MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
McMaster's Motto Shmowen Academics 19 08-20-2010 11:42 AM
McMaster's New President Is... lorend MacInsiders Announcements 17 10-16-2009 02:34 PM
Colour Blind Monkeys Able to See Colours Through Gene Therapy Fight0 General Discussion 6 09-17-2009 02:53 PM
McMaster's on STRIKEE!?!?! crys.eg General Discussion 73 07-28-2009 03:07 PM

McMaster's Colours

Old 12-01-2009 at 02:30 PM   #16
JeffB

Liked: 26 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossclot View Post
As far as traditions that should be changed, I think the cross should be removed from the logo. I am not saying that it should be removed from any existing placement, nor am I saying we should throw in a star of david, star and crescent moon, or flying spaghetti monster along side it. I think it should just be blank instead of the cross, it no longer reflects the mac community.

The colors are ugly, I agree, but it isnt an issue for me.
The cross is in the emblem because of McMaster's roots as a Baptist university, although it no longer reflects in the current university. I think its going to far to say we have to remove it because its not inclusive. There are many things that the university should care about before a cross being part of the university's emblem. The same thing has happened with countless other symbols, places, names.

I think the colours are nice and sure beat some other universities. (WLU with their purple and gold, U of C with Red and Yellow)
Old 12-01-2009 at 04:43 PM   #17
cowpuppy

Liked: 14 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChocolate View Post
I don't mind the colours. It reminds me of...

zomg

That should be our new coat of arms. Just replace the text on the ribbon with "McMaster".

Or just rename the school to Gryffindor.
Old 12-01-2009 at 06:26 PM   #18
TheChocolate

Liked: 5 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienSummer View Post
It reminds me of Harry Potter too. I have a friend who always points out the things that Mac and Harry Potter have in common. The only thing I can think of right now is how we're the Marauders, and Harry has the Marauders Map. Apparently there is more, though.
You mean...
Prof. Murgatroyd and Dumbledore?

Exams and the Triwizard Tounement:

Football and quidditch: