MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
McMaster vs Ryerson vs Western for Nursing? Shivani Patel First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 10 05-23-2014 01:24 PM
Grad school grades Harlequin Academics 2 08-15-2012 05:32 PM
Mcmaster to western? enarab Automotive & Transportation 6 02-06-2012 07:33 PM
McMaster to Western Transfer Process incognito Academics 16 12-22-2010 01:34 AM

McMaster grades to western dental school %

Old 12-11-2014 at 10:19 PM   #1
unman69

Liked: 3 Times

McMaster grades to western dental school %
Hello guys

Anyone familiar with how to convert our mac grades from mcmaster A+,A, A- to westerns dental school which uses %?

U of T is easy , cause its OMSAS GPA.

Cheers
Old 12-12-2014 at 10:56 AM   #2
chrisA

Liked: 15 Times

This chart should tell you everything you need.

http://studentsuccess.mcmast er.ca/...ion-chart.html
Old 12-12-2014 at 04:10 PM   #3
unman69

Hey thanks!!

But that doesn't help as what % do I pick my @A+ or A
Old 12-12-2014 at 04:28 PM   #4
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

If you care at all about your application, you should direct these questions to the admissions people at Western.
Old 12-12-2014 at 08:13 PM   #5
unman69

Haha I have, But they haven't emailed me so im wondering if anyone knows what's going on here.
Old 03-05-2015 at 05:11 PM   #6
kim27

Liked: 0 Times

Hey guys,

I was wondering if two biochem courses are needed at mac to meet the 3.0 credit biochem prereq for western dental?

thanks
Old 03-05-2015 at 05:14 PM   #7
kim27

they take the midpoint percentage of that grade. For example, A+=95%
Old 03-05-2015 at 05:45 PM   #8
macskittles

I would think that one 3 unit course is sufficient since you only need 0.5 of a credit in a biochem course. If anything email them.
Also are you sure western uses a %?? I saw this on their website...Schulich Dentistry utilizes the OMSAS (Ontario Medical School Application Service) scale to translate grades achieved at other Canadian universities to Western standards.
Old 03-05-2015 at 05:55 PM   #9
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by macskittles View Post
Also are you sure western uses a %?? I saw this on their website...Schulich Dentistry utilizes the OMSAS (Ontario Medical School Application Service) scale to translate grades achieved at other Canadian universities to Western standards.
All that means is that the scale they use to translate grades is the OMSAS conversion scale...and if you look at the scale under the column that Western uses, it's in percent. The OMSAS scale isn't a grading system, it's a system for converting between different grading systems.

For the OP, you may require multiple biochem courses if there is not a single one at Mac that meets all of the subject requirements, otherwise 3 units is generally considered equivalent to 0.5 credits.

If you're unsure if you meet a certain requirement, you should contact the school you're applying to directly, rather than risking your future based on what someone told you online.