MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Missed Class Patrick.O Academics 2 09-12-2010 03:46 PM
Missed Exam Help! levarun Academics 3 04-23-2010 12:36 PM
Missed my exam... MarkA Academics 28 04-21-2010 11:18 PM
Missed my lab! help! nikJ Academics 3 10-15-2009 08:31 PM
Work program application form? macstudent99 General Discussion 2 03-02-2009 09:43 AM

Missed work form

Old 03-07-2011 at 01:48 AM   #1
Milan10

Liked: 0 Times

Missed work form
Hello. I've been told by my friends that you're allowed two free deferrals of tests. He himself had submitted a form to defer one of his own a few hours before it. I just wanted to know if this was actually possible without a doctors note, and if so, is it just tests that can be deferred or can labs or assignments be put off as well. Thanks!
Old 03-07-2011 at 02:27 AM   #2
Desda
Elite Member

Liked: 335 Times

I believe you are looking for this: http://www.mcmaster.ca/msaf/

You can defer assignments, quizzes, midterms, labs, missed mandatory tutorials, etc. No doctor's note is required. However, you must contact your prof to decide where the deferred % goes instead... For math, deferred stuff just adds on to the final.

Enjoy the start of a terrible habit.
Old 03-07-2011 at 06:50 AM   #3
Milan10

Liked: 0 Times

Awesome thank you so much. Just on a side note though, is a busy week considered a valid excuse, or should i just say I was sick lol. Thanks again.
Old 03-07-2011 at 07:42 AM   #4
jajas
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 49 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan10 View Post
Awesome thank you so much. Just on a side note though, is a busy week considered a valid excuse, or should i just say I was sick lol. Thanks again.
Go with sick, easiest way out and no questions asked. Look up some rare disease on the the internet to make it more believable.
Old 03-07-2011 at 07:04 PM   #5
ingénieur.xo
Elite Member

Liked: 38 Times

Also just so you know, you're supposed to submit the form just before you're going back to school, not when the midterm or quiz or whatever is occurring or due. Just saying this cause you said your friend submitted his a few hours before the midterm, which isn't the proper way to do it.

Old 03-07-2011 at 07:13 PM   #6
jo87
Elite Member

Liked: 152 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingénieur.xo View Post
Also just so you know, you're supposed to submit the form just before you're going back to school, not when the midterm or quiz or whatever is occurring or due. Just saying this cause you said your friend submitted his a few hours before the midterm, which isn't the proper way to do it.
Where is your avatar from?
Old 03-07-2011 at 07:17 PM   #7
PHLN
Oink! Oink! Oink! Oink!

Liked: 506 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo87 View Post
Where is your avatar from?
For a second there, I thought you were talking to yourself.

jo87 likes this.