MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Message from Azim Chad Brandon Hall Fire Announcements 4 10-22-2008 07:19 AM
A Message From Jerimi Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 02-12-2008 10:51 AM
Message from SOCS Chad Getting Involved 1 08-23-2007 12:29 PM

Message from the profs.- COMING SOON FOR OUR FIRST YEARS.....

Old 05-29-2008 at 06:27 PM   #1
joset2

Liked: 0 Times

Message from the profs.- COMING SOON FOR OUR FIRST YEARS.....
I love first year students a lot....they ask a million questions and it gives me a chance to pass down all those little things I learned along the way. Thats why when macinsiders gave me an oppertunity to be part of their team I offered chad a great idea to make our first years feel much better about the courses they are about to study.

Macinsiders team introducing ...."Message from the profs"

I invited proffessors from the faculty of science to join me for a short interview where they will go over their expectations of the 1st year courses and how well can you prepare for their style of teaching. So far, the response has been amazing. My first priority is to get the proffessors who teach the madatory science courses like bio, chem,physics, math, stats etc....then if you guys find it useful I will start it for other faculties....

so if you guys have a particular imprtant question for your profs drop a line here so I will make sure I ask them that........:nerdplea sed:

Coming soon...my first interview with proffessor #1 - Ms Kajuira ( BIO 1AO3 and BIO 1AA3)
Old 05-29-2008 at 06:43 PM   #2
dragonfly

Liked: Liked 2 Times

That is such an awesome idea!
I'm excited to hear what the profs have to say

edit: I'd be interested in knowing how much time do they expect us to take in preparing for class, as well as doing homework. I know this varies depending on the class and the student, but i'm curious about what they think.

Last edited by dragonfly : 05-29-2008 at 06:47 PM.
Old 05-29-2008 at 07:15 PM   #3
ferreinm
Elite Member

Liked: 120 Times

the average person should spend 2 hours for every hour they spend in class studying.
Old 05-29-2008 at 08:14 PM   #4
FlyWithMac

Yes, I am definitely curious about their teaching styles...
Old 05-29-2008 at 09:47 PM   #5
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

There are sessions about the differences between high school and university life lead by Dr. Joe Kim (Psych 1a03 prof) for the Summer Orientation Days.

Aaand a note-taking session during Welcome Day by the previous (like...15 years) Psych 1A03 prof.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 05-29-2008 at 11:59 PM   #6
Eva C
Elite Member

Liked: 3 Times

joset2, that is an amazing idea. I wish i got that sort of info when i had first year. Way to go, if you need help, let me know. I'd love to give you a hand if necessary. way to go!!
Old 05-30-2008 at 09:02 PM   #7
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 23 Times

Good idea Joset!
Between all of the MacInsiders Staff I think we can compile some tips and tricks from different profs of different faculties!
I'm going to start emailing now!

Old 05-30-2008 at 09:08 PM   #8
joset2

once i post my first interview, u guys can suggest me new steps to make it better...pilot attempts always need more support..thnkzx u guys...now my biggest concern is time. I am formulating the most essential questions so i can wrap all by half hour
Old 05-31-2008 at 05:23 AM   #9
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,731 Times

Theres loads of questions to ask profs. Maybe start up a thread for people to suggest questions, and then we can have a MacInsiders Poll so people can vote for their favorite question. Then you can take the top 3 and incorporate them into your question sheet Joset

Forum polls are your friend!