MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Eng + Minors.. and other stuff Zimonada First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 08-18-2010 01:20 AM
Possible Minors w/ Comp. Sci.? Andrew A Academics 10 07-31-2010 06:08 PM
Majors and Minors? Hanna First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 23 06-19-2010 11:45 AM
Number of Minors myoozik General Discussion 28 06-21-2009 10:48 PM
Minors Kevin Academics 4 05-14-2008 10:28 AM

Minors really worth it?

Old 06-16-2009 at 02:48 PM   #31
Omega_X13

Liked: 9 Times

Does anyone know if you're allowed to declare more than one minor?
Old 06-16-2009 at 03:02 PM   #32
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

Yup. Of course you can't do that until you fill out your grad cards.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Omega_X13 says thanks to lorend for this post.
Old 06-16-2009 at 03:05 PM   #33
Omega_X13

Liked: 9 Times

Awesome. I wasn't even going for two, but I noticed that I could as I was planning out my 4th year, so I might as well go for it, lol.
Old 08-20-2009 at 06:14 PM   #34
niteskie
Elite Member

Liked: 45 Times

Ok so I really enjoy computer science(since grade 10) and also photoshop and stuff like that so when I was choosing what university I wanted to go into I decided to choose Mac because I could go into the Multimedia program and then do a minor in Computer Science. But now i've been looking at other careers I might want to go into and i've found something else i'm interested in. But inorder to take the requirements to get into the second program I can't do my minor in computer science.

So I was wondering, should Igo for the minor and then if I change my mind just shadow the second program and apply for it after second year or should I take the requirements to get into the second program?
Old 08-20-2009 at 09:44 PM   #35
daisy

Liked: 51 Times

Perhaps you should be asking people (employers) in the fields that you're interested in how they feel about minors...or transcripts, for that matter

You might be surprised?!

If it is for personal development's sake, then go for it!
Old 08-21-2009 at 08:26 AM   #36
niteskie
Elite Member

Liked: 45 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy View Post
Perhaps you should be asking people (employers) in the fields that you're interested in how they feel about minors...or transcripts, for that matter

You might be surprised?!

If it is for personal development's sake, then go for it!
I was wondering if I should sacrifice my minor to get the requirements for another second year program i'm interested in? or Should I take the first year courses for my minor and then if I decide I want to go into the other second year program instead of Multimedia just take the required courses needed for it in second year?
Old 08-21-2009 at 10:21 AM   #37
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by niteskie View Post
I was wondering if I should sacrifice my minor to get the requirements for another second year program i'm interested in? or Should I take the first year courses for my minor and then if I decide I want to go into the other second year program instead of Multimedia just take the required courses needed for it in second year?
That's really up to you. I would say go for the second year program if you are interested in it. Then hopefully you can still finish your minor afterwards, think about taking a summer course or two if you really want a minor.

But your major is the major deciding factor on your career not your minor.