MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Msaf dromias Academics 16 07-16-2011 04:37 PM
MSAF Help Desda First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 19 02-24-2011 03:09 PM
Msaf healthsci1 General Discussion 9 02-07-2011 04:43 PM
Walk in Clinic Near Campus Shermeen General Discussion 4 01-22-2010 09:04 PM
On Campus Clinic lawleypop General Discussion 2 01-04-2010 09:03 AM

MSAF/Clinic/Opt-Out

Old 10-24-2011 at 09:00 AM   #1
Kuttan

Liked: 0 Times

MSAF/Clinic/Opt-Out
Hi,
I am a first year student in Engineering.
Yesterday morning onwards I have a bad stomach pain/loose motion, I have been eating carrots and drinking salt water still no help, I had opted-out my McMaster health coverage, does that mean I can't go to McMaster clinic for check-up? Or can I go to them anytime?

One more thing I have a Math Mid-Term on Wednesday which worth 20% and 2 labs worth 3% each due on Thursday. I really don't want to miss but if my pain doesn't stop will I be able to fill out MSAF? When do I fill this form out after the test/lab or before the test/lab?

When I fill this form out will I be excused from all my classes and labs?

Thank you
Please help.
Old 10-24-2011 at 09:05 AM   #2
Amaryll
My math prof is hotter.

Liked: 326 Times

You can only fill out the MSAF once per term, so make sure you're careful with it. You fill it in after your absence. I don't know about the Mac Clinic.

Kuttan says thanks to Amaryll for this post.

Kuttan likes this.
Old 10-24-2011 at 09:08 AM   #3
Faer
Elite Member

Liked: 338 Times

I'm pretty sure it's twice a term, Amaryll...once is for the summer term.

Also, fill it out after your labs and classes. You can have upto 50 items on one form, don't be hasty and send it out now, only to realize you had a few more things due you can't do. So wait till you feel better, then assess what you have to submit.

Ah, and make sure it's within a 5 day range.

EDIT: I wouldn't say you'd be excused. If you have labs, you might have to make them up. Midterms would probably be added to your final exam.

Kuttan says thanks to Faer for this post.

Kuttan likes this.
Old 10-24-2011 at 09:58 AM   #4
MacPack
Offical Deal Blogger
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 160 Times

No they changed it to one per term this year..like since sept 2011

Kuttan says thanks to MacPack for this post.

Amaryll, Kuttan like this.
Old 10-24-2011 at 11:25 AM   #5
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

used to be 2 "free" ones where they dont check/question. now it is one since many people abused it for strategic studying. u can still do it more than once but ur 2nd time u better have alegit reason

Kuttan says thanks to Leeoku for this post.

Kuttan likes this.
Old 10-24-2011 at 12:30 PM   #6
neeti10

Liked: 2 Times

I'm pretty sure you can still go to the clinic, because all you need to go to any clinic is your health card, regardless of coverage. I opted out last year and the clinic still took me. You'd only need to show other coverage if you need to buy prescribed medication

Kuttan says thanks to neeti10 for this post.

Kuttan likes this.
Old 10-24-2011 at 01:47 PM   #7
Kuttan

Liked: 0 Times

I am kinda feeling better now, I don't think I will be using the MSAF form but I might go to the clinic just make sure I am good.
Thanks guys for the advice.

Old 10-24-2011 at 05:33 PM   #8
Lois
Elite Member

Liked: 361 Times

Seeing a doctor is covered by OHIP not by Mac's health insurance - that covers stuff that isn't covered by OHIP such as prescription drugs, etc.

Kuttan says thanks to Lois for this post.

Kuttan likes this.