MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
shout outs to all the econ minors I need your help! tyrant Academics 3 09-06-2011 01:34 PM
Hard Minors? tyrant Academics 10 05-31-2011 11:43 AM
Eng + Minors.. and other stuff Zimonada First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 08-18-2010 01:20 AM
Minors really worth it? tammy37 Academics 36 08-21-2009 10:21 AM
Minors Kevin Academics 4 05-14-2008 10:28 AM

minors in econ

Old 05-16-2012 at 05:17 PM   #1
Unregistered

minors in econ
if i am a commerce student should i do a minor in econ? will it have any use to perspective employers
Old 05-16-2012 at 08:19 PM   #2
Unregistered

Yes a minor in econ is great to have and put on a resume (because i have done that) but employers are looking for experience, extra-curricular, and grades, the minor in econ is more of a personal achievement
Old 05-16-2012 at 09:22 PM   #3
baodo1
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 6 Times

anything to set yourself apart from the competition is good, but you should have an interest in economics before pursuing a minor. If you happen to like econ than doing a minor is a great idea.
Old 05-16-2012 at 10:22 PM   #4
Rayine
Elite Member

Liked: 207 Times

I think being in commerce and having a minor in econ is a little pointless. That would be like (chem bio) having a minor in biochem.
But if you were to say minor in something that's very very different than your major (like math), then that would make you stand out even more.
President, McMaster Undergraduate Society for the Chemical Sciences

muons likes this.