MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What's the difference between the Kin anatomy/physiology and nursing/health sci one? daftypatty Academics 2 12-09-2013 04:23 PM
MSAF-ing an anatomy test? AESCheer Academics 6 03-12-2013 08:18 PM
First year nursing student :P anyone else taking nursing and if not message still :) C.RUMBLE Introduce Yourself 9 08-27-2010 12:56 PM
Looking for Nursing notes for anatomy/physiology and Human Biochemisty!!!! crumble First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 0 08-12-2010 09:05 PM

MSAF Nursing Anatomy?

Old 02-24-2014 at 08:44 PM   #1
browneyedgirl

Liked: 2 Times

MSAF Nursing Anatomy?
Hi there! I was just wondering if anyone had every MSAF-ed for an anatomy midterm exam? The exam is worth less than 30% and as far as I can tell, it should be covered under the MSAF rules, but on my course syllabus (HSC 1H06) it states that
"Once appropriate documentation has been submitted and accepted, alternate arrangements for missed assignments and midterms will be made in consultation with the course coordinator. Students that miss a tutorial or quiz for medical reasons must submit a McMaster Student Absence Form (MSAF) – limit of 1 per semester. Subsequent missed tutorials or quizzes will result in a mark of zero."

Does this mean that they won't accept the MSAF for the midterm?
Old 02-25-2014 at 08:29 AM   #2
topkek

Liked: 23 Times

Stop thinking about cheating the system.

eullwm likes this.
Old 02-25-2014 at 11:11 AM   #3
Silver
Elite Member

Liked: 392 Times

they should accept it unless it specifically says msaf wont be accepted for the midterm
Old 02-25-2014 at 01:24 PM   #4
BenDover
Account Locked

Liked: 63 Times

I would say talk to the prof, you know... the one listed in your quote as "course coordinator", but that would probably involve giving the prof a legitimate reason for MSAFing. Based on your lack of reason given here, id assume this is because you didnt prepare for the midterm sufficiently, which doesnt really constitute a legitimate use of the MSAF system.
Old 02-25-2014 at 02:11 PM   #5
Silver
Elite Member

Liked: 392 Times

^lol this guys dumb. barely anyone uses msafs for legit reasons. profs know that and dont care about it either.