MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Chem quiz;;; cjdzl Academics 9 10-12-2010 10:01 AM
Quiz on avenue Juve General Discussion 11 09-23-2010 06:41 PM
Safety Quiz p_vun First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 09-11-2009 03:26 PM
Did You Know? Interesting Facts! EasternHeat General Discussion 241 09-03-2009 04:42 PM
Some rather Interesting websites! :0 huzaifa47 General Discussion 4 08-26-2009 09:21 PM

How millenial are you? Interesting quiz!

Old 07-10-2010 at 01:47 PM   #31
ViktorVaughn

Liked: 71 Times

Hmm.. 95 apparently.
Old 07-10-2010 at 02:29 PM   #32
PockyWarrior

Liked: 34 Times

96... but I don't think that makes much sense (imo at least) lmfao XDD

I put moderate political views, no piercings other than earlobe and no tattoos, etc
Old 07-10-2010 at 02:34 PM   #33
xo.monica
M.I.'s most trolled

Liked: 325 Times

96, Lmao

Old 07-10-2010 at 04:33 PM   #34
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

My answers:

1) No
2) No (what does this even prove? I don't read the newspaper because it's full of irrelevant garbage. Not because I'm conservative or liberal)
3) No
4) Only a cellphone
5) 1-9 text messages (What does receiving text messages have to do with anything? The important thing is whether you answer them)
6) Not important
7) Doesn't make much difference for society (don't even wanna touch this subject)
8) No
9) Yes
10) Not important
11) Married (although I could easily just have chosen the other option since they're both true)
12) no
13) yes
14) Liberal, since all the other options sucked

And I got an 85.

Verdict: Bullshit quiz. Surprise!

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 07-10-2010 at 07:26 PM   #35
KayakerDan

Liked: 86 Times

I got a 24, which is probably a good thing.
Old 07-10-2010 at 09:51 PM   #36
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abid.Hasan View Post
pretty arbitrary quiz. Tattoos and piercings? That's irrelevant.
How is it irrelevant? Tattoos and piercings are pretty common for people born into "generation y", but not for previous ones. When I got my ear pierced, as a Gen X guy, in the 90s, it was outrageous to the previous generation (the baby boomers). My dad wouldn't talk to me for like a month because of it. He still refuses to look at my tattoo, and makes some comment under his breath when I show it to him. The only baby boomer I personally know with tattoos is my uncle, who got all his jailhouse tats while serving time. Unlike now, where 15 year olds have facebook galleries full of their tats.

Quote:
Or questions like the one about religion. I guess if you say it's not important you're more "millennial"? What if you're wiccan or zen buddhist or some other alt religion?
Alt religions are still religions. The trend with Gen Y is moving away from religion, not just to an "alt".

Quote:
I assume it's more "millennial" to have contacted a government official? What does "government official" mean? Isn't any civil servant a government official? Like I've yelled at a cop but I don't think that counts...
I thought it was the other way around. The only people I know who contact government officials are seniors. My dad emails and calls his MP and MPP all the time whenever he has some gripe about something going on. I've never known anyone my age or younger to contact one personally, only protest as a group.

Quote:
Also the straight shot "are you liberal/conservative" question is dumb. As if people weren't liberal in the past? I would bet that the student population in the 1960s were on average more liberal than the student population today.
Yeah, they were liberal for their time. But those 60s liberals are now (mostly) modern conservatives. Sure, many have kept their liberal hippy/beatnik mindset, but as people age, they generally tend to like change less, hence the stereotypical jokes about old people saying "in my day...". Those liberals of the 60s are now in THEIR 60s, worried about pensions and hating on young people (gen Y) being so unruly and carefree, the same way their parents and grandparents did in the 60s.
Old 07-10-2010 at 10:09 PM   #37
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

I totally agree with you on:

Quote:

The question about mixed marriages is confusing. When you put "good for society" it gives you a higher score than when you put "doesn't make a difference". But I'm pretty sure the latter is the most progressive view.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 07-11-2010 at 10:03 AM   #38
AlienSummer

Liked: 55 Times

I got a score of 38, which makes me more of a Gen Xer. I think my low score has to do with the fact that I don't send text messages, don't play video games, and contacted a government official.

