Dota Teams for the tournament? Infester Gaming 16 03-05-2009 09:28 AM
First MLC dota games Omas Gaming 6 10-30-2008 08:43 AM
DotA players Infester Gaming 23 09-26-2008 01:36 AM

McMaster DotA TOURNAMENT

Old 11-01-2009 at 05:31 PM   #1
Infester

Liked: 2 Times

McMaster DotA TOURNAMENT
Those of you who are attending Universities in Ontario, or are DotA players of all skill levels, McMaster Universities Mac LAN Club is hosting its first Ontario wide DotA tournament.

In the past we have hosted DotA tournaments for on campus students and are looking to expand this tournament to all of Ontario.

Entry fee: $10 per person (or if you have a team $50/team), pay at the door/pre-purchase at Student Center.

Where: John Hodgins Engineering (JHE Rm 233) at McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.

When: Saturday, Nov 14th, 2009, 11am to 6pm

And without further ado Prizes (to be updated as sponsors shipments arrive expected $350+ of prizes):
  • 1st place: 1/2 of total admission fees. HoN beta keys. Pownz Gaming Centre day passes
  • 2nd place: 1/4 of total admission fees. HoN beta keys.
  • Everyone: Raffle draw for computer parts
  • Everyone: Raffle draw for Pownz Gaming Centre elite memberships!
Computers are provided. The computer lab being used holds 50+. These computers are fast and more then capable of running Warcraft III. Those of you who want to bring your laptop are welcome to do so. Free for all LAN gaming during/after event, games like Starcraft, Counter Strike, Risk, etc..

Please email me [email protected] .com if you are intending on attending this tournament so I can get numbers. Players are encouraged to join as teams otherwise we will place you in teams. Those players who do email me, please list your player/players:
  • Real name,
  • Gamer tag
  • Sponsor(if any)
  • What region/university your from.
Good gaming,
Braden Armstrong VP of Mac's LAN Club
AKA Infester

Last edited by kevinf : 11-09-2009 at 07:25 AM. Reason: added date and time..
Old 11-01-2009 at 08:14 PM   #2
Charlielol

Liked: 1 Time

Uhh, I'll sign up, is there a Mcmaster team?
Old 11-01-2009 at 08:42 PM   #3
Infester

Umm, as far as i know its more of a get your friends and play type of thing. I dont think mcmaster has a set team. Like I am currently playing with a group of 4 in a collegiate dota league as "mcmaster's team" but its not like the university is helping us in any way, just find some friends and make a team is my suggestion. If not show up and we'll put you on one.
Old 11-03-2009 at 07:39 AM   #4
Infester

MLC following, there have been about 4 outside teams fill up places in this tournament, and im hoping that you guys can get another team in, so far its 4 outside teams, and my team SO HURRY UP IF YOU WANT IN. We have prizes this year and actual competition.
Old 11-04-2009 at 06:43 PM   #5
Kris-_-

Liked: 0 Times

I was just wondering how long this normally lasts; and the format of the tournament.

Brackets?
Single elimination?
Bo3?
Old 11-04-2009 at 09:04 PM   #6
kevinf

the format depends on how many teams are in the final count. Bracket or round robin most likely.

we expect ppl to show up at 11am and be ready for the starting matches at 12sharp (allows time for pre-game, game install, etc)..

the tournament could run a littler later then 6pm, but again depends on how many teams show and the format.
Old 11-05-2009 at 03:13 AM   #7
kudougw

ah, question here

i dunno if is me buta, i dont see the date, and i went maclan website, it has nov 14 as tournament day but on the calendar, it says nov 7. which is correct?
Old 11-05-2009 at 07:46 AM   #8
Infester

The seventh, this weekend, is also a tourny hosted by EAUT, but it isn't goign to be near as good
Old 11-05-2009 at 12:03 PM   #9
kudougw

alrite infester, no point going this weekend eng
Old 11-11-2009 at 11:00 AM   #10
mohatas

Still got a spot in that team of four? or was that four other people?
Old 11-12-2009 at 09:45 PM   #11
kevinf

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohatas View Post
Still got a spot in that team of four? or was that four other people?
I am sure at least one team will be formed the day of the event, so feel free to show up.

So far 11 teams have shown interest in the tournament + some singles.
Old 11-13-2009 at 12:03 AM   #12
WhiteDawn

I have a question, if I bring in my desktop, mouse, and keyboard will I be able to use one of the lab screens? I only have a CRT monitor and I don't wanna lug that all the way to the lan party.
Old 11-13-2009 at 07:17 AM   #13
kevinf

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteDawn View Post
I have a question, if I bring in my desktop, mouse, and keyboard will I be able to use one of the lab screens? I only have a CRT monitor and I don't wanna lug that all the way to the lan party.
I dont think you will need a desktop for this LAN party. The computers are fast enough to run most of the games we play, save for say Left 4 Dead (and since most other people are on the lab computers, you would have no one to play with)

You can if you want to though, and yes you can definitely use one of the screens. It would be your responsibility to plug everything back in.

I will be bringing our dual gigabit server with 16 port gigabit switch.... so any files downloaded will be uber fast.
Old 11-13-2009 at 11:46 PM   #14
mohatas

bit of confusion here, we're starting at 11 or 12?
Old 11-14-2009 at 07:24 AM   #15
kevinf

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohatas View Post
bit of confusion here, we're starting at 11 or 12?
be there for 11 as we need time to organize all the players for a 12noon match start.