MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
mills library Juve General Discussion 1 02-27-2011 05:23 PM
Mills Learning Commons, what happens there? kldv Computers & Tech 22 12-20-2010 02:38 PM
Mills Rossclot General Discussion 101 04-26-2010 12:02 PM
Longer hours at MILLS KristaG MacInsiders Announcements 0 04-19-2010 10:51 AM
Mills Learning Commons sarahsweet Academics 23 12-14-2006 05:56 PM

Mills Q's

Old 04-07-2011 at 02:49 PM   #1
Chevalier
Elite Member

Liked: 203 Times

Mills Q's
hey so i was exploring mills today to find a good place to study and i noticed a place on the 4th? floor called lyons something or other. it looked pretty sweet, had nice seats, a couple macs, but there was barely anyone there.

then i went up to the fifth floor where the learning thing-a-ma-ding (not commons) is, it was really big, nice leather seats and tables, and no one was there. looked like a great place to study

and then i had bio review so i dipped

anyways i was wandering are those spots avialable to everyone? or are they like for certain programs like the 3rd floor of thode is only for umm eng? or something

just wandering if anyone knows, id love to study in there, they arent crowded with dissidents who dont really study like commons is
Old 04-07-2011 at 02:53 PM   #2
justinsftw
Elite Member

Liked: 342 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by krup92 View Post
hey so i was exploring mills today to find a good place to study and i noticed a place on the 4th? floor called lyons something or other. it looked pretty sweet, had nice seats, a couple macs, but there was barely anyone there.

then i went up to the fifth floor where the learning thing-a-ma-ding (not commons) is, it was really big, nice leather seats and tables, and no one was there. looked like a great place to study

anyways i was wandering are those spots avialable to everyone? or are they like for certain programs like the 3rd floor of thode is only for umm eng? or something

just wandering if anyone knows, id love to study in there, they arent crowded with dissidents who dont really study like commons is
It's open for everyone. Another thing to note is that the 3rd floor of Thode is not for Eng, but is for I. Sci.
Old 04-09-2011 at 08:06 AM   #3
Chevalier
Elite Member

huh i see thx, its wierd though cus i never see anyone in there, in lyons theres a couple, but on the fifth its like a ghost town.
Old 04-09-2011 at 08:26 AM   #4
justinsftw
Elite Member

Liked: 342 Times

Isn't 5th for Staff only? o.o;
Old 04-09-2011 at 09:01 AM   #5
Deegs14
Cogito, ergo sum

Liked: 156 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinsftw View Post
5th floor is just Mills Bookstacks, its for students as well but its not as spacious in terms of seating as the other floors.

justinsftw says thanks to Deegs14 for this post.
Old 04-09-2011 at 10:39 AM   #6
Reddishh

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinsftw View Post
yeah I thought so too
Old 04-09-2011 at 10:40 AM   #7
Reddishh

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:

thode library basement is a good place to study too
Old 04-09-2011 at 11:50 AM   #8
brendanp

Liked: 26 Times

Quote:

justwandering if anyone knows, id love to study in there, they arent crowded with dissidents who dont really study like commons is
i know what you meant by "wandering", but what kind of dissidents are in commons? to answer your question, i'm pretty sure all the areas that are unlocked you can study in.
Old 04-10-2011 at 08:08 PM   #9
AgentTMa

Liked: 3 Times

Hey man, if you want a good place to study, I recommend the caralls on the 4th floor at Mills down the ramp area. or the tables at the back corner of innis. its pree quiet, everyone there are usually quiet and usually its not that crowded.
Old 04-11-2011 at 03:12 PM   #10
mfattal
Elite Member

Liked: 85 Times

Quote:

I think u can go anywhere you want in mac no place is specific for any one because when my friend and I visited we just went to a random lecture and sat down lol and no one noticed or they didnt care
Old 04-11-2011 at 03:19 PM   #11
Scuderia
RocketSaurus

Liked: 110 Times

mills 7th floor (penthouse) best place ever. only available to the elites though. its kept pretty secret.

britb, Chevalier like this.
Old 04-11-2011 at 03:27 PM   #12
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuderia View Post
mills 7th floor (penthouse) best place ever. only available to the elites though. its kept pretty secret.
How to get to?
Old 04-11-2011 at 03:27 PM   #13
sf

Liked: 36 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfattal View Post
I think u can go anywhere you want in mac no place is specific for any one because when my friend and I visited we just went to a random lecture and sat down lol and no one noticed or they didnt care
3rd floor Thode is reserved for isci, so saying you can go anywhere you want isn't necessarily true.
Old 04-11-2011 at 03:40 PM   #14
mfattal
Elite Member

Liked: 85 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephfraser View Post
3rd floor Thode is reserved for isci, so saying you can go anywhere you want isn't necessarily true.
how do u enter do u show id?
Old 04-11-2011 at 03:50 PM   #15
Chevalier
Elite Member

yea, i think its scanning, actrually i prefer hamilton hall, the chalk board area and the tables beside them are pretty clean, quiet, and not crowded at all....sucks sucks though cus its been locked since saturday....anyone know if HH will be open on weekdays?