MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Moulton - Introductions thread Chad Moulton Hall Forum 116 08-29-2011 10:03 PM
anyone lived in a single room in moulton before? macbaby07 Moulton Hall Forum 13 07-07-2010 10:28 AM
Moulton hall to Life Science building... ishk33 Moulton Hall Forum 8 08-14-2009 06:21 PM
Moulton Hall '09 Chad Moulton Hall Forum 75 08-10-2009 12:35 PM
Moulton Hall '07 lorend Moulton Hall Forum 26 08-10-2007 07:10 PM

Moulton '08

Old 08-09-2008 at 08:35 PM   #76
bauhaual

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by amplified View Post
Just curious.
What did you have to do to stay in res after your 1st year. Because I was informed that upper years are never guaranteed spots:S
You are allowed to apply to residence even if you are an upper year student. Lots of upper year students live in residence. There's just not as many spots as first years, and your choosen by a lottery system. It's just a random draw - unless you have an average of 9.5 or are a staff member, then you're guarenteed.
So i didn't have to do anything to stay in res. I just applied and was fortunate enough to get picked for a room.
Old 08-12-2008 at 10:32 PM   #77
amplified

I know that Brock students who become CAs get to stay in residence for free. Is this the same for Mac or not? Seems convenient. Although, I've heard its a lot of hard work, but its probably very rewarding, regardless.
Old 08-12-2008 at 11:28 PM   #78
Cippi

Liked: 1 Time

As a CA, you sort of get to stay in residence for free. Essentially, you get paid a certain amount every 2 weeks, and by the end of the year the total amount you've received adds up to the cost of the room (but NOT the meal plan - you have to pay for that yourself still).

In all seriousness, though, if you're just doing it for the money and/or the room, it's not worth it. It IS a lot of hard work, and the selection process is very stringent and competitive. It can certainly be extremely rewarding, though - I had a fantastic floor and a great staff in my building that made the year great. It's definitely not just another job - in a way you're always "on call". For that reason, breaking it down into monetary terms doesn't make a lot of sense, unless you want to realize that you're making 3 cents an hour or something like that :p

If you already know you want to do it, then getting the room for "free" just comes as a nice bonus.
Old 08-12-2008 at 11:29 PM   #79
zemianr

i skimmed through this thread, and never found a clear answer as to which letter "A,B,C" corresponds to which bed.... can anyone help me out???
Old 08-13-2008 at 08:06 AM   #80
Kareko

Liked: 8 Times

in a triple the C is the loft- ie. single bed, which is above the desk area
the A is the top bunk and B is the bottom bunk in the bunk bed situation

in a single the letter doesnt mean anything and I'm not sure of doubles and quad rooms, but a double wont matter much anyway I should think

btw checking the rez was great- the rooms are so big
and the game room looks excellent as well

Cristina_n13 says thanks to Kareko for this post.
Old 08-13-2008 at 09:40 PM   #81
Acelvr

hey yeah i didn't have moulton as one of my choices either but yeah i got third floor.

i was wondering though apparently we are gonna get a mini fridge in our room? is that true .. i mean for the bunk and loft style
Old 08-13-2008 at 10:02 PM   #82
guest_295
Happy and Helpful

Liked: 14 Times

im 223! close byyy
Old 08-14-2008 at 07:16 AM   #83
Kareko

Liked: 8 Times

as long as your in a triple than yes you get a fridge ^^
(I assume they're probably for quads too, but I'm not positive on that one...)
Old 08-17-2008 at 02:37 PM   #84
tristic

Wow, I didn't know we get a fridge! Does anyone know anything about it? As in, does it include a freezer, for frozen foods? Thanks for the help!
Old 08-17-2008 at 03:22 PM   #85
Cristina_n13

Liked: 23 Times

If you're talking about the fridge that you get in your room, it's basically a bar fridge, so there is no freezer. If you go on the Moulton Facebook Group you can see pictures of the room and how big (in comparison to the room & parts of the room)

tristic says thanks to Cristina_n13 for this post.
Old 08-17-2008 at 04:16 PM   #86
tristic

We're on the same floor, by the way. Thanks for the info! My roomates and I appreciate it.
Old 08-17-2008 at 04:26 PM   #87
Cristina_n13

Liked: 23 Times

Thats pretty sweet What room are you guys in?
& it's my pleasure
Old 08-17-2008 at 06:18 PM   #88
KaylaMarie

Liked: 3 Times

Are you sure there is no freezer?
Most bar fridges I've seen have a little freezer on top (yet still inside the door..if you know what I mean)
Old 08-19-2008 at 04:12 PM   #89
bauhaual

Yea, when I lived in Moulton in first year - the mini fridge that we received had a small freezer in it. I think we all ended up using the common room freezer anyways though, because the freezer in our fridge was really small.
Old 08-20-2008 at 08:18 AM   #90
ingénieur.xo
Elite Member

Liked: 38 Times

There is definitely a freezer in the fridge in the room. Like bauhaual said, it is pretty tiny so you'll probably end up using the one in the common room.