MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Any VISITING students here? smarties13 Academics 0 10-18-2010 08:01 PM
Students Helping Students Over The Holidays Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 11-25-2009 09:57 PM
McMaster MSDNAA myster General Discussion 10 09-04-2009 01:23 PM
IRIS: A Drama Production by Students for Students lorend First Year Success 0 06-06-2008 02:57 PM

MSDNAA For CAS students

Old 07-08-2011 at 10:49 AM   #1
m0ns13ur

Liked: 2 Times

MSDNAA For CAS students
Hi fellow MacInsiders.

As many CAS students are aware (from the email we got last year), we're supposed to have access to many Microsoft programs under permanent student licenses...from here:

http://msdn07.e-academy.com/mcmu_comps

Which redirects to:

http://e5.onthehub.com/WebStore/Prod...87d8897&vsro=8

However, I tried logging in recently and noticed my login was incorrect. I read the FAQs/Guidelines, and even checked if McMaster University is still on the list of universities that can access the MSDN software. I found CAS @ McMaster listed under faculties/universities quite easily.

I logged in last year (my second year, when I originally received the email) and was able to download a couple of programs easily, and install them seamlessly. Now, I've seen that the website got a UI revamp, along with other updates (such as new software.)

Has anyone else tried logging in, and received similar results, and/or successfully managed to get in? All CAS (i.e. Computer Science, Software Engineering & Mechatronics Engineering) students should have access to it, as was shown last year.

I even went ahead and contacted MSDN E-Academy's support team at msdnaa_softwarecenter @e-academy.com.

They redirected me to "email my McMaster MSDNAA Program Coordinator' at [email protected] a.

So I did.

Except I got no response. Something tells me no one checks that email address.

And I'm wondering now as to what's going on with other people who try to log in.

Sorry for the lengthy post. Just looking for some answers and further insight.

If any other CAS students could share their experiences on logging into the website, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

-Aimal
Old 07-08-2011 at 11:37 AM   #2
stevennn
Pro Lurker.

Liked: 19 Times

It doesn't work in the summer, you'll have to wait until September. I think they send another email out when you can log in again.

Old 07-08-2011 at 11:44 AM   #3
Patrick.O

Liked: 28 Times

Yeah I gave it a go about a month ago, but it wouldn't let me log in, like you I sent an email to [email protected] a but no-one responded.

I was guessing it was because I was moving into the relatively unknown Business Informatics program but I guess it's down for everyone.
Old 07-08-2011 at 04:11 PM   #4
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 414 Times

They change passwords every year and they deactivate accounts during the Summer, try in September after you get the email.