chat throughout class, causing further frustration. The internet connection is down every other day, most probably because thousands of people are accessing university websites at the same time. There are times when you can't even print off lecture notes or have a look at your timetable. Do the people who apply to this university know what's happening here?
Eeverything about your post is just ignorant and ill-informed.

alh24, changturkey, macsci, nikJ, xxsumz all say thanks to RyanC for this post.

Old 01-30-2011 at 10:25 PM   #23
Rakim
Account Locked

Liked: 814 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
Eeverything about your post is just ignorant and ill-informed.
I beg to differ.

Needlenose says thanks to Rakim for this post.

Old 01-30-2011
eullwm
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 01-30-2011
Commander
Old 01-30-2011
nikJ
Old 01-30-2011
RyanC
Old 01-30-2011 at 10:59 PM   #24
Commander
P.I.M.P

Liked: 63 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikJ View Post
He got into Electrical and Biomed when the cut-off average was 8.5.
Then he should act like someone who got at least an 8.5 avg...

Old 01-30-2011 at 11:14 PM   #25
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Liked: 333 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander View Post
Then he should act like someone who got at least an 8.5 avg...
How does one with an 8.5avrg act?

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search