Mills Learning Commons sarahsweet Academics 23 12-14-2006 05:56 PM

Mills

Old 04-14-2010 at 10:04 PM   #1
Rossclot

Liked: 137 Times

Mills
To everyone studying in the learning commons,

Leave
Pack up your dirty little study nests and dont come back. I know you arent studying. You are wasting time, and wasting the computers other students need.

You might be a douche studying in mills if:

- You have your own laptop, set it up infront of one of the macs and refuse to move

- You are sitting infront of a mac with a book open, and the mac at the login screen, and refuse to move

- You are just watching TV or movies and not even feigning doing homework

- You steal one of those high chairs, sit on one of the 5 minute computers, and whine like a baby on the MI forums about how you cant find a computer in the learning commons

- Your friends dropped all their crap down on the tables and left you to defend all their places while they went out for McDonalds. They return in about 2 hours.

- You drop your shit off and then leave for two hours

- You have your books out, you have lecture slides up on the screen, but gosh darn it, all your bros are just too damn tempting so you have to flirt with them like gigantic douches. Go ahead, slap each others hands, shake their hands for awkwardly long amounts of time, loudly use incredibly offensive derogatory gay bashing words to describe everything and everyone.

- Pretend to be studying when really your are preening and presenting every 20 seconds in between your quick bursts of fixing your hair. Everyone knows you are just here trying to pick up some cute fashionable guy who is studying something that looks like it will make money.

If anyone else wants to add some here, go nuts, I know I have missed many archetypes for douchedom, but unlike some people I need to study.

</ the hate>

Keenu, temptingf8 all say thanks to Rossclot for this post.

Old 04-14-2010 at 10:06 PM   #2
andrew22
Account Locked

Liked: 238 Times

mac students are ****ing jerks no doubt.

you ****ing nailed it Rossclot. If I only I knew before hand.
Old 04-14-2010 at 10:12 PM   #3
Kelsey18
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 14 Times

Ohh man, the McMaster Douche Society. There are SO many it's unreal. I'm told it's no better anywhere else. My friends at Ottawa say roughly 9/10 guys there are total douchebags, and I've heard the same from friends at Guelph and Laurier.

Oddly enough, they convene in libraries. I can't hear the constant high-fives, use of the words "broskies," "yo man, what's goin' down" and "riiiipppped outtt off my miiinndd last night" without laughing and shaking my head.
Old 04-14-2010 at 10:17 PM   #4
Kelsey18
Account Disabled by User

That's not to say girls are any different, by the way. If I have to see one more girl bring a Cosmopolitan magazine to class or loudly discuss her sex life, complete with high-pitched giggles...

I don't know an end to that sentence. There's nothing I could do, they're all over the place. Talking loudly in auditoriums and libraries.
Old 04-14-2010 at 10:21 PM   #5
Souldier
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 256 Times

An open room like that just isn't the best environment for students to study, it encourages people to socialize. And now that it's been coined "Club Mills", it'll probably be known as a place to socialize by McMaster students for as long as it exists.
Old 04-14-2010 at 10:23 PM   #6
sniderj
Elite Member

Liked: 177 Times

I agree that there are tons of douchebags... and it is frighteningly annoying/infuriating...

But if you don't want to be around people, study at home.

Gabriella* likes this.
Old 04-14-2010 at 10:27 PM   #7
lmasud

Liked: 33 Times

Why do you guys even bother trying to study @ Mills....I realized thats a lost cause by week 3. Personally, I think Health Sci is the best place, then the student centre, although its freakin hot in there now
Old 04-14-2010 at 10:28 PM   #8
andrew22
Account Locked

Liked: 238 Times

we need to strike healthsci by getting all the bros/gangster thingys in mills to invade that shit.

Nosh likes this.
Old 04-14-2010 at 10:36 PM   #9
Kelsey18
Account Disabled by User

I just go to the quiet study area in the basement of Thode.
It's usually quiet, although some people like to answer their phones and talk for 10 minutes.
Old 04-14-2010 at 10:41 PM   #10
Nosh

Liked: 17 Times

yeah Mills is known as a great place to hang out for some reason. haha
Old 04-14-2010 at 10:47 PM   #11
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Are you sure it wasn't me using incredibly offensive derogatory gay bashing words to describe everything and everyone?

Quote:
I can't hear the constant high-fives, use of the words "broskies," "yo man, what's goin' down" and "riiiipppped outtt off my miiinndd last night" without laughing and shaking my head.

That's incredibly rude of you. How dare you mock someone's culture, you ethnocentric WESTERNER.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Entropy likes this.
Old 04-14-2010 at 10:47 PM   #12
Kelsey18
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
Are you sure it wasn't me using incredibly offensive derogatory gay bashing words to describe everything and everyone?

That's incredibly rude of you. How dare you mock someone's culture, you ethnocentric WESTERNER.
Haha riiight.
Old 04-14-2010 at 10:49 PM   #13
TTHX

Liked: 62 Times

you mad. just go somewhere else to study if you're this upset about it. i realize yes, its a library, but you should also have realized by now that people are always in mills socializing.
Old 04-14-2010 at 10:50 PM   #14
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey18 View Post
Haha riiight.
I'm as serious as rossclot stalking me.

White people can't have a culture?

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 04-14-2010 at 10:51 PM   #15
Rossclot

Liked: 137 Times

1) I dont have any financial support, so I dont have mommy or daddy's money to buy a laptop, so I DEPEND on access to the school's computers.

2) Mills is the only place open late, and the only place open 24/7 during the exams

3) I actually cant study at my apartment. Let's just say there is a reason I pay $240 a month, utilities included, free washer/dryer, internet, 4 minute walk from school, bus stop outside ma house etc. I cant stand up in a good 80% of my apartment. It is the tiniest place every. No studying can happen there. I have really tried hard to, trust me. The fact that I am single has been a bit of a blessing because there is no room for a second person at my place.

I should just trap a badger, get it really pissed off, then let it loose in mills. Or make some chocolat truffles and dope them with LSD or laxatives ... or both. Worked great on my ex that one time out east.

Deegs14, Keenu like this.