MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to Stop Losing a Language? Zebedee General Discussion 21 02-22-2013 02:56 AM
Losing an elective :( Unregistered First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 08-20-2012 03:56 PM
Losing weight **jewel 03** General Discussion 89 02-14-2011 02:26 PM
MUSS losing emails cowpuppy Computers & Tech 14 08-02-2010 02:00 PM

McMaster Losing ALL My Packages?

Old 11-29-2013 at 12:13 PM   #1
iceandele

Liked: 1 Time

McMaster Losing ALL My Packages?
I have several Canada Post packages with tracking numbers RS915069300CH, RB532686725CN, RB651899156CN, which were signed and delivered on the 29th the 22nd and 12th respectively.

They were all shipped to

Mingfei Jiang
Hedden Hall, Room # 475, Mailbox # 729
McMaster University 1280 Main St. W.
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
L8S 4M6

and was signed by DOCK OPS, with a signature like this http://puu.sh/5wSrH.jpg

I have already approached Housing and Conference Service Centre MANY times and they said they cannot find my package, they they do not know what dock ops are. so then i called Canada Post and they confirmed that it was indeed delivered to the McMaster Campus, to Dock Operations.

Does anyone know there my packages went possibly?
Old 11-29-2013 at 12:29 PM   #2
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

I would talk to somebody at the school about this, but it sounds like either somebody is receiving your package and it's likely sitting in some room, or somebody is intercepting your packages. In either case, I would be sending your packages to a friend's house off campus... I would never trust sending it to something like a dorm room.

I hope you get lucky and somebody here has experienced the same thing...
Old 11-29-2013 at 12:33 PM   #3
Loko

Liked: 5 Times

I think Canada Post messed up here. Your packages were delivered to stoney creek which it should not have. When I lived in res, the package was always delivered to mcmaster university. I think you should contact Canada Post and confirm which address they delivered to.
Old 11-29-2013 at 07:10 PM   #4
onedayy

Liked: 34 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loko View Post
I think Canada Post messed up here. Your packages were delivered to stoney creek which it should not have. When I lived in res, the package was always delivered to mcmaster university. I think you should contact Canada Post and confirm which address they delivered to.
Actually, it is completely normal for the system to say "delivered to Stoney Creek".
Whenever I ordered stuff to rez, Canada post would always say that it was successfully delivered to Stoney Creek, and then after a day or so it was always delivered to the Housing desk on campus.

I actually have no idea why you haven't received those packages, because your address seems right.
When I was on campus, I ordered ~ 5 items and I never had any problems with it.
And don't even try to contact Canada Post because they're unbelievably irresponsible with lost items (they will simply tell you to contact the seller and the whole resolution process takes at least a year for them)

Are you sure you went to the right place to pick it up? You should go to the Centro building and also try Mary Keyes building just in case.
Old 11-29-2013 at 07:38 PM   #5
chrisA

Liked: 15 Times

I'd try contacting Mail Services to see if they know anything.

http://ppims.services.mcmast er.ca/pplant/mail_services.html

Their extension is 24286

You could try visiting them in DSB B109 too.

Good luck. I had all sorts of packages delivered to me when I was in residence and never had a problem. When a package I ordered didn't have a complete address, someone from mail services called me. (My number was on the package fortunately).
Old 11-29-2013 at 08:20 PM   #6
qwerty91
Elite Member

Liked: 173 Times

if package services doesn't do anything I highly suggest you visit campus security and lightly suggest that someone may be stealing your packages.
Old 11-29-2013 at 09:08 PM   #7
collinbf

Liked: 49 Times

Most likely your package is on campus. The problem is there's shipping docks all over the place and if you have a new Canada Post driver (which can occur around the holidays) who doesn't know the campus very well he probably just dropped it off at the first one he saw.

Mail Services is definitely the first place to check. If they don't have it then you're going to have to start calling all the buildings with a delivery dock.

It's funny that qwerty91 mentioned security services. When I worked there part time they had these two safes delivered from Home Depot and they were delivered to the wrong place as well. One of the sergeants spent an hour calling up all the delivery docks until they found it.
Old 11-29-2013 at 09:24 PM   #8
onedayy

Liked: 34 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by collinbf View Post
Most likely your package is on campus. The problem is there's shipping docks all over the place and if you have a new Canada Post driver (which can occur around the holidays) who doesn't know the campus very well he probably just dropped it off at the first one he saw.

Mail Services is definitely the first place to check. If they don't have it then you're going to have to start calling all the buildings with a delivery dock.

It's funny that qwerty91 mentioned security services. When I worked there part time they had these two safes delivered from Home Depot and they were delivered to the wrong place as well. One of the sergeants spent an hour calling up all the delivery docks until they found it.
I highly doubt that they were dropped off at random places because separate deliveries were made 3 times. This is kind of weird because the OP hasn't received a single package.. Someone might actually be stealing it. Reporting the case to security services seems like it's worth a try.
Old 11-30-2013 at 12:51 AM   #9
iceandele

Liked: 1 Time

Thanks guys, ran around campus today looking for them. Turned out they were sitting at the mailing services at CSB on the far west side of campus. Apparently because they were registered mail and I had to personally go there to sign it. Weird how no one contacted me after all this time, my number was on the packages too...

MCHEDDENITE likes this.
Old 11-30-2013 at 05:11 PM   #10
ZSimon
Elite Member

Liked: 311 Times

HobbyKing order... ? haha
Old 11-30-2013 at 06:39 PM   #11
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

One (not sure if it's only that one) of the main shipping docks is in the hospital. Maybe stop by there and see if they have your package?
Phone: 905.525.9140
General: 24740
Fax: 905.572.6990
Mail Svcs: 24286
Parking: 24281
Receiving 24512

I would keep calling, especially at Mac. Canada post may not know all the delivery spots at Mac.