MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
McDonalds 1/2 price Angus???? April 12-April 18 elvindsouza Student Deals & Discounts 18 04-14-2011 04:34 PM
Slutwalk Toronto on Sunday April 3rd! amyf Politics 96 04-02-2011 03:31 PM
Academic standing greekkid First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 04-14-2010 08:13 PM
Student Involvement Survey In The Works Chad MacInsiders Announcements 8 03-27-2008 09:26 AM

MSU/SRA Standing Committee Involvement Oppurtunity: Sunday April 17th!

The Student Representative Assembly of the MSU is the highest governing body of the organization and handles a bulk of it's projects and efforts for betterment of student life as well as the organization itself; most of the work however is done through it's six standing committee's.

Each committee will have one commissioner, four SRA members, and two at large MSU members/students elected to it.

So hence those two MSU spots for each of the six main committee's as well as spots for a number of other smaller/less active committee's are up for Election this Sunday April 17th's SRA Meeting. The meeting starts at 12pm but the MSU elections won't be till a few hours in.

For me personally my greatest experiences and most productive work and influence on student life at McMaster has come through committee's who are essentially the workhorse of SRA and not through directly being an SRA member.

For more information I would encourage everyone to check out:

http://t.co/1XfzhiY

And also check out this blog post for more detailed info about these committee's http://php.orbiscommunicatio ns.com/srablog/?p=283

This is an excellent opportunity to get involved if you ever wanted to make a difference at Mac or even if you were say planning to run for SRA but didn't feel you have enough experience this year.

Please feel free to ask questions, there is a couple of us SRA members active on MI!
Published by
MSU VP Education 2012-2013

Article Tools

Deleted Post
Old 04-13-2011 at 06:15 AM   #2
J-Met
Elite Member

Liked: 135 Times
Thanks for posting Huzaifa! I personally sat as an MSU member on the Bylaws and Procedures committee for a year and it was a great experience. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask!

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search