MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Move-in question kwanfelix First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 08-31-2010 11:00 PM
Parking Lot question on Move in Day icecubz Mary Keyes Forum 2 08-31-2010 01:46 PM
Move-in Question! Kay-Kay First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 08-30-2008 01:39 AM
another move-in day question marrgarita First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 08-28-2008 12:27 PM
Move-in day mandee08 Residence & Housing 23 08-19-2008 03:38 PM

Move In Day Question

Old 08-29-2008 at 09:25 PM   #16
katie_batt

Liked: 9 Times

Another random question: On move in day, (tomorrow!) what do we do if there are specific things that WE want to move, like fragile things...ok, so I'm talking about my fish and fish tanks...lol are we allowed to move them in? and how do we do it? Because I definately dont trust anyone with my fishies lol or their homes
Old 08-29-2008 at 09:50 PM   #17
Cippi

Liked: 1 Time

That's no problem - when the reps are helping you unload your car, just point to it and say "I'll take that", and they won't touch it! You probably won't be able to keep your car in the unloading zone for very long, though (and you need to get your keys before you can get in your room), so you may need to carry the tanks from the parking lot to Bates later on. West Quad tends to have a slightly more relaxed move-in process than North Quad (since there is both more space and fewer residents there), so you may be able to leave the car long enough to get your keys if you happen to not be there at an extremely busy time.

In any case, have a fantastic move-in tomorrow and Welcome Week after that! You're going to love it!
Old 08-30-2008 at 12:24 AM   #18
shaiya08

Liked: 0 Times

hi guys. i just have a quick question. XD

do u think having 2 big suitcases just for my wardrobe is reasonable ? i also have 3 not-too-big-not-too-small-not-medium boxes. LOL. plus 3 hand carry bags. XD
&& some other plastic bags with comforter/pillow.

do u think I should reduce my load ? like taking out some clothes XD

i dont wanna be embarrassed b/c of having too much loads.

thanks
Old 08-30-2008 at 12:45 AM   #19
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

I don't think you are the only one... I have 6 small-medium sized boxes, 1 suitcase, 1 plastic bin that contains my bed stuff, 1 garbage bag that contains bed stuff that doesn't fit in the bin, 2 cases of water, 1 tiny vacuum, 1 fridge... Lol

shaiya08 says thanks to jhan523 for this post.
Old 08-30-2008 at 12:56 AM   #20
Cippi

Liked: 1 Time

Yep, it sounds like that's perfectly reasonable. Trust me, I've seen people trying to move a truly unreasonable amount of stuff into their rooms, and you don't seem to be anywhere near that :p So long as you're not bringing a U-Haul full of stuff (which has happened...), you should be good!

shaiya08 says thanks to Cippi for this post.
Old 08-30-2008 at 02:10 AM   #21
Iman

Liked: 5 Times

Haha oh wow I keep looking at my stuff and it seems like way too much. ): I have 4 plastic bins, a fridge, a fan, a printer, and a mattress topper I was too lazy to take out of the box so it's pretty much mattress shaped still. 8D And I'll be carrying in a few things too... With the magic of webcams, here's what the first 4 items look like, less a plastic bin! Clicky.

...I'm kind of bored and unable to sleep at 3 AM, you see. Too excited. :D
Old 08-30-2008 at 06:41 AM   #22
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

If you consider that a lot, I think you would faint if you saw how much I'm bringing XD