McMaster's on STRIKEE!?!?! crys.eg General Discussion 73 07-28-2009 03:07 PM

McMaster's New President Is...

Old 10-16-2009 at 01:37 PM   #15
deadpool
X-Man

Liked: 392 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by feonateresa View Post
Oh. Sayonara Peter George. :/ Lots of people in positions like these are overpaid but what can I say.
Overpaid? Please.

Overpaid are CEOs of companies who are failing. Peter George has done more for McMaster in terms of getting money than most University heads in the world.

Mac has received some of the largest sums of money ever. From what I remember, the amount of money Michael Degroote gave to Mac is only short of what Bill and Melinda Gates have given Harvard, and Mike Lazaridis has given University of Waterloo.

Peter George is the reason we have amazing sports and fitness facilities, why we have a student centre, why we have DeGroote School of Business, why we have DeGroote School of Medicine and its two satellite locations, why we have an upcoming expansion into Burlington, etc. He is good at what he was hired to do: getting money from benefactors.

When you look at the performance of PG compared to the gigantic expansion of Mac compared to other schools, you understand just how important he was/is. Since the 2003/04 school year, Undergrad enrollment has gone up 50%, we have a bunch of new programs etc.

I've heard many good things about Patrick Deane and his relationship with student advocacy, so hopefully he comes in and makes changes in ways that benefit us in ways that Peter George did.

Old 10-16-2009 at 02:13 PM   #16
lux

Liked: 318 Times
is it just me or is one of the criteria for being mac's president is having a Mantracker-esque beard. Which I think is totally awesome. Gives mac the tough look.

deadpool, Taunton like this.

Old 10-16-2009 at 02:34 PM   #17
Taunton
Elite Member

Liked: 598 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lux View Post
is it just me or is one of the criteria for being mac's president is having a Mantracker-esque beard. Which I think is totally awesome. Gives mac the tough look.
Haha totally and fully agreed! It wouldn't surprise me if that was on the list of criteria put together by the committee!

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search