I'm a bit confused though, because all of my other answers should've pushed me closer to a millenial.
Old 07-11-2010 at 11:03 AM   #39
amitoj

Liked: 15 Times

i got 76. Wot woot!! lol
Old 07-11-2010 at 11:22 AM   #40
Lois
Elite Member

Liked: 361 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeves View Post

I thought it was the other way around. The only people I know who contact government officials are seniors. My dad emails and calls his MP and MPP all the time whenever he has some gripe about something going on. I've never known anyone my age or younger to contact one personally, only protest as a group.

Well, people who are socially conscious about what is going around in the world are more likely to contact government officials. E.g. Amnesty International focuses on letter writing to governments to advocate for change.

Whether or not Millenials are more socially conscious is up for debate. Most of my friends are into social justice, but some of the younger people tend to be apathetic.

Old 07-12-2010 at 12:35 PM   #41
macsci
Elite Member

Liked: 93 Times

50 exactly, I enjoy hanging out with GenXers though and listen to 90s stuff a lot.
Old 07-20-2010 at 01:09 AM   #42
Abid.Hasan

Liked: 86 Times

Quote:
How is it irrelevant? Tattoos and piercings are pretty common for people born into "generation y", but not for previous ones. When I got my ear pierced, as a Gen X guy, in the 90s, it was outrageous to the previous generation (the baby boomers). My dad wouldn't talk to me for like a month because of it. He still refuses to look at my tattoo, and makes some comment under his breath when I show it to him. The only baby boomer I personally know with tattoos is my uncle, who got all his jailhouse tats while serving time. Unlike now, where 15 year olds have facebook galleries full of their tats.
What if there was a question asking "are you gay, bi, or transexual" and if you answer "yes" it gives you a higher score? Now read over your post replacing "tattoo" with "being LGBT".

I'm not denying that having tats and piercings is more common for our generation than for past ones, but I take issue with the test saying I'm any less "millenial" for not having them.

Quote:
Alt religions are still religions. The trend with Gen Y is moving away from religion, not just to an "alt".
Nah I don't think so. I think the trend of gen Y is to become more open minded about other religions and being critical about the ones they were born into.

Quote:
It gives you a higher score if you answer "yes". But your point supports mine; that the question is silly because it's not accurate to say young people today are more politically engaged than young people in the past.

Quote:
Yeah, they were liberal for their time. But those 60s liberals are now (mostly) modern conservatives. Sure, many have kept their liberal hippy/beatnik mindset, but as people age, they generally tend to like change less, hence the stereotypical jokes about old people saying "in my day...". Those liberals of the 60s are now in THEIR 60s, worried about pensions and hating on young people (gen Y) being so unruly and carefree, the same way their parents and grandparents did in the 60s.
Your statement that the 60s liberals became modern conservatives is somewhat true, but not at all for the reasons you stated. You say that their views haven't changed but they're just more conservative in comparison to today's liberals because of changing ideas of what "liberal" and "conservative" are.

If anything the liberalism of the 1960s is even more left than liberalism today. Liberalism today, if you take that to mean the Liberal Party, the NDP, and the Democrats are so so moderate compared to back then.

I say that your statement that the 60s liberals are conservatives now is true because people just generally tend to become more conservative in mindset as they age. It's the old cliche of people being radical lefties in their youth but as they get older they switch over to the right.
Old 07-20-2010 at 06:44 AM   #43
Faer
Elite Member

Liked: 338 Times

I got a 44 and I was born in '91...is that good?
Old 07-20-2010 at 08:29 AM   #44
ferreinm
Elite Member

Liked: 120 Times

I got 64. Thought I'd score higher to be honest.
Old 07-20-2010 at 01:56 PM   #45
bananaboat

Liked: 0 Times

74 yaya~~~that's a 8...