MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What were your best/awkward residence or Mac moments? MACTV General Discussion 29 09-28-2009 03:45 PM
Favorite TV Moments lawleypop General Discussion 38 09-07-2009 09:21 AM

Most embarrassing moments

Old 12-25-2009 at 12:23 AM   #16
BlakeM
Elite Member

Liked: 121 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by xo.monica View Post
haha, you are!!
well, to me, because I'm super short. D:

and I was just teasing Blake, lmao, he's pretty freakin' tall, too. O_O
I'm not THAT tall. Nothing like hitting high school and meeting people that are 6'5" to kill your ego :(

xo.monica likes this.
Old 12-25-2009 at 01:18 AM   #17
JEFF_CHAN
Forum Creeper

Liked: 454 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeM View Post
I'm not THAT tall. Nothing like hitting high school and meeting people that are 6'5" to kill your ego :(
Nothing like hitting high school and meeting people that are 5'8" to kill your ego. >_>

BlakeM likes this.
Old 12-25-2009 at 01:33 AM   #18
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeM View Post
Grade 6, tallest person in my grade, and one of the only people who could dunk. Showing off like an idiot while the rest of my friends/grade watches/plays basketball nearby, my fingers caught on the rim, and I held on for too long. Fell, broke my arm, and everyone was staring at me as I walked out. Just....painful.

Also, when I was about 6/7 years old, I was in a amusement park in Kuwait, and going down a water slide, my shorts ripped. So I walked all the way back to get changed while grabbing my shorts to hide my butt, with people laughing at me because it was so obvious what I was hiding :(
What kind of mutant kid were you? :p I was 6 feet tall when I left elementary school in grade 8, tallest in my school, and no one could dunk. only 3 in my class could even grab the rim.
Old 12-25-2009 at 04:11 PM   #19
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 414 Times

grade 8, the guy on the stage told the people not to come up, he was calling out names for some competition...called my name, my teacher urged me to go up

I went, and stood there like an idiot, everyone was holding themselves from laughing their ass off....i didn't talk to my teacher for 6 months lol

edit: why the heck would somebody like this Blake?!

Last edited by Afzal : 12-25-2009 at 04:21 PM.

~*Sara*~ says thanks to Afzal for this post.

BlakeM, Richa like this.
Old 12-25-2009 at 04:15 PM   #20
JEFF_CHAN
Forum Creeper

Liked: 454 Times

My cousins got me this mousepad for Christmas.

http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos...104 359_n.jpg

Yeah. Not awkward or weird at all.
(btw, she asked me to do that pose with it... There's a gel wrist-rest on it btw)

Old 12-25-2009 at 05:01 PM   #21
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afzal View Post
grade 8, the guy on the stage told the people not to come up, he was calling out names for some competition...called my name, my teacher urged me to go up

I went, and stood there like an idiot, everyone was holding themselves from laughing their ass off....i didn't talk to my teacher for 6 months lol

edit: why the heck would somebody like this Blake?!
OMG! That same scenario happened to me in grade 8. UGH! I thought I forgot about it.. Not anymore I guess :( [email protected] It was so bad. I just shook the person's hand and walked down. So embarassing!
Old 12-25-2009 at 06:18 PM   #22
Rossclot

Liked: 137 Times

When I was out on a training week during my basic training (during the middle of winter), I dropped my glove in the port-a-potty. The toilet hadnt been used yet, and I was the first to use it, and I dropped it in before I had used the toilet, so it was clean ... but it was still soaking with blue dye/disinfectant chemicals.

