MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need Help Re: McMaster E-Mail VastHorizon Computers & Tech 3 09-05-2010 07:05 PM
McMaster E-mail Huge Issues IbrahimH Computers & Tech 13 08-30-2010 10:28 AM
McMaster E-mail Lilylune First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 08-11-2010 06:52 AM
Mcmaster E-mail Question natashapoly Computers & Tech 5 01-31-2010 05:11 PM
McMaster E-Mail Q Goce General Discussion 2 05-19-2009 01:08 AM

McMaster E-mail

Old 07-06-2008 at 01:01 AM   #1
Ruggedman

Liked: 0 Times

McMaster E-mail
This is a random question although judging by the facebook group i will find some answers.

I wanted to join the McMaster network on facebook so i put in my mcmaster ungergraduate email like they ask for....but still haven't recieved any confirmation on this?

How long does it take for us to receive an email that lets us confirm we can join the mac facebook network.

Just curious lol
Old 07-06-2008 at 03:42 PM   #2
eycc11

Liked: 7 Times

Hey, I hope this helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff87 View Post
This is how to join the facebook network with your newly activated mac id, worked for me.

1) Go to http://mugsi.mcmaster.ca/ and log in (to MUGSI) with your MacID's.
2) On the first page, on the upper right side where it says "Quick Links" There is a link to "Enable your MAC ID Services" click on that.

Forward your E-mails to your normal accounts if you haven't already:
3) Click on "My Profile" on the left side of the MUGSI page
4) Back under "Quick Links" is a link to "E-mail Address Management"
5) Click on the dot next to the textbox and put in your usual e-mails (hotmal/gmail/etc.), click "Submit"

To make sure it all worked out:
6) Go to http://muss.mcmaster.ca/ and login with your MacID's

Now this is where things get hairy. For some reason, you can send e-mails FROM muss but can't receive any. Here is what happened with me:
(I'm gonna use "user" instead of my MacID in these examples)

When I tried sending an e-mail to [email protected] r.ca I instantly got a response e-mail that the address does not exist.

So, I tried sending it to just [email protected] that did NOT get a failure e-mail in response, but I still haven't received the e-mail yet.

What I did to join the group:

I tried using just [email protected] to enter the McMaster network, and THAT worked. I got the e-mail shortly afterwards in my usual gmail account and now I'm in the network!! XD

HOPEFULLY it will work for you... no promises... be persistent and try both [email protected] and [email protected] r.ca but try the first one first. Resend the confirmation e-mail a few times if you have to, and be patient it takes a bit for the e-mail to come.

*jessica.13 says thanks to eycc11 for this post.
Old 07-07-2008 at 09:38 AM   #3
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times

On facebook did you type [email protected]muss.cis.mcmaster.ca or [email protected]mcmaster.ca ?
Old 07-07-2008 at 04:23 PM   #4
anita

Liked: 0 Times

so the same thing is happening with me except that when i sent an e-mail to my [email protected] it says that the e-mail doesn't exist. and im not getting any conformation e-mails from facebook to my [email protected]ster
soo does anyone know how to get it working ? or how to join the mcmaster network on facebook?
Old 07-07-2008 at 06:12 PM   #5
dragonfly

Liked: Liked 2 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by anita View Post
so the same thing is happening with me except that when i sent an e-mail to my [email protected] it says that the e-mail doesn't exist. and im not getting any conformation e-mails from facebook to my [email protected]ster
soo does anyone know how to get it working ? or how to join the mcmaster network on facebook?
Did you wait two days after enabling your mac email? It takes two days for the @mcmaster.ca one to work.
Old 07-07-2008 at 10:08 PM   #6
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times

try sending an email from some other email account (ie hotmail or yahoo mail or gmail) to your [email protected] er.ca and then login to MussMail and see if you got it. If you didn't, and it has been 48 hours since you enabled your services, then something is wrong.