MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
English 1AA3 - The Longer Genre eleduc 1st Year Course Reviews 29 06-20-2016 07:51 AM
List your favourite PC games (any genre) Kendoon Gaming 78 11-06-2010 10:03 PM
Some of the Best Movies Just Aren't From Around Here mike_302 Movies & Television 33 04-15-2010 01:46 AM
Baw Movies lawleypop Movies & Television 69 12-15-2009 02:25 AM
English shorter genre sumo1991 Academics 15 06-23-2009 10:24 AM

Movies by Genre

Old 12-27-2010 at 11:51 AM   #31
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

I just watched Easy A and Devil, and I really liked both of those movies. Easy A is like a teen comedy and Devil is a psychological thriller (as opposed to horror).

Someone here mentioned The Mist, I would suggest that too. The movie itself isn't amazing but I would definately recommend it!
Old 12-27-2010 at 02:18 PM   #32
mattatmac
the heartbreak kid

Liked: 71 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamanonymous View Post
I didn't purposely pick the movies that got mixed or awful reviews. I admit the majority of the movies I watched this break either sucks or is just ok, not awesome. That's why I read this thread to get some ideas as to what are awesome movies.
Haha, i'm just messing with you man, although i won't lie, i kinda thought you were a cinema masochist for a second there .

Definitely check out stuff like Scott Pilgrim and In Bruges, it'll make you remember why you loved movies in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy2 View Post
I just watched Easy A and Devil, and I really liked both of those movies. Easy A is like a teen comedy and Devil is a psychological thriller (as opposed to horror).

Someone here mentioned The Mist, I would suggest that too. The movie itself isn't amazing but I would definately recommend it!
I remember watching the trailer for Devil and being pretty impressed up until it said "from the mind of M. Night Shamylan to which everyone booed. After watching it i can say it was definitely a great film, which is why i now think that M.Night probably not nothing to do with it

Last edited by mattatmac : 12-27-2010 at 02:27 PM.
Old 12-27-2010 at 04:02 PM   #33
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

I dono, I don't really mind M.Night's movies... they are alright.
Old 12-27-2010 at 07:06 PM   #34
mattatmac
the heartbreak kid

Liked: 71 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdragon View Post
I dono, I don't really mind M.Night's movies... they are alright.
I don't mind his movies either up until he started making crap like "Lady in the Water", "The Village", and the atrociously bad "The Last Airbender".

I mean, in Airbender he didn't even get the characters names right. He literally misspelled or misspoke major characters names of an established franchise and thought no one would notice...
Old 12-27-2010 at 07:29 PM   #35
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Liked: 645 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattatmac View Post
I don't mind his movies either up until he started making crap like "Lady in the Water", "The Village", and the atrociously bad "The Last Airbender".

I mean, in Airbender he didn't even get the characters names right. He literally misspelled or misspoke major characters names of an established franchise and thought no one would notice...
Shyamalaalamanalamana manayamanan is basically the greatest troll ever to hit the big screen