MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Moulton - Introductions thread Chad Moulton Hall Forum 116 08-29-2011 10:03 PM
anyone lived in a single room in moulton before? macbaby07 Moulton Hall Forum 13 07-07-2010 10:28 AM
Moulton hall to Life Science building... ishk33 Moulton Hall Forum 8 08-14-2009 06:21 PM
Moulton Hall '09 Chad Moulton Hall Forum 75 08-10-2009 12:35 PM
Moulton Hall '07 lorend Moulton Hall Forum 26 08-10-2007 07:10 PM

Moulton '08

Old 07-04-2008 at 11:30 PM   #16
bmiguel90

Liked: 0 Times

u have facebook!?
Old 07-04-2008 at 11:31 PM   #17
spiotrowski

yeah i dooo
haha who doesn't have facebook these days

it's Stephanie Piotrowski
add me
Old 07-04-2008 at 11:50 PM   #18
bmiguel90

well, one of my freaking roommates does not have one! (N) :S
Old 07-05-2008 at 12:10 AM   #19
katetuke

So is anyone anywhere near 120?? I think thats actually the coed floor or atleast i hope to god it is lol. I had never even heard of this rez before, but oh well we can make the best of it
Old 07-05-2008 at 12:47 AM   #20
precious

Liked: 1 Time

so my room is MOULT331A. Does that mean im on the top bunk?
Old 07-05-2008 at 01:25 AM   #21
Cippi

Liked: 1 Time

Ok guys, seems like none of the actual Moulton alumni are around to answer some of these questions, so I'll take a crack at it (I *did* spend a lot of time there when I was at Mac and it was still an all-female residence...and there's just no way of typing that without it sounding a little dirty :p)

First off, the "C" bed is the loft bed - the one with the desk underneath it. "A" and "B" are the upper and lower bunks (not sure which is which, but this is negotiable with your CA and roommate when you move in - your desk location isn't as much, because the letter is tied to your phone extension). Unfortunately I don't have any pictures, but I can tell you that you're kind of lucky - the bunk & lofts in Moulton are bigger than those in Hedden, for example.

Also, just to address the "I don't know why I got it, I didn't even list it as a choice!" posts.....that's the way fate happens in a lottery. Chances are, you were assigned a very low spot in the lottery, and by the time they got to your name, the more "desirable" buildings had filled up already, so they placed you wherever there was room.

Now, don't despair! Like many of us rez alumni have have said on here numerous times, it's not the building itself that matters, it's the people in it! For that same reason, you can't really say it's not a "party rez", because a building is just an inanimate object - it's the people who live there and their collective personalities that make it great or not. As for the physical building itself, I always kind of liked it - it's pretty good. It seems like a lot fewer people complain about Whidden which has almost identical rooms and is the same age, oddly enough. One nice thing about Moulton which I've often heard is that you'll have a ton of storage space in your room, which is always good.

Oh, and if you have a room like MOULTB107A, that "B" means "basement". Because the building is built on sloped ground, the rooms that are physically on the ground level in the back of the building are in the basement (as in, one level down from the main entrance). You still have full windows and everything, it's just a smaller floor because not all of it is bedrooms (the laundry room, multi-purpose room, etc. is also there).

Um... that's pretty much all I can address right now off the top of my head... One question for you guys, though - do you actually know that 3rd and 4th are all-female floors, or is that something people just told you happened in the past? In terms of gendered floors/buildings, things can change drastically from year to year at Mac, so I'm just curious if this was actually confirmed somehow.

ayiri, Cristina_n13, precious, spiotrowski, ThatGuy all say thanks to Cippi for this post.
Old 07-05-2008 at 04:26 AM   #22
ayiri

Liked: 7 Times

ya one of the CAs on facebook said that 3rd and 4th floors were going to be all female.

and just to echo everyone else's response, this was not one of my choices at alllll hah
Old 07-05-2008 at 07:39 AM   #23
bauhaual

Hello everyone....to all those people who didn't choose Moulton as their first choice..or even as any of there choices at all i just want to say............In my first year I didn't want to live in Moulton either, and I hated the thought of living in a triple with 2 other roommates, but guess what? I ended up loving it. I really enjoyed living in Moulton. Also, living in a triple will probably be torture to you at first, but as long as you get along with your roommates then you're going to really like living in a triple. Espescially if you're coming to Mac and don't know anyone - living in a triple is like having two automatic friends!! I've lived in residence a few years and I was a CA last year so I know it's best to try and get a long with your roommates, because there's like a 0.01% chance of getting a different room just because you don't get along with your roommates. So try to make the best of it!

Now, to all those lucky people who have the 'C' bedspace....In my opinion it's the best one! It's the loft bed and yes I am a little biased because that's what I had in first year...but still. It's like having your own personal area. You do have a little less storage space than the other two bedspaces - but because they have so much storage, they'll usually share all there space with you. They only thing you might not have a lot of is closet space. :S But there is a lot of drawer and cupboard space - so it balances out a little.

precious, spiotrowski all say thanks to bauhaual for this post.
Old 07-05-2008 at 10:06 AM   #24
*jessica.13

UGH i'm 'A' and i better not get stuck with a bottom bunk...i'd rather sleep on the floor.
Old 07-05-2008 at 10:08 AM   #25
Cristina_n13

Liked: 23 Times

I also got the A bed, I believe that is the top bunk.
Old 07-05-2008 at 10:09 AM   #26
KaylaMarie

Liked: 3 Times

I'm in Moulton, Room 414, bed C
I wasn't very excited when I first found out, but after reading this, I'm a little more excited, and I'm definitely up for partying
Old 07-05-2008 at 10:11 AM   #27
Cristina_n13

Liked: 23 Times

Oh hey, finally someone else on the 4th floor. I'm in 421 =], probably a bit down the hall and across
Old 07-05-2008 at 10:16 AM   #28
KaylaMarie

Liked: 3 Times

Nice! I'm a little worried, but I'm sure we'll make the best of it

Add me to facebook if you want (or anyone else in Moulton!):
Kayla Reesor
Old 07-05-2008 at 10:52 AM   #29
bribri5052

is there anyone here that actually choose moulten? cause i know for sure that it wasn't one of my choices!! hopefully it'll all work out. i'm in room 323. anyone else on the third floor?
Old 07-05-2008 at 11:04 AM   #30
Joann
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 8 Times

I'm on the 3rd floor... room 306.