The Master Corporal told one of the corporals to dry the glove off on the heater in the cab of one of the trucks. Later, one of the high up officers came walking over to my master corporal with the now dry glove in his hand and yelled "Which one of your little turd-burglars dropped his shit-mitt in the crapper?". I was standing right beside the officer when he said it, so I pipped up with "I would be that turd-burglar, sir!". He laughed at me so at least that diffused the situation, but as the week went on I couldnt wash the glove, so every time my hand sweated it would get stained with the blue disinfectant and I had to walk around with a blue hand. It was especially noticeable at meals. You can scrub it and wash some of it off, but it stains all around your finger nails. Nards

This didnt embarras me that much though. When I was 16 I started getting trained as a classical singer. In my first solo, I forgot the words half way through. Thankfully I recovered by loudly proclaiming that it was my first time and everyone laughed. I know it is painful to watch someone bomb, but if they make a joke about it everyone can relax. Ever since then something snapped in my brain and when I get into a situation where people get nervous or embarrased, I get super relaxed and sleepy. Sure I might fall asleep but it is better than horrible embarasement pain. I'll save all my anxiety for approaching women.
Old 12-25-2009 at 08:50 PM   #23
Afzal
Android Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
OMG! That same scenario happened to me in grade 8. UGH! I thought I forgot about it.. Not anymore I guess :( [email protected] It was so bad. I just shook the person's hand and walked down. So embarassing!
wow.. talk about coincidence

~*Sara*~ likes this.
Old 12-25-2009 at 09:03 PM   #24
jachill
Vampire Slayer

Liked: 40 Times

Quote:
My cousins got me this mousepad for Christmas.

http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos...104359_n.jp g

Yeah. Not awkward or weird at all.
(btw, she asked me to do that pose with it... There's a gel wrist-rest on it btw)
hahaha I've seen those in Toronto. A couple of my friends have one. XD
Old 12-26-2009 at 11:28 AM   #25
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

I don't really get embarassed. It's silly to take yourself that seriously. If everyone else is laughing, just laugh with them and turn it into a joke. It's only embarassing when you're the only one not laughing. ^^

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 12-26-2009 at 11:36 AM   #26
Afzal
Android Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
I don't really get embarassed. It's silly to take yourself that seriously. If everyone else is laughing, just laugh with them and turn it into a joke. It's only embarassing when you're the only one not laughing. ^^
that makes other people laugh at you very often
Old 12-26-2009 at 02:07 PM   #27
manu
jack

Liked: 75 Times

i remember once I called 911 cause I thought my sister was a robber LOL. Next thing i know, there is a chopper in the air and about 7 police cars outside my house. Sorry taxpayers!

Afzal, Richa like this.
Old 12-26-2009 at 04:05 PM   #28
Richa

Liked: 11 Times

Once during elocution competition my hindi language teacher gave me a religious prayer to perform instead of a poem. That was the most embarrassing moment for me because as a matter of fact I suck at singing anything melodiously?! And though the prayer was well versed the kids from all of the middle school stared at me as if I were nuts. Who sings a prayer instead of performing a serious/thoughtful/funny poem infront of 12 yr olds! And I felt so stupid on the stage and also after. :\

Richa Sud
Hon. Psychology (BSc.) IV

Old 12-26-2009 at 04:11 PM   #29
niteskie
Elite Member

Liked: 45 Times

Am I the only who feels better about themselves when they read this thread? Lol

It's good to know there are other people with embaressing moments in their life.
Old 12-28-2009 at 09:43 PM   #30
Entropy
Splice onto Arcane

Liked: 974 Times

There's somewhat of a high ledge at the back entrance of JHE (around the entrance to the Nuclear Research Building), about the height of six to eight average steps. It leads to a dumpster and a dropoff area for trucks. There's no railing, so it's jumpable.

I'd jumped off it before. Once, with a laptop in my backpack. Another time while wearing reasonably heavy boots. Both times though, were straight jumps down.

I had a fairly light bag and I was wearing my running shoes that day, so I thought I should be able to get a good running start and leap off without a problem.

...I was wrong.

Ran, lept, landed, stumbled a few steps, then fell and rolled. My body didn't get hurt too badly (I now know why they design leather jackets for bikers) minus a scrape on my palm, but I can't say the same for my pride.

But it didn't end there. I was a little disoriented when I finally got up, so I ended up wobbling to the wrong side so I couldn't even get out of the area to where my next class was in ABB for a few seconds. It's hard to describe unless you've seen the area, but it's you've ever had a class in ABB you've probably walked down that area before.

I think there were only a handful of people who were passing by so I wasn't too embarrassed, but it was still pretty bad. The damage to my jacket and backpack hurt more than anything. :(

BlakeM, manu like this.