MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Review Review Starter Category Comments Last Post
Michael Ignatieff: Q & A. Your opinion? Hatsumi General Discussion 14 01-18-2010 10:07 AM
A conversation with Michael Ignatieff @ McMaster University lorend MacInsiders Announcements 3 01-11-2010 10:39 PM
A conversation with Michael Ignatieff @ McMaster University lorend MacInsiders Announcements 0 12-21-2009 09:18 PM
RIP Michael Jackson RoyK General Discussion 31 07-14-2009 12:53 AM
Michael Phelps jhan523 General Discussion 45 08-17-2008 08:36 PM

Michael Mercier

Michael Mercier
Published by samantha__
06-13-2008
Published by
Elite Member

Author review
Easiness
60%60%60%
Helpfulness
60%60%60%
Clarity
100%100%100%
Overall Rating
70%70%70%
Average 73%
Michael Mercier

Michael Mercier is a professor in the School of Geography and Earth Sciences. Personally, I had him as a prof for Geo 1HS3 (now called Geog 1HA3) and Geo 1HU3 (now called Geog 1HB3). At first, like most first year university students, I needed to adjust to his teaching style. He did the typical powerpoint lecture slides, but instead of reading off of it like some of my other teachers, he actually, believe it or not, lectured.

One of the problems with Mercier is the fact that he posts skeletal slides up on WebCT. Essentially what that means is he posts the lecture slides that he will be using.. minus the actual information. Instead, he just leaves the main titles of what the slide would be about. With this in mind, try to go to every one of his classes, as he never posts the full lecture notes.

His tests can be slightly tricky. During class it is wise to take notice of pretty much everything he says, even if it doesnt sound relevant to you, it's probobly relevant to him. I find on tests he asks very random question such as "Which author said the following quote..." and such like that.

Overall, if you go to class and you have his notes, you will do well in his classes, because he takes everything from his notes, which I find are quite good, if you know how to take notes properly.

litadumas says thanks to samantha__ for this post.
Deleted Post
Edit/Delete Message
Click here to add your own review for Michael Mercier!

Old 06-30-2009 at 04:37 PM   #2
cee023
Program: Science
Year: Third

Liked: Liked 4 Times
which you recommended mercier or peace for geo? thanks.
  Deleted Post Deleted Post
Old 06-30-2009 at 08:07 PM   #3
PTGregD
Elite Member
Program: Commerce
Year: Alumni

Liked: 349 Times
I had Peace, and he was a good professor in my opinion.

Review Tools Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search