MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Miss home cooked meals Berrypink Body & Food 4 01-27-2012 12:55 AM
Do you buy all your meals? sad cypress First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 08-08-2008 03:57 PM
Meals And Manners Etiquette Dinner Event Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 03-10-2008 07:39 PM
Meals And Manners ~ Etiquette Dinner 2007 Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 10-17-2007 11:10 AM

Meals

Old 06-06-2012 at 01:14 PM   #1
Alexmahone
Elite Member

Liked: 64 Times

Meals
Where do people who live off-campus have their meals. Are there restaurants nearby? Can we eat at the university's cafeteria? (I can't cook, so don't bother to ask...)
Old 06-06-2012 at 01:21 PM   #2
Allana:)

Liked: 46 Times

There are plenty of restaurants. There are some popular chains, as well as some good non-chain places. But yes, you are more than welcome to eat on campus! You can pay cash, or you can get an off-campus meal plan! You can find information about it by following this link.
http://hospitality.mcmaster. ca/mea...offcampus.html
Eating on campus would definitely be a lot cheaper than eating at restaurants all the time.
Also, keep in mind that there are lots of things you can get at grocery stores that don't require cooking. There are plenty of TV dinners, frozen meats, fresh things available. All you'd have to do is turn on the oven and maybe eat some cold veggies or a simple salad on the side.

Alexmahone says thanks to Allana:) for this post.
Old 06-06-2012 at 01:27 PM   #3
inthemaking

Liked: 26 Times

I had an off campus meal plan that I just topped off whenever it got low, so I still ate on campus. You can still eat on campus even if you don't have a meal plan, but you don't get a discount.

Where are you living off campus? I lived in Westdale and there are lots of places to eat near there..Pita Pit, Basilique, lots of coffee shops, Koosh, etc.

Alexmahone says thanks to inthemaking for this post.
Old 06-06-2012 at 01:34 PM   #4
Alexmahone
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by inthemaking View Post
Where are you living off campus?
Emerson Street
Old 06-06-2012 at 01:38 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexmahone View Post
Emerson Street
You'll be extremely close to the school, which will be very handy for getting your meals. As for restaurants, you're very close to Westdale (a 15 minute walk or a 4 minute bus ride), and to plenty of places along Main St.

Old 06-06-2012 at 01:41 PM   #6
Chris23
Account Locked

Liked: 287 Times

Guess you didnt get off campus much to not know about the large amounts of restaraunts/fast food choices located right on main st west. and yeah of course mac lets students other than the freshmen class eat on campus! lol thanks for providing a good laugh at the office with this question!
Old 06-06-2012 at 01:42 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris23 View Post
Guess you didnt get off campus much to not know about the large amounts of restaraunts/fast food choices located right on main st west. and yeah of course mac lets students other than the freshmen class eat on campus! lol thanks for providing a good laugh at the office with this question!
Pardon me if I'm mistaken, but I believe he is a freshman.

Old 06-06-2012 at 01:44 PM   #8
Alexmahone
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allana:) View Post
Pardon me if I'm mistaken, but I believe he is a freshman.
Yes I am. Thank you, Allana.
Old 06-06-2012 at 01:46 PM   #9
Chris23
Account Locked

Liked: 287 Times

either way i still find it amusing. just based on the high tuition rates we experience as students, i think its safe to say that a post secondary institution will never hesitate to take any additional money from a student that it can, lunch money included;P

Allana:) likes this.
Old 06-06-2012 at 01:47 PM   #10

Quote:
Yes I am. Thank you, Allana.
Good luck in your first year! (With eating and everything else. )

Old 06-06-2012 at 02:11 PM   #11
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

There's a ton of places both on and off-campus (Westdale, Main St, etc) as well as grocery stores. So definitely don't worry about it! It might help to visit campus and explore a little if you don't live too far away! I know that helped me a little in first year.

Alexmahone says thanks to ~*Sara*~ for this post.
Old 06-06-2012 at 02:25 PM   #12
Alexmahone
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
It might help to visit campus and explore a little if you don't live too far away!
I live in India; it's a little too far away.

DMe3, Vessi like this.
Old 06-06-2012 at 02:38 PM   #13
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

Quote:
I live in India; it's a little too far away.
Ohh, haha never mind then . You'll have plenty of time to explore in the first few weeks of school still!