MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Michael Ignatieff: Q & A. Your opinion? Hatsumi General Discussion 14 01-18-2010 10:07 AM
A conversation with Michael Ignatieff @ McMaster University lorend MacInsiders Announcements 3 01-11-2010 10:39 PM
A conversation with Michael Ignatieff @ McMaster University lorend MacInsiders Announcements 0 12-21-2009 09:18 PM
RIP Michael Jackson RoyK General Discussion 31 07-14-2009 12:53 AM
Michael Mercier samantha__ Professors 2 06-30-2009 08:07 PM

Michael Phelps

Old 08-13-2008 at 08:54 PM   #1
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Michael Phelps
Anyone watching Phelps swim in Beijing? If not, what are you doing?!?!?!?! This guy is a shark. He's incredibly fast and he already has 5 golds all obtained by setting new world records! That's right, he has 5 world records in Beijing alone. In the 2 olympics he's participated in, he's obtained 11 golds. He has 3 more races. It's not too late to jump on the bandwagon! He's going for a perfect 8 for 8 golds this year. Maybe another 3 world records? He's incredibly entertaining to watch. His speed is amazing.

His schedule remaining schedule:
Thursday 10:48pm EST
Friday 10:10pm EST
Saturday 10:58pm EST

kenvin100 says thanks to jhan523 for this post.
Old 08-13-2008 at 09:03 PM   #2
KaesoPublius
SRA Member

Liked: 1 Time

I've been watching him very keenly actually, his nickname "super fish" definately applies.

...and I have a teensie (read: huge) crush on him, hahaha. Oh well.
Old 08-13-2008 at 09:04 PM   #3
Eva C
Elite Member

Liked: 3 Times

he is super fast... all the other people that are competing with him... don't even compare when you watch.. so far behind! lol he is sooo fast...
Old 08-13-2008 at 09:11 PM   #4
samantha__
Elite Member

Liked: 9 Times

I'm gonna be so pissed if hes on drugs and they havent figured it out yet lol. That really makes me mad.. you get so happy for them cause they win so many medals and then a year later you find out that they were on drugs. Fan-freakin-tastic.

Old 08-13-2008 at 09:13 PM   #5
mitch
Elite Member

Liked: 75 Times

Awww, Mike Brown, the Canadian favourite to win a medal for the 200m breastroke, just missed the podium by 9 one hundredths of a second! 4th place!
Old 08-13-2008 at 09:14 PM   #6
Mel.L

Liked: Liked 2 Times

He's amazing! His strokes, the fluidity.. everything. No one stands a chance

PS: Where's the medals Canada? It's kind of embarrassing now :(
Old 08-13-2008 at 09:19 PM   #7
samantha__
Elite Member

Adam van Koeverden!!! WHEN IS KAYAKING? Anybody know? I love the guy -- hes so hot in person lol.

Old 08-13-2008 at 09:24 PM   #8
zoyy

He's my hero haha it's soo exciting to see him swim. But I feel sorry for the other swimmers, because no one stands a chance against him. It's like there's no point of even trying anymore....they all just compete for silver. eeek that's sounds horrible for the Canadian swimmer. Soooo close to third place.

Anyone see what happened to Katie Hoff? I think she was leading the entire swim and then right in the end, she extended her hand a bit too late that another swimmer beat her to it and she ended being second.
Old 08-13-2008 at 09:42 PM   #9
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by samantha__ View Post
Adam van Koeverden!!! WHEN IS KAYAKING? Anybody know? I love the guy -- hes so hot in person lol.
Tonite (Aug 13th) at 1am. Which is technically 1AM on August 14th

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 08-13-2008 at 09:46 PM   #10
Mel.L

Liked: Liked 2 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by samantha__ View Post
Adam, Kyle Shewfelt and Alexandre Despatie make up my top list of Canadian athletes

Talented... and hot to boot
Old 08-13-2008 at 09:59 PM   #11
samantha__
Elite Member

Ahh I felt so bad for Kyle! Poor guy didn't do as well as he usually does. But Alex Despatie... hoooooot.

Old 08-13-2008 at 09:59 PM   #12
stevenback7

Liked: Liked 3 Times

Samantha - I know what you mean, don't even get me started on lance armstrong and drugs.

But Phelps is just amazing, maybe someone will give him a good challenge.

And yeah, come on Canada, 0 medals it is kind of getting sad.
Old 08-13-2008 at 10:03 PM   #13
kenvin100
Elite Member

Liked: 21 Times

this guy is the only thing i actually pay attention to at the olympics..honestly everything else sucks

i think canada will either have a similar medal tally 4 yrs ago or do worse...i rly doubt they will be in the top16 as previously predicted

wat can we do, the chinese are just..too good..and Phelps' medals is HALF the gold, the United States now own..just incredible!

Not to mention hurdles for women is out since Berdita Felician bowed out of it due to an injury..but heck anyone should be proud just makin it that far..Phelps amazing performance shows how hard work and dermination pay off..

Old 08-13-2008 at 10:16 PM   #14
Talon89

Liked: 14 Times

Phelps is god.
Old 08-13-2008 at 11:29 PM   #15
Goce
Elite Member

Liked: 36 Times

he's good and his story is one to watch, but swimming and running are the most jaded sports. It is so easy to break records, the technology is phenomenal in terms of the outfits and the drugs.

I am trying to convince my cousin to get in contact with the Canadian team for swimming, he is a great swimmer and has the height.

That said, we should no longer participate in the Summer Olympics. 0 medals is unacceptable.